Five

Still You [EDITING]

            Taeyeon’s forehead scrunches as she reaches out to the little machine that’s irritating her at the moment. She continues to tightly close her eyes, trying to ignore the fact that her alarm was ringing and that there was no way she’ll be able to go back to sleep. She groggily sits up and reaches out for the clock, then turns it off. Leaning on her bed, she sighs at the thought that she’ll be working non-stop again.

            Just when she was about to jump out of bed, her phone rings and she purses her lips. Who would call her this early? She rolls her eyes but reaches for the phone anyway,

            “What?” she blurts out without even bothering to say ‘good morning’.

            “Turn the ing television on. You’re on the news!”

            “What now? Did somebody embezzle funds from our company or some ?” Taeyeon continues, not really wanting to turn the television on. All she hears is bad news and some fake news. She feels that she’s only wasting her time.

            “No. This is bigger. Just turn on the telly!”

            Taeyeon groans but reaches for the remote anyway. Sooyoung’s panicking voice made her curious and so she almost dropped her phone when the news displayed a few pictures of her from last night’s dinner.

            It wouldn’t be such a big deal for Taeyeon and her company if only Sunmi wasn’t in those pictures. She opens but no words come out. She’s speechless, probably because she’s thinking why the hell people would think that she has a romantic relationship with her secretary. She gasps when she realizes something,

            Tiffany. Tiffany had always suspected her of having an affair with Sunmi and those pictures might give her the wrong idea.

            “!” she curses, as she holds on tighter to her phone, seconds later, it begins to ring continuously and so she decides to just put it on the table. She was disheveled, confused, and angry. This could ruin her reputation and her company. She turns to the telly once again and she listens as the reporter say some bull rumors that will pass as “facts” to a normal person’s perspective.

            Breaking:

            A day after the press released unseen photos of CEO Kim Taeyeon and Tiffany Hwang’s romantic Han River date, seemingly intimate photos of Kim Taeyeon and her alleged secretary went viral as they were seen in UI Restaurant the other night allegedly doing romantic things and even kissing. Kim Taeyeon’s representatives have yet to make statements about the photos.

            Meanwhile, we have yet to ask Tiffany Hwang’s side about the issue.

            Taeyeon, wide-eyed, stares at her phone that continues to ring and vibrate. She bites her lip as she thinks of what she’ll say to the press. Although she knows that no kissing or anything romantic happened, she must admit that the timing and the angle of the photos were perfect and it did seem like Sunmi was kissing her.

            After minutes of thinking, she hears a knock on her door and she rushes to check who it is. She sighs in relief when she sees Sooyoung with the same look on her face.

            “Is it true?” Sooyoung immediately asks, concerned about her friend. Taeyeon’s been nothing but a good friend to her so she promised that no matter what happens, she’ll be there to support the older woman because she trusts her. All she wants to know however, is the truth.

            “It’s not true, Soo. Someone’s just trying to ruin my name.” Taeyeon calmly answers. The response made Sooyoung breathe out in relief. They’ve been getting a lot of calls from investors lately asking if the news was true cbecause if it was, they’d pull out all their investments and Taeyeon’s company will crumble down, that’s for sure.

            Nobody wants to invest in a good for nothing CEO who cheats on her missus.

            “Who do you think would it be?”

            Taeyeon shrugs, she is in no shape to think of whoever is behind this at the moment. She’ll deal with that later but right now, she needs to release an official statement soonest before the investors pull out and before the members of the board kick her out of her own company.

            “It’s going to be okay, Tae. We’ll get through the bottom of this.” Sooyoung pats her back and she smiles in return.

            “Okay first we need to release an official statement.” She instructs the tall woman as she starts to face around the apartment. She furrows her eyebrows as she thinks of what they’ll do next. She sees Sooyoung already typing on her laptop and she smiles, she’s really very luck to have friends like Sunmi and Sooyoung.

            “Have you called Sunmi?” she asks, concerned that maybe her secretary is bothered by the news. She frowns when Sooyoung shakes her head and Taeyeon knew what to do after. She grabs a phone that she’s been keeping in case an emergency happens and she swears that at the moment, buying another phone was the best thing she’s ever done, although that phone did spark Tiffany’s suspicions the first time she saw the phone.

            She dials Sunmi’s number and she waits,

            “Hello?”

            “Have you watched the news?” Taeyeon asks as she gauges for Sunmi’s reaction,

            “Yeah. Why?”

            “They reported that we’re dating, aren’t you alarmed?”

            Taeyeon is taken aback when she hears a snort from the other line, “No, because it’s not true? Let’s just deny it and let the people think what they want to think.”

            “But the people will think that I’m cheating on my wife with you! And the investors! The company!”

            “But you wife cheated on you first. If they keep on emphasizing that you’re cheating, then reveal to the whole world that Tiffany cheated on you first!”

            “But… I can’t. It’ll ruin everything that she’s worked hard for.” Taeyeon trails off. She hates that even in times like this she still thinks of what will benefit Tiffany.

            “She should’ve thought of that before she cheated? Anyway, shut up Taeng, I’m on my way to your place.”

            Taeyeon was about to answer but the line was cut off. She shakes her head because Sunmi really is rude to her but she’s not complaining. It’s just proof that they’re comfortable with each other since they’ve been friends since they were kids. She walks towards Sooyoung and she pouts, which makes the taller girl cringe.

            “Geez I’ll slap that pout off of your face, boss.” She warns and Taeyeon immediately stops pouting, “what did Sunmi say?”

            “She says she’s on her way here.”

            Sooyoung rolls her eyes when Taeyeon innocently stares at her. Sometimes, she can’t see how Taeyeon became one of the most powerful business people in the country. She’s like a kid and she’s crumbling down without Tiffany. She sighs at the thought that maybe she’s just so used to Tiffany being by her side that when the woman left, she didn’t know where to pick up. She witnessed how those two fell in love, or at least she witnessed how Taeyeon did.

            There was something about Tiffany that made her skeptic.

            She typed and clicked on her laptop until she almost gasped in surprise. Taeyeon, who was busy answering calls from her friends turns to her and she raises her eyebrows. Her friend seemed to be very shocked about whatever she’s discovered,

            “What?” she asks.

            Sooyoung gulps then stares at Taeyeon with those big round eyes. She knows that it’s going to break her heart but it’s better than seeing Taeyeon fall head over heels with the wrong person.

            “I-I traced the person who uploaded those pictures…” she starts, and it almost broke her to see Taeyeon victoriously smile.

            “Well, who is it then?” the woman asks, genuinely excited but angry at the same time. How dare this person take pictures of her and Sunmi and post malicious news online?

            “Apparently, it came from T-Tiffany.”

 

 

 

 

            Tiffany smirks as she watches the news. She glances on her watch and she sighs. Any minute now, Taeyeon’s going to call her asking her for help with this and she will…not. She’s planned this all along, she’ll make Taeyeon believe that she’ll help her in one condition; she has to sign the divorce papers at that moment. But as soon as the older woman signs the papers, she’ll release a statement saying that she’s filed for divorce because Taeyeon isn’t treating her well.

            And from there she’ll watch Taeyeon’s world crumble.

            It all started when Taeyeon became very busy with her company and all Tiffany wanted was her attention. All those times she spent alone in the apartment made her consider a lot of things and it hurt her to see that Taeyeon wasn’t as ecstatic. She deserved better, or so she thought.

            As if on cue, her phone rings and her evil grin grew wider,

            “Hello, Tae?”

            “You little .”

            She chuckles. Somehow, she loved it when Taeyeon cursed because it was y. It’s as if she woke the monster inside Taeyeon and she’s proud of herself because she’s the only one who ahs done that,

            “How could you Tiffany? I trusted you!” she hears Taeyeon seethe from the other line, “I can’t believe you’ll stoop down to this level just so you could drag me down! I helped you, I tried to save your image even though it was hurting me! How could you!”

            Tiffany bites the insides of her cheek, unamused, she sighs, “I trusted you too, Taeyeon! You used me! You took advantage of my situation so that you could be little miss innocent puppy Tae in the people’s eyes! I thought you’re my friend but you just used me! It’s good that we’re getting divorced because I can’t be with someone who makes me happy! Siwon is the best decision I’ve done and you were the mistake! I don’t love you anymore.”

            “I ing hate you Hwang.” Taeyeon growls, although weak, “…but”

            And Tiffany smirks, “what, Tae? Tell me what you want.” Her smirk grows even more when she hears Taeyeon sigh and gulp,

            “I need your help. I-I… my company, it will crumble down.”

            “Sure, Tae. I’ll go to your apartment as soon as this call ends, then we’ll discuss.”

 

 

 

 

            “She’s such a , Taeng I can’t believe you married a girl like her!” Sooyoung rants as she open the fridge so she could look for food. She still can’t believe that out of all the girls that Taeyeon dated, she had to marry the wrong one! Taeyeon doesn’t deserve this, Tiffany didn’t deserve her.

            Taeyeon chuckles as she calmly sits down. All this time, she kept things to herself and she showed everybody that she’s a very weak character. She always showed that she’s very dependent on Tiffany or to other people in her life that she couldn’t survive without them but truth is, she’s also very well-grounded. She looked and acted weak, and that’s what made her strong.

            “Calm down, Soo.”

            “Calm down? Calm down? Can you hear yourself?!”

            “She’s going to arrive in a few seconds.” Taeyeon mutters as she smirks at Sooyoung, “so you have a few seconds to get ready.”

            “What? What do you mean?”

