Chapter 20 - Fool

House Made Of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter TWENTY  [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Fool

 

‘I am alive’ was repeating in my mind, I touched my head with my hand, there were serums on it, I looked at my arm, I am so thin now, the light’s brightness blinded me, it was hard for me to open my eyes but in the end I was able to look around. Old room, old furniture, and paints on the wall.

‘where am I?’ I wanted to get up but I was so weak and tired, the sound of the heart monitor was annoying me, not as much as the guy singing in the kitchen… I sat, my feet touched the cold floor not forgetting to mention the pain in my waist and in my whole body. Then he came in, an old man, in his late 60s wearing a white undershirt and black shorts and flip flop, he was bald and not that thin.

“Who are you and what do you want from me?” I asked, even speaking is making me tired

He walked to me, I got nervous but he was just adjusting the pillow behind my back so I can sit back, after checking on my heart and blood pressure he grabbed a chair and sat beside me.

 

“I’VE BEEN IN A COMA FOR ALMOST 8 MONTHS?” I almost yelled at the old man, but he laughed and nodded after he told me the whole story.

“I saw how that guy threw you in the river and you floated in it, so I swam and brought you here, but you are still weak, you need to eat and take your medicines to be able to live normally again”

I got up, weakly I walked to the window, his house is near the river and I can see the hill taeyang throw me from.

I didn’t know that walking now is exhausting for me, I sat on the bed as the old man, his name is jaeun, he brought me food, I felt weird while eating, I wanted to throw up but I managed to prevent myself. More than 7 months passed while I am on a bed. I wondered where mina is and what she is doing, I guess momo already gave birth now. I wanted to talk to them, especially jeongyeon, I miss that !

“Can I use your phone?”  I asked the guy

“I don’t have” he said in a low voice

I sighed and doze off “You have to rest and sleep my son” he said and covered me, i can't deny he looked so sweet and kind, I nodded … as slowly I fell asleep.

 

 

Third person’s POV

Jeongyeon was sitting next to daeun’s bed she is 5 days old now, she was sleeping, same as momo who was still tired after giving birth. Dahyun came and stood next to him

“She is so cute! She has momo’s skin color, your hair color and your nose!” she said excitedly

“really? I can’t see all of these” he said in a low voice, staring at daeun’s angelic sleeping face he shook his head, trying to push away the bad thoughts in his mind… of daeun not being his biological daughter.

He changed into his comfortable pajama and lied next to her, he stared at her back, the bullet scar is still on her left shoulder… he yelped and kissed is slowly before turning his back to her, staring at daeun, he fell asleep.

 

 

Morning, he woke up by the sound of daeun crying, he rubbed his eyes and looked at momo who was struggling to make her sleep, she looked tired and sleepy, slowly he got up and took daeun from her

“Sleep” he said kissing momo's forehead, daeun stopped crying, he stood next to the window, her head was in the crook of his neck, he was swaying left and right, he looked at her and she was in a deep sweet dream, carefully he lied her on her crib, patting her stomach, soothing her… he didn’t know that momo was staring at him the whole time, he smiled lying beside her while she buried her face in his chest

“Saranghae” she whispered, he smiled and held her tightly, but he couldn’t stop thinking about what jiyong said, why would he say something like that? He closed his eyes praying that daeun is his daughter.

 

 

Morning

Jeongyeon was sitting behind his desk when Jaeguk came holding an envelope, he humbly handed it.

“What is this?” jeongyeon asked, as soon he read jiyong on it back his blood started to boil, he told Jaeguk to leave, the latter left with a smirk on his face as he knew what inside the envelope.

He open It and found amount of money and a letter

‘This is a small gift for daeun, from me jiyong, and oh… there are some pictures you might like… or not’

He took the money and put them away, he saw the pictures… with teary eyes he looked at them, trying not to believe, but no everything is true… jiyong and momo in a restaurant, park, in her shop and she was smiling in those pictures. He put them in the drawer and frowned.

He got up angrily, Jaeguk smirked while watching him like this… he went to his mansion, daeun was sleeping while momo was with iseul, he took a curl of her hair and his and put them in a small wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter