Part 2: Mingyu POV

Again

My friend wanted sad Mingyu so here you go  

 

 

 

Practice was taking a toll on all of them, Mingyu knew, but he didn't fail to notice it was especially hard on Minghao. Though the younger always put on a happy face in front of the members, Mingyu heard him crying in the bathroom, noticed him sneaking out at night when he thought no one was awake. 

Mingyu never knew what to do. Whenever he could, he tried to cheer the Chinese boy up. He often brought him his favorite food, made an effort to spend as much time as possible with him, small things really. 

Mingyu really thought he was making a difference as Minghao gradually bagan smiling more around the members. Then he noticed the cuts. 

At first, they were small, and Mingyu dismissed them as scrapes. 

It was only when new, long scars began appearing on his arms when Mingyu knew something was very wrong. He began spending even more time with Minghao, rarely leaving his friend alone, and yet the cuts worsened. Minghao always wore long sleeves, thinking no one noticed. He developed bags under his eyes and started eating less. He didn't think anyone noticed. 

Mingyu noticed. 

Mingyu finally confronted the boy one night after the others had fallen asleep. 

"Hey, are you ok?"

No response. Mingyu scooted closer to Minghao, when he realized he was crying. 

Mingyu wrapped his arms around Minghao's shoulders, drawing the boy closer to him. Minghao instantly tore himself free and ran from the room. 

After recovering from his shock, Mingyu followed him. 

The front door was wide open. Minghao was nowhere to be seen. Mingyu returned to his room. 

-

Mingyu woke to screaming. He burst from his bed, slamming the door open and sprinting down the hallway. As he rounded the corner to the living room, he saw the other members running in as well. 

Mingyu looked around frantically, searching for the source of the noise. He spotted Jun leaning over the edge of the balcony outside. Another cry of dispair sounded, and Mingyu realized it was coming from him. Mingyu flew across the room to the balcony and it was then that he saw it: the broken shape of Minghao lying on the ground, 10 stories below. 

Mingyu fell to his knees as he sensed the other members gathering around him and Junhui. Jun was still letting out anguished sobs, and Mingyu could only stare at the body of his friend lying below him. He bit back tears, knowing Minghao wouldn't have wanted it, but once the first traces of liquid dropped onto the ground, they wouldn't stop. 

They didn't stop.