Chapter 5

Love is .......

 

Back to the present, at the sports school

Mina’s POV

 

              Mina goes to the school canteen to meet with Nayeon cause during her training session, she got the message from Nayeon asking her to meet at the canteen. Mina see Nayeon is sitting alone and she takes the opposite seat of Nayeon. Nayeon is just looking at Mina and seems like wondering.

Nayeon  :  Hey..Mina ..longtime no see ..is everything alright?

Mina  :  Yes Nayeon unnie ..everything is fine ..thanks to you.

Nayeon  :  no problem Mina, my help to you is not much *and she seems like curious something* ..and you want to say something tome Mina? Cause I think this is not your break time yet.

                   Mina is confused and check her phone message again. Just then, Jeongyeon come to their table with the tray full with the food and 3 soft drinks.

Jeongyeon  :   Hey Mina , this drink is for you and you can have the snacks as well, help yourself.

                    And Nayeon whispers to Jeong that “hey..did you tell her to meet us?” Jeong say no then “then how did  you buy the drink for her, do you know that she is coming?” and “No, I’m not, when I am about to order , I saw her that she is coming to our table ,that’s why” Nayeon feels something strange but she doesn’t want to investigate her friend anymore.

                    Mina also doesn’t tell Nayeon that she is afraid that Nayeon will be embarrassed if she knows she sent the message to the wrong person. She just let it be and talk about other stuffs. Meanwhile Jeong is just smiling like a happy kid and listening to whatever they are talking. After the break time, Mina says bye and goes back to her locker room to take something. But just in front of her locker room, she sees the cute penguin plush doll and a pink small paper. She picks up the penguin first and looks at it like a kid get her favourite toy. And she remembers something and her heart flutters that “is it sent from chae…?” and she opens the paper and reads quickly. Inside the pink paper,

“Hey Mina I found your twin on my way to school then I brought back her for you…take care of your twin..  (ps:    You are so cute when you are confused) ;-)  “         

                    Mina is disappointed that it is not Chae but at the same time she is curious who was that and how did that person find me resemble the penguin and she doesn’t want that to throw away even though she knows she should not keep.

 

After School

Nayeon’s POV                

               

                 After school, Jeongyeon says she wants to go to the Han Bridge for a while. Then they go to the Han Bridge by their skate & bicycle. They stop at the middle of the bridge, take a rest and feel the breeze. The fresh air makes Nayeon’s mind clear and takes the tiredness from the hard training. Then Nayeon takes a look at Jeong that she is wondering if Jeong also feel like the breeze makes her refresh also. Jeongyeon is just smiling and thinking about something.

Jeongyeon  :   do u remember Nayeon that when we were here last time I told you that I am curious about how long will it takes to fall down from here and into the river and does that person also feel like dead already inside or saying no more stress and depression for me , I wish there will be no more life for me thought on her/his way into the deep river.

                   Nayeon now knows what her friend is thinking and that time she also helped her to think about that. Jeongyeon  :   But this time I’m not curious about that anymore but I am curious on something right now and trying to make it happen.

                   Nayeon got worry and take a step closer to Jeong and ready to catch her because she thinks Jeong will do something stupid right now but next Jeongyeon says makes her lose control and her soul out.

Jeongyeon  :   Curious that my days will become brighter if Mina was my girlfriend. I think you will notice it too Nayeon . *looks at Nayeon back facing her and continues* I like Mina ..oh no no..*laughs a little bit herself* I love her .. I love her so much that I can give my life to her. Ha ha :D :D  I am just deeply falling in love.

                    Nayeon hides her face from Jeong by back facing her and trying to control herself not to let her sad tears fall down and she keeps it cool but she can hear her heart breaking sound very loud.

                   Jeongyeon not sensing anything and “Let’s go back Nayeon ya ..it’s getting dark . If I tell you how much I love Mina ..you and I will be sleeping here..haha:D that’s so cheesy and I feel embarrassed”  *grinning and covering her face with her hands*

                     Jeongyeon ..you don’t know everything babe ..you do not know.. sometimes I just want to tell you that I have been crying for you overnight, worry that you will do something stupid and mostly you will get hurt from others ..others who you love. But one thing I realise now is “we cannot force to make someone loves you..we can try our best but we cannot force ..me also…and Jeongyeon you also cannot force.”

 

Next day at school

 

                 Mina is practicing herself inside the room and just a few students are there because that is break time. And Jeong comes inside the practice room busy holding two skateboards with her both hands and watches Mina dancing. Mina just notices Jongyeon and comes to her.

Mina  :   Hello Sunbaenim…you visit to Nayeon? Nayeon is not in this class, she will be in class next door.

Jeongyeon   :   *just smiling and listening Mina* Your dance moves are very amazing Mina. I clap for you. Nayeon is sick and not coming to school today that’s why I’m here to be your guide to show around.

Mina  :   Ann ..Nayeon is sick? Aww ..poor her…but sunbae I have enough guides from Nayeon and I know a lot about the campus already..You don’t need to do that sunbae …btw thanks for your help Jeongyeon unnie.

                    Jeong just keeps smiling and amazes by Mina’s beauty. And Jeong shows her 2 skateboards she is holding and “how about we go around by riding skateboard, you need fresh air, we will go ride near the park.” Mina looks at the skateboard and not sure herself “hmm..I don’t know how to ride it and plus it’s too dangerous”

Jeongyeon  :  Come on..it’s not that bad and I can teach you..after all I’m the professional *shows the proud smile by her chins up* Mina just giggles and she say she will go cause she is interested into the skateboard and she needs a break from the hard training as well.

              They just keeping talking and walking to the street. Mina  “Sunbae ..don’t you also have the basketball training?”

Jeongyeon  :   Hmm..I just finished..it’s really difficult that I’m good at everything and I got a lot of free time. Don’t worry I am also good at teaching someone.*Jeongyeon feel good that Mina takes care  her training and even ask about it*

Jeong  :   Ok Mina …you keep your balance and don’t be rush. If you got speed and the skateboard runs faster smoothly, don’t be afraid and don’t jump ..you just go with the flow okay?? Jeong teaches Mina everything about riding the skateboard and they try ridding it. Jeongyeon holding Mina’s arms supporting her to keep balance. While Mina is so focusing to keep balance and being careful, Jeong is just staring and memorizing her face and amazes Mina’s dreamy eyes and moles closely. While Jeongyeon is staring, Mina can keep balance herself and got the speed so she unhands Jeong’s arms and try to ride herself. Jeong miss that moment already and the moment that her heart beat went faster, the moment  she saw the bright light that never seen before, and the moment that she feels the love. But when she see Mina riding away from her and enjoying herself freely like a kid, she remembers someone who she hasn’t seen for long time and trying her best to hate that person… “No…Mina is not her…Mina is way more beautiful than my mom….”

              Jeong takes out her camera and took a lot of photos that Mina’s riding skateboard and she says Mina that she just want her first trainee. Mina just laughs and let Jeongyeon takes her photos and she even poses like a model.

Mian   :   Thanks Jeongyeon unnie..I really had fun and let’s go next time when we both are free.

Jeongyeon  :   You are welcome Mina ..I am just glad that seeing you are happy and finally I see your real smile.

Mina   :   I do not even know myself that when the last time my smile was real. Thank you for taking care of me sunbae..but for now you should go and check Nayeon unnie , she needs your care as well.

Jeongyeon   :   She is okay Mina, she doesn’t need my care and she has her parents who will take care of her. When she is back to her house, there are her parents who will be asking how’s today? Is everything ok at school? Tell me when you need anything. She is lucky Mina, she can get everything and has her daddy and mommy that she can lean on. But she is not lucky that she has a friend like me. *Mina listens to her and feel strange about it but at the other side of her mind she wants to know more about Jeongyeon*

At Nayeon’s house

Nayeon’s POV

 

                “Are you feeling better Nayeon?” her father asks her while he is measuring her temperature and her mother is heating up the soup for her daughter.

Nayeon  :   yes dad, I am ..you should go to bed dad ..it’s getting late.

Nayeon’s father  :   it’s alright, I have to take care of my daughter , soon you will get your normal temperature , take the medicine and try to sleep okay? Nayeon nods her head and her father notices that her eyes are red as well , he senses something that he doesn’t want to know.

Nayeon’s father  :    is Jeong not coming to see you?

Nayeon  :   she texted and wished me get well soon, she got tired from training and she cannot come to see me. *Nayeon just down her head not to notice her dad that she tells a lie.

Nayeon’ father  :    is she taking her medicines regularly?? You know that she must have to take every single day without defecting right?

Nayeon   :   yes dad, she is taking it.

This time nayeon’s dad do not notice that Nayeon is talking a lie.

