Chapter-1

Space and Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Space and Time | Chapter 1 "Hi, Taehyung. It's me..."

 

 

Note: You won't find any taekook moments in this part. I'll add it in chapter 3 or maybe at the end of ch. 2.
So be patient please :) I just want to tell the story properly so it would make sense in the end.

 

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

The street of the Seoul city was slightly crowded with traffics, the lights from some buildings flashed elegantly beating the darkness of the night.

It was 10 o'clock.

A 16-year-old boy was on his way, shambled off through the footpath. A dark brown hoodie that was paired with black jeans covered his thin body regardless the night breeze that blew against the surface of his face. Five hours of working rendered his body had enough of exhaustion.

Few meters in front of him there was a crossroads where at the corner of it was a 24 hours vintage coffee shop. He made his way walking straight with face down. No one knew what he was thinking. Eyeballs moved in random directions, deep in thought.

Actually, he was still mesmerized by the book he was holding.

It was about Ciphers.

As soon as arrived at the crossroads he made his way to the left before he spotted a small white house which was his. It has one light street near the fence and one lamp on the ceiling of the porch.

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

As usually, something wet greeted his hand after he lazily opened the door. Small jumps it made, maybe too excited to see its owner. The boy squatted then his pet's soft hair. "You missed me hm?"

The dog answered but surely he didn't understand. He hugged the dog instead and brought her up.

No one there except the two. His mother was in Daegu and only visited him once in a month. Even though just once in a month, sometimes she stayed for one week but sometimes only for a few days. Being such a grown-up boy he was that it didn't even bother him. During those days he was mostly spending time at home. His father had passed away from an airplane accident two years ago. That was why he took a job at such a young age. Thank God, his uncle was the owner of a bookstore where he had been working at until now. And yes, he was the only son.

After prepared Soonshim's late dinner and milk, he went to upstairs to take a quick shower then curled up in his thick blanket, ready to sleep.

He loved sleeping. Besides it could reduce his stress, it was also the only way for him to be able to visit another world than Earth. Dream was amazing, he thought.

He almost dozed off when the sudden sound of the glass window made him flinched. Someone threw a small stone onto it since that was how the sound sounded like.

Eyes widened as he sat up immediately. The room was dim. Only the illuminating of the very weak light came through the window. However, it wasn't enough to support his vision. Creeps were taking over the atmosphere. Not to mention that his house was at the dead end. He had neighbors but surely all of them had been sleeping. Since didn't want to take any risk that he chose to only continue to sleep.

And his eyes were shut opened, yet heart was pounding harshly when the previous thing happened again. He froze.

Instead of didn't do something and before someone would murder him, he got up really slowly in attempt to take a look at something outside the window as he grabbed his smartphone then texting his friend. I hope he isn't sleeping. At least he told someone about his last day on Earth.

You
Jimin help me
I'm so scared
creepy
Sent: 10:46 PM 
Read

He nervously pulled slightly the curtain, taking a peek at the window. His eyes were squinted in order to be able to see clearly whatever or whoever it was in his front yard. A sharp gasp he made when his eyes landed on a guy with a black hat that purposely covered a half part of his face. The guy immediately walked away when their eyes met. The guy could see the boy's eyes but not vice versa.

He took a step back, shocked.

Who is he?

He then walked out of his room in a rush to make sure all the doors and windows were locked. Soonshim was sleeping peacefully on its own bed when he passed the living room. What a pity of him. He turned out forgetting about his front door that it wasn't locked. He locked the door then walk back to his room.

He inhaled and exhaled heavily after he laid down onto the bed with the mind that was starting wild, trying to figure out what was happening to him. He didn't remember ever owed from someone, bullying his friend at school, nor stealing somebody's money or property.

He took his phone and there he got 3 new messages.

Park Chim
Huh? 
Sent: 10:47

Park Chim
Oi, are u there?
Sent: 10:47 PM

Unknown
Check your mailbox
Sent: 10:53 PM

 

The message he got from the unknown made his eyes widened. He decided to only reply his friend's message.

