Chapter 7

Finding Jiyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She had just finished cleaning off all the stage makeup from her face when her phone rang beside her. She smiled seeing the name flashing on the display. “Hello. Kamusta na, Direk?” The smile widened on her face as a deep chuckle was heard over the speaker. A bearded guy with wavy hair gathered into a messy ponytail was grinning at her across the screen.

“Who is the Director you’re looking for? I’m just the poor guy who is currently a slave to two little boys who have been screaming for the past thirty minutes to talk to their Ninang.” Then as if on cue she heard the yells in the background. Two little boys in pajamas ran yelling and shoved at their dad to bring their faces to the screen.

“Ninang! Ninang! We miss you po!” The older boy was waving at her.

“I miss you din, Jace and Kody.” She answered back a grin splitting her face.

“I wab you, Nangnang!” Kody not to be outdone by his older brother also yelled at the screen holding out a Korean heart at her.

She laughed at the little boy. “You’re so cute talaga sobra. Love you, too.” She answered with a Korean heart of her own. “You still remembered what I taught you.” They had met a little over a year before and she had taught the boy to do the finger heart gesture.

“It’s already late here but they didn’t want to go to sleep without seeing you. I know you’re busy with the play. Congratulations by the way. I’ve read nothing but good reviews.” Joross gave her two thumbs up. 

“Salamat but I’m still nervous every time before the show starts.” She told her friend.

“From the video clips I’ve seen it doesn’t show one bit. So it only means you’re doing good. I can’t stay long I have to put these monsters to sleep and I know you need to pack up, too. Keep up the good work, Ninang.” Joross then turned back to his two boys, “Okay boys, say goodnight to Ninang.”

“Goodnight, Ninang.” Jace waved at her again and sent her a flying kiss.

“Night, Nangnang.” Kody also echoed after his brother then stuck his thumb back inside his mouth.

Dara blew them a kiss before the screen turned dark. She smiled and continued on packing her toiletries. Someone then knocked on the door. She got up to open it and she was greeted by a big bouquet of flowers. “Congratulations!” Three familiar voices were heard in unison over the flowers.

“Omo! Omo! Omo!” She jumped and squealed in excitement. She’d recognized those voices anywhere. Her girls came. They said they weren’t sure if they can make it. She hugged the flowers to the side so the three human be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter