Cheer Up, Baby!

Heart and Seoul (A Twice Fanfic)

As we fell, I reach around with my left hand and I pull her closer to my chest to protect her. I land on my against the tiled floor of the station's waiting area.

*THUD*

Luckily, my right hand landed squarely, getting enough support and balance, to prevent us from sprawling on the floor due to our weight.

My phone slips out of my pants' left pocket and strikes the chessboard colored tiles of the floor.

*crack*

Great.

Her head is on my chest as I look down on her while my left eye twitches.

She's in a low kneeling position, with my left leg in between hers. 

She looks up.

I stare into her eyes and she gazes back at mine as she inhales.

Her cheeks turn bright red. She lets out a shocked yelp, and I move my left hand away from her back as she attempts to stand. The other members of Twice and everyone else move in to help us up, and Richard assists me from behind.

"Are you okay, Jay?" he says as he prods me up.

"I'm fine," I reply as I massage the area around my left eye, "A bit disoriented, but I'm good."

I look at her again as she stands about a meter away from me.

She has waist-length hair, black at the roots but pinkish-red up to the tips.

She fixes her purple pleated skirt, as she takes a step forward and bows.

"G-gomenasai" she gasps then corrects herself, "Mianhamnida, oppa"

Gomenasai? Isn't that Japanese?

Wait. She must be one of the non-Korean members of Twice.

"Aaaa! Daijoubu!" I reply in informal Japanese (that I learned from watching anime) as I smile and wave my left hand up and down. Then I say two out of the (probably) seventy Korean words that (I think) I know, "Mianhe hajima"

She gazes into my eyes and then smiles.

Wow. 

Those eyes. 

That smile.

She's beautiful. 

Normally, I'm not really one for clichés, but if there were such a thing as "love at first sight", this would be it.

Well, maybe not love. 

Hmm... let's call it, "ridiculous-level-of-attraction at first sight". 

Yes. That's it.

I slowly open my mouth to speak as my left eye throbs, "Your name?" I ask her.

She tilts her head to the left and points a finger to herself.

"Name?" she replies, "Ah! Jeoneun Sana imnida!" She bows, then flashes me another cute smile.

My heart starts beating faster as I gaze into her deep, dark brown eyes.

She stares back.

I feel time slow down, like I was... hypnotized.

I feel my body grow lighter and lighter, as everything around us moves sluggishly.

I feel like I'm being into a black hole.

I feel... alive.

Okay, maybe not alive per se, but... alive-r? 

Does that make sense?

Then as if reading my mind, Richard breaks my trance as he taps my shoulder. He turns to our guests and says something in Korean that I didn't catch, and the rest of the members laughed.

"Why are they laughing?" I ask.

Richard sighs and smirks, "You know, you really need to learn Korean."

"Hey man, I try! It's because both of my jobs..."

"Blah, blah, blah, I know, I know." He cuts me off then turns towards the woman bringing the blue notepad.

He says something in Korean, and she replies in Korean (of course).

Damn. It sounds like jibberish to me.

Richard says something with a sense of urgency in his voice, the woman scratches her head for a bit, then replies again.

Then the conversation goes on like this for a few times.

I pay no mind to the two of them as I turn to Sana.

She's covering her nose while talking to Momo. Her face still has this pinkish red glow. 

Did she hit her nose that hard? I hope she's okay.

Sigh. I look at the rest of the girls.

Dahyun is speaking to three other members. 

Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon are talking to each other.

The woman motions for Mina to join the conversation with Richard. She asks Mina something while pointing at me.

.

They're talking about me?  . Okay, I need to pretend that I didn't see them.

My first instinct is to look down.

So I did.

Then I see my  phone on the floor. The screen is facing down.

Right. I forgot that it fell.

I stoop down, then I see miniscule bits of glass near it.

I pick it up and I see a crack run from the earpiece to the bottom part near the home button.

 "Sigh. Great." I mumble under my breath.

I turn the screen on but the display is all distorted. I try to swipe, but it's non-responsive.

My phone is officially broken. 

"Aaaa... Jay-oppa?" I look up and it's Sana. Standing beside her is Momo. She looks down at my phone and exclaims, "AAAAA!" followed by a flurry of Korean words. 

"Mianhamnida, oppa" and she bows deeply.

"Hey, hey... you don't have to apologize! You didn't do it on purpose!" I say as I touch her shoulders then prod her up, "Alright?"

"Al...right?", she replies then stares at me silently.

Momo asks Sana something in Korean, and Sana replies.

Momo jokingly hits Sana's left arm as she laughs and exclaims, "Eojjeorago! Hahahaha!"

Sana looks at me apologetically, as Richard tells her something in Korean which I assume means, everything's okay.

Richard then looks at me and says, "Jay, we have a problem" 

"What's up, boss?" 

"It seems none of the members of Twice are confident enough in speaking English, and YOU don't speak Korean."

I frown as I look him in the eye, "How is that my fault?"

"I'm not saying it's your bloody fault, boy. I'm trying to tell you to get ready. They'll get a translator." he sighs as he puts his hands in his pocket.

"Wellllll," I breathe in deep, then point at him, "What about you?" 

"That's what I suggested at first." he sighs again then clicks his tongue, "But they're being careful. They don't want any mistranslations of the questions and answers. I understand where they're going with that."

He breathes in deep, looks at the woman talking to someone on her phone, then back to me, "It seems she's having a hard time."

The woman, constantly bows her head. Which may be weird to look at, but it's pretty normal out here. Kinda like how we would play with the wires on our telephones. 

Then she puts down her phone and walks toward us.

She talks to Richard in Korean (duh) then he replies.

Richard has this shocked expression on his face but he's trying (failing really) to hide it.

Then after they talked, he faces me and says, "He's coming up."

"Who? Who's coming up?"

He pulls me aside. "Their boss."

"Their boss?", I ask.

"Yeah...Mr. JYP himself."