 

You
Nothing 
Sent: 11:00 PM
Read

Park Chim
go to hell
Sent: 11:00 PM

You
all my hell's only for u
Sent: 11:01 PM
Read

 

He put his smartphone as his curiosity increased. Although the room was dark, he brought his head looking up at the ceiling blankly. Who was he? His brain wasn't able to think properly, none of them made sense to him. His life was going well this far and he wanted to keep it up just like that.

About the mailbox, his brows furrowed. The mailbox was too old since it had long been unused surely because now was already a modern era. No one needed a mailbox. Internet did exist.

He felt very eager to walk out of the house and took whatever it was in the mailbox, but it was almost midnight, too risky.

The boy closed his eyes instead, trying to sleep.

While elsewhere, outside his house. The guy was still there, looking at the window.

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

When the morning came up. The Sun was starting to show up since no-one-knew-how-long it had been hide behind the horizon. The chirping sounds of the birds that could be said as a song was the first thing that evocated his eardrums.

Eyes slowly opened as his body took time to regulate his consciousness that he didn't move for few seconds. He was trying to remember his dream but failed. The dream wasn't clear at that time. It might be because he was sleeping too well.

The soft sheet and the warm blanket were spoiling his petite body fondly, utterly not interested in moving on before his phone sounded as the sign of a new notification. By that, he outstretched his hands, trying to for her phone until he ended up finding it tucked under the pillow. After he swept the screen to unlock it, his eyes were squinting to adjust his pupils from the screen's light.

Unknown
Good morning~
sent: 09.01 AM

High curiosity took control of him that he decided to reply the text and also not to mention, himself that starting to feel upset over that person.

You
Who's this?
Sent: 09.02 AM
Read

That's it. No more conversation after that. The unknown didn't reply, only leave the boy clueless.

Thereafter, something clicked his mind. The mailbox. Either how could he plainly forget about it? Not wanting to waste more time that he immediately sat up from the bed, setting his soles of feet on the cold marble floor then scurrying towards the front door. Soonshim that unexpectedly had woken up, excitedly running after its owner. He wore his slippers then walked out of his house, still in pajamas.

The breeze of summer morning greeted his skin.

His vision reached out the Ginkgo trees that were lined up beautifully through the footpath. Their dark green leaves dramatically fell over onto the ground only to adorn the atmosphere in the morning.

The old red mailbox brought back his sense. It was already slightly rusty.

He shoved his hand into it before pulling it out, revealing a white envelope in his hold. There was a written on it. 

 

"April516 - TXOBCENE"

 

Who on earth would write in Gibberish like this?

April 5, 2016—I guess? What day is that? Arbor Day?

Maybe this letter is made to warn about the climate change, therefore, the guy sent me this so I will plant some trees... Because the ice at the North Pole is melted and the Arctic Animals will possibly die soon?

 

The morning just started but the letter was a first problem for him. His mind was slightly in chaos but wasn't it his fault? He was the owner of his mind, he was the one and the only one to determine whatever should be going on.

"Hey, Taehyung!" That voice was too familiar to him, chirping every morning and afternoon. Sounded mellifluous in the morning but strangle in the afternoon. How is it not? Every morning the person gave him an apple pie, it might because she felt compassionate over the boy who was living alone and far from family. But in the afternoon, get ready for the lectures and grouses. The reason was that Taehyung couldn't take control of Soonshim that always robbed her belonging from the clothesline. Especially her favorite red house dress that she said she bought in Paris. They said dogs couldn't see colors. Maybe there was a hidden story between Soonshim and the red house dress. He had no idea.

Taehyung's head spontaneously turned towards the owner of the voice. There, near the fence that bordered his yard house and neighbor's, a lady was standing, looked like a ghost, Taehyung thought. But he wasn't shocked. Not at all. A white face-mask was all over her face, leaving the eyes and mouth area weren't covered. Girls at his school usually wore that thing and their skin just the same which made the boy questioned life.

Anyways, he walked towards the lady with face beamed excitedly as if hoping over something he expectedly would get.

"Good morning Auntie Sora!" As to his reply with the typical rectangle smile he showed off. The lady was too difficult to smile, afraid if her mask would turn to cleft. Her expression was blank, the boy almost bursted out in laughter.

"You're not preparing for school? Take this. I made it special for you."

See? She was so kind. Taehyung liked it.

"We're still in summer break, auntie. School will begin in two days later."

"Oh right. What envelope is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter