Prologue

Stars In Your Eyes

The soft melody of orchestra instruments hits his ears tenderly. He closed his eyes as he tried to understand the emotion of the certain song those people plays. Hearing the subtle piano, the sweet violin, the brave trumpets and dazzling cello of the breathtaking modern orchestra kind of moved his soul. He’s always been the kind of person who took beauty to inspire him. And he thought that this composition was wonderful.

 

He whispered to his loyal companion seated beside him. “I would like to have a pianist play his instrument to me every day.”

 

His loyal companion silently smiled and answered honestly. “You would pay a great price for it.”

 

“I don’t mind.”

 

The latter smiled and clapped as the music has ended. He could almost feel the emotion of the lifeless person whom he accompanied for many years. The tingling emotion of joy as he whispered and longs for a pianist. It’s not long until he grabbed his phone and texted the man he knew.

 

“Come. We shall go home,” he reminded his companion.

 

His companion slipped his phone on his pocket and nods.

 

 

 

— — — — — — 

 

 

 

“Jeon. You’re home.”

 

Wonwoo tried to take his soul back from the dreamland to his figure and yawned a little bit. He walked out of the car slowly and straight to his bedroom.

 

“Soonyoung-ssi, thank you for accompanying me,” Wonwoo stopped and thanked his companion.

 

“You always said that. Your welcome,” Soonyoung chuckled. He let Wonwoo come to his room to sleep.

 

Soonyoung is Wonwoo’s assistant for many years. He has been there for Wonwoo since the start of his research on mathematics and chemistry. Soonyoung basically acts as a manager too. He take a good care of the genius and occasionally help him with his research. If Soonyoung weren’t there, Wonwoo probably can’t even take a good care of himself. Wonwoo always skipped meals. He doesn’t like eating. It only slowed his work.

 

Soonyoung basically lived in Wonwoo’s house too. It’s a humble home. There’s only two rooms, one is used for Soonyoung’s room and the other is Wonwoo’s lair. There’s a piano in the living room. When Soonyoung asked if Wonwoo could play the piano, he only answered the piano’s function was just a filling for an empty wall. 

 

Soonyoung goes to his room and tried to contact the person he texted earlier. Thankfully, he already answered. Soonyoung smiled as he read the reply and put his phone down for a good night sleep.

 

The next morning, as usual, Soonyoung wakes up first. He turned his alarm off and without no further delay, he walks to the kitchen to cook some breakfast. It’s just a simple toast and milk that Wonwoo always loved. Soonyoung prepared those two in no time. He walks to Wonwoo’s room to wake him up.

 

Wonwoo’s room is full of papers. They’re basically everywhere. Wonwoo stick his research papers on his walls and have strings connecting them to one another. Making him feel easier to think. It’s messy, but it’s a good kind of messy.

 

“Won. Breakfast,” Soonyoung said. He pats Wonwoo’s arm to wake him up. It always works.

 

A groan could be heard from Wonwoo. Soonyoung chuckled and leave him to gather his souls from whatever dream he had.

 

Wonwoo doesn’t waste any time to get out from his room. He doesn’t like wasting time doing useless activities such as waking up in the morning.

 

“Oh, Won, by the way. I’ve contacted my dear friend. You said you wanted a pianist?” Soonyoung reminded the genius.

 

Wonwoo only nods as his mouth was full of food. 

 

“He’s not going to work full-time. He’s still a piano teacher at an academy. You still want him to work for you?” Soonyoung stated the requirement.

 

“Yeah, sure. Let’s try for two weeks. Does the pianist have a name?”

 

“Kim Mingyu. Oh, and he’s a year younger than us.”

 

What a friendly name.

 


a/n; hii this is very experimental for me since i never write a chaptered ff before. i hope you enjoyed it and have a good day!