I'm Like TT

Heart and Seoul (A Twice Fanfic)

"Twice? As in, 'I'm like TT~ Just like TT~Twice?" I ask him as I do the "TT" hand motions.

"Yes, Jay. As in, 'nominated as #1 a week after their debutTwice. As in, 'the finalists of  Mnet's SIXTEENTwice. As in, JYP Entertainment's Twice." He inhales sharply, "Is there a problem?"

"No, no problem at all, boss." I said, "What time are they gonna be here, though?"

"12:50. Maybe earlier. You know, so that you can familiarize yourself with them and they can familiarize themselves with you. That's why I'm glad you came early today!" he winks and proceeds to open the door to his office.

I check the time again.

12:27 PM

He grabs the doorknob and stops halfway, "Are you a fan?"

"Me? Honestly, I'm more of a YG Family guy. 'Naega jeil jal naga', "Bang Bang Bang', 'Yah yah yah Boombayah' and all that. But Twice is good too. Just not my cup of tea."

I mean, it's true though. I'm okay with Twice. Twice is cute. But 2NE1 and BLACKPINK are my #queens. Though 2NE1 disbanded and I cried... I'll tell you that story, but not today.

"Not your cup of tea, eh?" He says as he walks through his now opened door, "We'll see about that." 

We'll see about that, he says. Psh.

Then again, I really should've listened.

Because nothing could've prepared me for what happened next.

**********************************************************************

I'm sitting inside the broadcast studio when I hear a knock on my door.

The knob turns and the door swings open.

Hansol,  Richard's assistant (in her black sweater and white skinny jeans),  walks in.

"They are in the Lobby" she says, "I told security to them up."

"Oh. Okay." I reply and then I check my watch for the time.

12:45 PM

Wow. Koreans really don't with the time.

I stand up and check myself in the mirror.

I take off my pea coat and place it on my chair's backrest.

I spray some Bvlgari Man perfume (that I got from Itaewon) on me.

I fix my white layered shirt (Part of G-Dragon's Pick for 8SECONDS... What? I got it on sale.) and tighten my black scarf.

Lastly, I clear my throat.

*ahem*

"How do I look?" I say as I face Hansol.

She looks at me from head to toe, "You are fine, Jay-ssi." She steps aside and motions her arm towards the door of the studio, "They will be here any second."

"Right... okay."

I exit the booth, and I see Richard motioning for me to walk with him. 

"You're looking bloody well. Is there anyone that you're trying to impress?" he awkwardly winks and lifts his two index fingers up, "Anyone from Twice? Eh? EEEHHHH?" and he pokes me with his left index finger. 

Talk about awkward.

He stops walking, "Now be a good boy and stay here. I'll meet them by the elevator." he winks again then goes out of the station and turns right to where the elevators are.

I stand near the automatic sliding doors of the station's main entrance and check the time.

12:48 PM

Great.

I pace around the station's waiting area while trying to remember what I know about Twice.

JYPSixteen. Uhh.... sha sha sha. They're not all Korean. Then there was that issue with one of the members and her nationality being Taiwanese or Chinese (which is something I can't talk about on air). Her name was spelled Tzuyu, I think? How do you write that in Hangul? I need to find and re-read that English news article again.

Hmm... What else?

They have... 7 members.

...Or was it 8?

it. I'll just count when I see them.

I know some of their songs, of course.

Ooh-Ahh. TT. Cheer Up. Umm.... Navillera?

I'm pretty sure about the first three, but the last one...

"Welcome to the station!" says Richard.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice that the automatic door already opened.

Of course, Richard and our dear guests were already standing right in front of me.

12:50 PM

....

**********************************************************************

"Uhh... hi!" I say.

Then I hear giggles from the girls (whom I assume are the members of Twice).

Good job, Jay. Now, you look like an idiot.

You have approximately 2 seconds to compose yourself.

"Uhh... Je ireumeun Jay imnida. Cheoeum boepgesseumnida." then I bow a little.

That's a good start. Very, very good.

I hear a mix of oohs and ahhs from Twice. Then a woman around her late 20s (I guess she's one of their road managers? Since she's carrying a blue notepad and all that) says something in Korean. 

Immediately, one of the girls walks towards me. She has long light brown hair with bangs that reach her striking eyes, and is wearing a loose white v-neck crop top with a pink "Twice" embroidered in the middle. She s her right hand forward as she offers a handshake, I grasp her hand and I smile as she introduces herself,"Annyeonghaseyo, Jihyo imnida! Jeoneun Twice-eui leader imnida"

She looks like the Korean version of an old friend of mine back in the Philippines. Jean was her name. I wonder how she's doing.

