Chapter 1

Finding Jiyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara’s mom shook her awake when they got to their apartment building. She sat up confused. “Where’s Jiyong?” 

Her mom gave her a funny look. “Do you have a classmate named Jiyong? That’s a Korean name. The principal told me they don’t have other Koreans enrolled in their school.”

She furrowed her brows in confusion. “He’s not a classmate, Ma. He’s a friend I met in the park.” She yawned and sleepily got off the car.

“We didn’t pass by any park, Dara. You must be dreaming. Come on you need to freshen up then rest. Tomorrow’s a school day and it’s almost midnight and its way past your bedtime.” Her mom gently ushered her inside their new home.

She was too tired to argue. She was sure she met Jiyong and she was in a park. Her brain was too tired to make sense of anything so she just wearily walked towards the bathroom to wash up. After donning her favourite worn pyjamas she crawled into bed. She was out as soon as her head hit her bed.

The next thing she knew she was once again sitting in the park. She looked around and Jiyong was now writing something on the other side of the bench.

“Are you a real person?” She asked Jiyong who was too engrossed in his writing to give her any attention other than to nod briefly at her.

He looked up and said, “I’m just as real as you.” He then went back to whatever he was doing.
She moved closer to look. “Why are you writing your name there?” 

“To remind myself that I was her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter