Ha Ni's Pain

The Baby's Here

 

 

 

 

 

Seung Jo rushed to Ha Ni's side. "Ha Ni, I'm here. I'm here. Don't panic. Just relax, okay? I'm going to take you to the hospital. Use the breathing exercises to ease the pain. Do you still remember them?"

 

Ha Ni nodded. Her face was pale. Her hands are cold. The pain was visible from her expressions.

 

Mother rushed to Ha Ni after hearing her scream.

 

"Ha Ni! Ha Ni dear what's wrong? What hap- OH MY GOD!"

 

Great, Seung Jo thought. Now he had two women to calm down. "Mother this is not the time to panic. Please assist Oh Ha Ni. I'll get the packed suitcase and we'll go to the hospital right now. I'll drive."

 

Surprisingly, Mother was composed although she was quite nervous. "Yah Baek Seung Jo, I gave birth two times. I know what to do. I'll get the suitcase and I'll drive. Stay at your wife's side."

 

"Mother I will drive and-"

 

"Seung Jo, be at her side. She needs you."

 

This made sense to Seung Jo. Ha Ni really needed him to stay at his side. He carried Ha Ni carefully downstairs. Ha Ni was holding Seung Jo tightly because of the pain. Mother came down fast with Ha Ni's suitcase and the car keys. Seung Jo and Ha Ni sat at the back of the car while Mother took over the wheel.

 

Mother was driving fast. Seung Jo was a bit nervous about this but his attention quickly turned to Ha Ni. She was holding his hand tightly. His one arm wrapped around her shoulder and he made her lean to him. Every once in a while Ha Ni would let out a sharp cry of pain. Seung Jo would hold her tightly.

 

"Seung Jo, it really hurts a lot," Ha Ni said crying.

 

Seung Jo held Ha Ni's head. "My little Noah's snail... I know but please endure it for a while. I'll be with you in the delivery room while you are giving birth." With this, Ha Ni showed a weak smile. Seung Jo hated seeing her suffer and cry but this is one thing she needed to overcome.

 

At the hospital, Ha Ni was rushed to the delivery room at once. She was losing blood fast. Seung Jo changed to his medical outfit and went straight to the delivery room. He saw Mother waiting nervously outside the room.

 

"Seung Jo, I'll leave for a while to fetch Eun Jo and Ha Ni's father. I have already called your father and he's on his way here," Mother said.

 

"Yes Mother. Everything will be happening smoothly. The doctor in charge of the delivery is a friend of mine," Seung Jo replied.

 

"I hope nothing bad happens," Mother said. "Seung Jo, never let something go wrong with Ha Ni and the baby. Your baby." Then she left.

 

Seung Jo nodded. He entered the delivery room. Yes, it's my baby, he thought. I won't let anything happen to my baby... And my Ha Ni.

 

 

***************************************************************