SEVEN

Healing Scars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEVEN

Jinae was torn between two decisions. The bed in her room was too small, but she didn’t want Kai to sleep on her worn-out couch. Her couch was a bit on the miniature size and she doubts he would be able to have a pleasant sleep. His limbs were much longer than hers which means he needed to curl his legs to fit in. He did sleep on the couch when she first brought him in but that was a different case. The boy wasn’t conscious in the first place and she didn’t really have a choice but to lay him there.

 

Kai who noticed her indecisive state took the initiative to lay down on his side and propped his legs to his chest. He had already changed into of the clothes she bought him and he was more than grateful for her unselfishness. His fingers held onto the edge of the blanket she had given him and covered his body. He then looked up to her from his position and gave her a small smile.

 

She was uncertain about leaving him to sleep on her couch but when she saw how he was already curled and snuggled up inside her blanket, ready to fall asleep any moment, she felt herself feeling a little less anxious. She was fine with it if he was comfortable.

 

“Well, good night Kai.” She murmured softly yet tiredly. Her eyes were about to close anytime soon and she wants nothing else but to also curl herself up on her bed.

 

Kai let out a soft nod before yawning. She caught a glimpse of it and her lips curled up faintly before her hands reached up to turn off the lights.

 

“Good night too.”

 

She swears she heard him say but quickly dismissed the thought as she enters her room.

 

 

A week flew by and it became a daily routine for Kai to follow Jinae along whenever she had her shift. Every weekday mornings, she would leave him for school, letting him wander around her house freely. He was given the freedom to go anywhere he wants but Kai insists on staying at home until she returns. He wasn’t ready to face the outside world alone.

 

She’d then return home from school in the afternoon and Kai would tag along her to work. They would walk along the streets and that he had grown to memorize. He had remembered all the little details along the way to her work, all the stores, and restaurants that were located there.

 

Today she went home to find her flat empty. There was no sign of Kai and her body began to waver with anxiety. He was always home, always there waiting for her. But today, he was nowhere to be found. She opened the doors to her room in hope to find him but he wasn’t there. The flat was empty, too empty, and there was no sign of living except for her.

 

Ever since she met Kai and brought him to her home, she had grown to enjoy his presence. He was there when she’d rant about her school day or work. He would stay silent and listen to her, showing a sign of sympathy and concern. His presence had made her felt so much better because after all her life she’s been living, she had always been alone. Now that he wasn’t here, she sensed herself becoming lonely again.

 

She glanced at her clock at cursed at the time. She was almost late for work and if she would to stall some more then she’d definitely be late. She could not afford to get fired

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter