In My Dream

In My Dream

I was standing outside on the streets, blankly looking around. Whatever it was I had to do, I had already finished it, so now I was free to explore a bit. I noticed a few stairs leading down to another street of some sort, with a large brick building rising up from the bottom of the steps. Printed in dark letters on its windowless side were the words “Zhou Mi’s apartment.”

Happy because… well, because I just was, I walked down the steps and came to a large set of mailboxes, like the kind you would normally see near apartment complexes. Because that’s what the place was, a large set of brick buildings which I now knew to be all part of the same complex. Quickly, I spot a mailbox with the initials “Z.Mei” (or something actually quite as random as that, now that I think about it), and I immediately realize that this is Zhou Mi’s mailbox and that he really does live here! So I hurriedly walked over to another brick building which had the same words on its nameplate, which I knew to be his residence.

He wasn’t home. Disappointed, I began to walk back when suddenly another door near where the mailboxes were located burst open and a brunette came barreling past me.

“I’m sorry about that; I’ll be here soon!” he shouted as he blew by me, and in that moment I suddenly realized that he was Zhou Mi. So I follow him back to the entrance of his apartment, where he just opened the door and dashed in.

He didn’t lock his door? I thought.

A few seconds later, he ran back out again and called out, “Let’s go; are you ready?” I think his manager said yes in the one second he cameoed in my dream, and then we all started walking back where we came from.

I asked him something in English—I think it might’ve been something to do with his new drama? Maybe that was why he was in a rush—and he responded politely. And then I realized that I could have just asked in Chinese, so I switched languages, stammering a bit. He raised his eyebrows, probably not expecting me to be bilingual.

As we walked, I glanced over and saw two women talking, their backs turned to me. Recognizing one of them to be my mother because she was wearing a long black coat, I run over to her and uh… drag her along with us. At this point, I was really giddy. I guess it finally sunk in to me that I was walking right next to Zhou Mi!!!

So now she was with us (not sure where the manager went; like I said, he disappeared from my dream), and I turned to my mother and asked her, indicating Zhou Mi, “Do you know who this person is?” Of course she didn’t, so I start singing and dancing, “Oh my Super Girl, ni shi wo de baby girl…”

Now she knows, and I think she made some side comment, but I don’t really remember what she said.

Now we reached an intersection in the road, and now there were a lot of pedestrians and drivers. My mom and I both pointed straight down the road about to say, “Let’s keep walking this way,” but then we noticed Zhou Mi sprinting across the street towards the path on the other side. I guess he thought that way was better or something, so then I yelled, “Bye!” I had called out in a loud voice so he would hear me, but I purposely didn’t use his name because I didn’t want to attract unnecessary attention to him. Nonetheless, suddenly there was a loud commotion; apparently all the fangirls had realized that Zhou Mi was in their midst.

Maybe now would be a good time to mention that the road across the street from us was kind of like… a weird set of manual elevators. Like you have to collectively (as a group of people) use your strength to get the steps to move, and Zhou Mi was descending downwards (towards at subway or something, I guess). As we continued walking on the other side, I heard some girls (who were standing on an elevator that was going upwards, but at that moment was stuck) complaining about being too far away/behind too many people to see Zhou Mi.

I sighed, because it was such a short encounter, but then I smiled again to myself because I met Zhou Mi! And then I guess I woke up around this time.

By the way, most of the wording was taken straight from my cell-phone drafts folder, which contained the highlights of this account in very broken English, so yeah… this standard isn’t my usual story-writing ability.

But it’s pretty much how I rant. XD.

THE END.

 

(Epilogue: I ended up waking up for real around 12pm orz||)