Anyway, back to Korea.

I softly let go of her hand as the next member approaches.

She bows down and smiles, then we shake hands as she speaks, "Jeoneun Jeongyeon imnida!"

She definitely caught my eye. Not because of the ash gray-ish color of her crowning glory, but because she has short hair. Not just shoulder-length short, but like boyish cut with two small buns at the top and wow. She's rockin' it. K-Pop stars usually don't sport the boyish cut (except Amber of f(x)) but damn girl, I'm shookt

As I admire how she looks, the rest of the members move closer.

Then one of the members moves toward me, and I notice the large purple velvet heart on her top and the large heart earring that's dangling on her right ear. And one more thing, she also has a boyish cut. Wow. These girls are slaying with the boyish cuts. Damn.

How cute. 

She bows her head a bit and says, "Annyeong, Jay-oppa. Je ireumeun Chaeyoung imnida."

Wait. Did she just call me "oppa"?  Whew. That's... something I don't hear often. Back in the school, my students call me sunsaengnim which means, "Teacher". I know it might sound weird to some of you when students call you "teacher" instead of Mr./Ms..., but I guess it's like calling your mom or dad. You don't call them by their names, am I right?

Moving on.

Another member approaches me, and she walks as graceful as a swan. She reaches out her hand for a handshake, I oblige and I take note of her two rings. A red heart ring on her index finger and a black club ring on her ring finger. "Annyeonghaseyo Jay-ssiNayeon imnida!"

"ssi?" Sometimes I forget how many honorifics Koreans tend to use. I still get confused to be honest.

Next up is a girl with bright red hair tied into twintails (like pigtails, but longer)... and wow. 

That smile. That beaming smile. Those bright red lips and those white teeth.

Oh my Lord... that smile is perfect. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jeoneun Dahyun imnidaaaaa."

Okay.... so I gotta admit, that prolonged final syllable was sooooo adorable. Again, I'm shookt.

She steps aside as the next one approaches.

"Annyeong. Jeoneun Mina imnida." she says as she bows her head softly with her hands clasped together. This beauty's wearing a navy blue and white bomber jacket with a pink embroidered "Twice" on the left side, and paired with a knee-length navy blue A-line skirt. She's sporting a brown shoulder-length hairstyle to boot. So, it's still a wow for me. After the introduction, she slowly steps to her right and joins the first five members of Twice.

Then another member approaches.

"Annyeonghaseyo, jeoneun Chewy-yeyo" says a stunning girl wearing a black and white striped sweater under a black corset-like top and wait...

...Wait a sec...Did...did she just say her name was...Chewy?

For the first time since they started introducing one by one, I opened my mouth to speak.

"Uhh... Chewy?" I ask as I tilt my head to the right.

"Ne, Chewy imnida. Daeman aeseo." She bows a bit, smiles immaculately, then joins the other members.

Daeman?  She's from Daeman?

Where the heck is that?

Is that the birthplace of Ultraman?

I glance at Richard with a confused look on my face.

Then, as if reading my mind, he looks at me and mouths: "TAIWAN"

Ohhh... Daeman = Taiwan!

Got it. 

Waaaaait. So if Chewy is from Taiwan... That makes her Tzuyu then!

So.... it's pronounced Chewy?

WHAT.

I'm... genuinely confused.

But I'll save the questions for later.

The second to the last member approaches.

How many was that now?

7 of them are done, and there's 2 left...

Ah. So there are 9 of them.

Well, the more you know.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Momo imnida!"  She says as she shakes my right hand with both of her hands. Anyway, she has the same hairstyle as their leader, and she looks great too. She's wearing a long sleeved crop top that's colored with two different shades of blue. Lighter shade for the middle part and a darker shade for the sleeves. Her outfit compliments her figure.

Who's their stylist? Because damnif I were a girl, I'd hire this stylist too because he/she knows what he/she's doing.

I look down to check the time as the last member walks forward.

I barely notice how close she is as she stops right in front of me.

She bows.

She hits my left eye and the pain shoots to the back of my head.

"Ow!" I exclaim as I'm caught off guard.

I take a step back and struggle to regain my balance while I cover my eye with my left hand.

The people in the room collectively gasp, as the last member covers in shock.

She walks towards me and tries to assist, but she trips.

Time seemed to slow down as she hit hehead on my chest.

Whatever remaining balance I had left was gone as I fall backwards due to the sudden weight of the impact.

As I fall backwards to the floor, she falls forward to me.

*THUD*

*crack*