Nayeon’s father  :   and she will be normal person like us if she got full treatment after taking medicines. When that time comes, just let her go freely Nayeon . Don’t keep holding her hands. She got stress and mental disease for her whole life.  After everything done, let her find her love and live happily like normal person. That’s the best we can do and wish that she recovers soon…

                          After Nayeon’s father leaves from her room. She thinks about what she has done to Jeongyeon. She did not give any medicine that got from her father to Jeongyeon after her father told her that medicines will erase the memories of Jeong’s life and everyone of her life even Nayeon and after taking that medicine she will get other treatments and if treatments well done, she will start to live the normal life as a whole new person with blank memory. Nayeon cannot let that happens, she know she loves Jeongyeon and can give up everything for her but she doesn’t want that Jeong erases her and will become totally stranger to her.  That’s what she thought at first she heard from her father. But now she feels guilty that Jeongyeon will not get better. And she found herself being selfish but she cannot do anything right now. She does not dare to tell her father about it and now Jeongyeon loves Mina and trying to get her. She does not know what to do already.

Mid-Night at Nayeon’s house

                Nayeon hearing that someone is calling from her room window. So,she lazily opens her eyes and take a look at the window then she see Jeongyeon holding the plastic bag and she is tell her that to open the window. Then she gets up quickly, opens the window and let her in. They often have midnight talk and snack in Nayeon’s room. And Jeongyeon always comes to Nayeon’s room from the window not letting Nayeon’s parents know. Her parents are always welcome to Jeongyeon but Jeongyeon just love adventures and she says it’s fun to go inside like that.

Jeongyeon   :   hey..Nayeon.. you says you are craving for jelly so I bought it for you. Wait..you are sick right…nevermind just eat it and take medicine.

               Nayeon smiles and thinking that“I am living for this kind of moment that we are being stupid together and just have fun. Sometimes I think that I am also being psycho. And I can be a totally crazy person if I can stay with Jeongyeon forever.”

 

Mina’s POV

 

        “Today I had a lot of fun and learnt new thing that riding skateboard. And I found Jeongyeon sunbaenim is so cute that she is focusing on trying to teach me and worry that I will fall down. Oh no..what was I am thinking ..I have Chaeyoung who will take care of me, worry about me and cooks for me. I miss her . I am wondering that if she miss her too. She doesn’t even call me and tell particulars but I heard from somewhere that her mother is getting better , I bet Chaeyoung is being so happy and staying besiade her mother.” When she thinks about Chaeyoung, she is happy and also disappointed that not calling her. And Jeongyeon comes to her mind once again and this time she feel strange and curious about Jeong’s life. “Jeongyeon unnie is interesting. Does she have sad story about her life? Should I ask Nayeon unnie..?”

 

Next day at the practice room,

Mina    :   Hello Nayeon unnie, how are you?

Nayeon   :    Hey…I am fine now..thanks for asking Mina ..and what are you girls doing here?

Mina   :   Our trainer got meeting and she asked us to go and watch senior’s practice. that’s why we are here *Mina is waiting for the free time and trying to ask Nayeon what’s she is curious.*

Nayeon   :   Why do you want to know about her? Are you interested in her?

                Mina got surprised from Nayeon’s question and laughs “yup I’m interested in her in a curious way and not the way that you think and plus I got the pretty girlfriend who love me so much..I just want to know about her cause the way she talks is a little bit strange”

                 Nayeon just know that Mina has a girlfriend and wondering that does Jeongyeonnie even know about it ,and she thinks that she should tell her and stop what she is doing to Mina. Nayeon never tells anyone before about her friend but this time when she looks at Mian, she feels like hypnosis from Mina’s eyes and wants to tell her the story. Then Nayeon just tell her about Jeonyeon’s life except the mental disease and what strange things happened in their childhood. 

Nayeon  :   “……………..and after that Jeong’s father getting worse and worse that Jeong’s grandparents living in overseas came and went back with their son to give the treatments. They told Jeongyeon to go with them but little Jeongyeon did insist that she want to stay alone for a bit and study here. She said she want to refresh her mind by living alone. That time Jeongyeon was 16 years old and can depend on herself. Then they allows her to stay and they told my parents to look after her and send everything that she needs. That’s why my family is very close to her. So, that’s it.

              Mina is taken away by Jeong’s story for a moment. ”it was just like a movie …a very sad love story” Mina commented. “I feel pity for Jeong’s father and her too but I will be scared of Jeong’s father obsessed love.” Nayeon is just self-questioning on her mind that “Am I being crazy that I crave that kind of love from Jeongyeon?”.