            Taeyeon just shrugs as she checks the time. She stares straight ahead then smiles when she hears her door bell ring. She stands up, and pretends to walk with no confidence as Sooyoung watches her in curiousity,

            “The are you doing?”

            Taeyeon puts her index finger on her lips, as if telling Sooyoung to shut up and just go with the flow. Afterwards, she walks towards the door with her acting face on and she almost snorted when she opened the door and Tiffany was there, full of confidence,

            “Hello Tae. Need my help?” the woman asks, with confidence, and Taeyeon swears that she’s excited to blow the woman’s mind away. TO answer the query, she opens the door wider and ushered Tiffany inside.

            She smiles inside when she sees Tiffany holding the folder containing their divorce papers. Ah, how exciting. Tiffany sure is looking forward to this day.

            “Have a seat.” Taeyeon says as she points to the couch.

            Sooyoung on the other hand scoffs as she munches on the food. She hates that Tiffany still has the guts to smile and smirk like she didn’t do anything wrong. Unconsciously, the girl is already squeezing the chips as if she was imagining that the chips were Tiffany,

            “I’m going to step on you like you’re an ant.” She whispers to herself.

            As if on cue, another woman enters the apartment and Taeyeon wasn’t sure how she got in.

            “Hello! I’m here now so what are we going to do?”

            Sooyoung widens her eyes at Sunmi and signals her to come to the kitchen so they could give Taeyeon and Tiffany some privacy. The woman rolls her eyes when she sees Tiffany looking at her with an unamused face.

            “Don’t worry, Tiffany I’m just as unhappy as you are.” She quips as she smiles at the girl.

            Tiffany opens but nothing comes out. She stares at Taeyeon with wide eyes, but she only sees Taeyeon smiling, as if she was proud of what Sunmi just did.  The American scoffs but regains her composure anyway,

            “Well?” she asks, impatiently as she slides Taeyeon the folder, “sign it. Now.”

            Taeyeon chuckles, “It makes me so sad to know that you can’t wait to get rid of me.” She reaches for the folder then opens it, faking her shock, then she chuckles again, “unfortunately, you’ve always been careless, Tiffany.”

            Tiffany is taken aback by Taeyeon’s sudden confidence. It was scary, yes, because the woman had always kept things to herself so Tiffany has no idea what Taeyeon is thinking right now. She wasn’t given the chance to know Taeyeon that well.

            Taeyeon can see Tiffany’s walls breaking and she couldn’t be happier, “you see, you’ve spent most of your marriage life staying inside the house and your fashion line just recently came to life. It’s not going to survive without my company, Tiffany, just like how you can’t survive without me.” She stands up and Tiffany follows her with her eyes, “everything that you have is mine, but not everything that I have is yours.”

            “W-what?”

            “So let’s make a deal, AGAIN.” Taeyeon continues with emphasis, “I’m going to sign these papers once my name is cleared and you have to live with me until this mess gets cleaned up.”

            “N-no! What the hell are you saying?” Tiffany argues but Taeyeon just answers her with a chuckle. And Tiffany swears that Taeyeon’s chuckle irks her.

            “Let’s just help each other out, again, for the last time. After this stint, I’ll let you go with your small business untouched. We’ll make it look like this divorce is a mutual decision and not just because you cheated, or in this case, I cheated. Nobody’s going to be the victim.”

            A minute had passed and Tiffany still can’t seem to absorb everything, so Taeyeon just lets her sit down. The older woman then chuckles when Tiffany suddenly snorts, was she finding this funny? A few moments later, Tiffany loses it and she laughs her heart out at the realization that she truly does not know who Taeyeon is,

            Taeyeon laughs too, finding it funny that she managed to keep her walls in tact even after years of marriage with the other woman.

            Tiffany on the other hand wipes the tears from her eyes as she stares at Taeyeon who was giving her a gentle smile,

            “you done?” Taeyeon asks, her smile still showing, and Tiffany swears that she’d want to slap that smile off of the older woman’s face, she was cute though and Tiffany wasn’t going to deny just because she was pissed.

            “Okay, what the are you talking about? You think you can play me, Taeyeon? You know what I’m going to do? I’m going to announce to the whole world, right now, that you’ve been treating me badly and you’ve been using me for your own good!”

            Taeyeon scoffs, then smirks again. She crosses her legs as she stares at Tiffany dead in the eye, “live with me again or I could give you another option.”

            “What’s the other option?”

            “You go to jail and for slandering me, not so nice a reputation now, huh?” Taeyeon smiles victoriously as she sees Tiffany is shaken, “your choice, honey.” She adds in a sweet voice, and Tiffany swears that it made her spine tingle.

 

-------------------------

Alright here's a spoiler:

 

IT GETS EXCITING AFTER THIS CHAPTER

 

lovelots, xx