'Bestest' Hyung

Little Peek

The first rays of sunlight shone through the curtains and illuminated the room bit by bit, announcing the arrival of morning.

Hoseok woke up the second he heard the melodic chirping sounds of the birds outside. He opened his eyes a bit and stretched his lanky limbs like a kitten. When his eyes detected Yoongi's sleeping face next to him, he couldn't help but curve up the corners of his mouth into a big beatific grin, showing his white teeth. The younger snuggled up to the other, simply enjoying the warmth radiated from Yoongi's body. Hoseok then rested his head on the rapper's chest, listening to the soothing sound of his heartbeat.

After a while of cuddling with the sleeping male, Hoseok called Yoongi's name in an attempt to wake him up. The older, however, didn't give any reaction, making Hoseok pout in dissatisfaction. It was morning — although still a little bit early — he wanted to go outside and feed the birds and do many things more! Already excited from all the plans he made for today's schedule in his mind, he sat up and climbed on top of Yoongi.

"Yoonyoon-hyung, wakie wakie!" Hoseok whispered in the lead rapper's ear and giggled softly when the latter tiredly pushed him away with a frown. Yoongi let out a disgruntled groan and mumbled a quiet "Heavy..." before reflexively kicking the weight off of him with such strength Hoseok fell off the bed. J-Hope emitted a loud broken yelp when the side of his head bumped against the sharp corner of the nightstand.

"O-oww!!"

Hoseok put a hand over his stinging stomach where he had just received the hard impact of Yoongi's kick and palmed the newly inflicted injury on the side of his head. When his fingers touched the forming bump, Hoseok winced in pain as tears started to form in his eyes.

When the sting became too much to bear, Hoseok broke into loud sobs and sniffles. Yoongi — finally sensing that something was amiss — shot his eyes open and sat up so fast he felt dizzy.

"Hobi!" Yoongi exclaimed in horror once he saw the younger all curled up on the cold floor, his face contorted in pain and body shaking vehemently. He scrambled out of bed fast and jumped next to the trembling male, his movements agiler than ever.

"! Oh my god, are you alright, Hobi?" Yoongi carefully pulled him up and took the whimpering male in his arms. He didn't mean to hurt the younger, really, it was all just his reflex.

"! Hobi, I am so sorry! Oh god, what have I done!" Yoongi was now panicking for real, he didn't even know what he should do anymore, his mind was completely blank at the moment.

"Hyung, owwie!!" Hoseok wailed as streams of tears flowed from his eyes endlessly like a waterfall. Yoongi's heart stopped beating the moment he discovered the conspicuous bump on Hoseok's head.

The older of the two scooped Hoseok up in his thin but strong arms and carried the lithe younger to the bed before gently putting him down on the soft mattress.

"It's okay, everything will be fine, it's okay..." The older rapper consoled the dancer softly and wiped his tears away with his sleeve. Yoongi tried to regain himself quickly and his mind gradually cleared up.

For now, he should go find Jin, the latter would surely know how to tend to the injured dancer properly. Yoongi didn't know how to mend wounds correctly and he definitely would not let himself treat Hoseok's injury— he didn't trust himself.

Once he entered his own bedroom and saw Jin still unconscious on the bed, he walked over to the oldest of the group and — without thinking much — he slapped the vocalist across the face in order to wake him up.

Jin's eyes flew open abruptly, "Son of a ——" He shut up immediately, however, when he saw the ominously dark expression on Yoongi's face.

Jin frowned in confusion and opened his mouth to ask but Yoongi interrupted him quickly, getting straight to the point — "Hobi is hurt."

Seokjin's eyebrows furrowed even more upon hearing that and followed Yoongi to his own room without further ado, where the loud sobbing sounds came from.

~~~~~

A loud dolorous scream reverberated through the whole dorm, effectively waking everyone up.

"Owwieee!!" Hoseok wailed while squirming his whole body in Yoongi's firm hold while Seokjin cleaned the younger's open wound. He wasn't even bleeding much and one wouldn't even see that there was blood without inspecting closely, but the harsh colour of crimson dazzled Yoongi's eyes nevertheless and he could feel the growing guilt eat him up from the inside.

"Baby, you have to stay still or it will hurt even more," the lead rapper coaxed softly, his voice cracking slightly at the end. With every scream and sob, the pain in Yoongi's heart increased, making it difficult for him to breathe.

Yoongi felt so guilty it was almost suffocating. Not only did he fail to look after Hoseok properly but he had hurt him twice when Hoseok wasn't in any condition to care for himself. What a terrible caregiver he was.

At this point, could he even be called a caregiver?

Yoongi let out a heavy sigh and redirected his gaze to the weeping male in his embrace. He gingerly drew comforting circles on J-Hope's abdomen — where he had kicked him this morning — and wished he could take Hoseok's pain upon himself.

Seemingly tired from all the crying, Hoseok's sobs died down eventually and turned into little sniffles. When Seokjin got up to get some ice and towel to help reduce the swelling, Yoongi gave the oldest member a thankful nod. Jin returned him a sympathetic smile in response and walked out of the bedroom.

"Does it hurt very badly?" Yoongi asked and Hoseok nodded pitifully. The lead rapper touched his left cheek tenderly before pressing an equally tender kiss on Hoseok's forehead.

"Hyung cast a secret spell on Hobi, the pain will go away in less than a week," Yoongi said after pulling back. He was well aware that he was only spurting ridiculous nonsense to the younger, but he wanted to enlighten Hoseok, even if just a tiny bit.

"Really?" Hoseok was beyond enlightened, he never knew that his hyung knew magic — awesome! Hoseok grinned through his tears and snuggled closer to Yoongi, he loved his hyung so so much! 'Yoonyoon-hyung is the bestest hyung ever!' Hoseok thought and giggled blissfully.

The pressure in his heart lifted a tad bit once Yoongi saw the bright smile on the younger's face and couldn't hold back his own smile.

Soon, everyone gathered in Namjoon and Jin's room upon hearing all the commotion.

"What happened?" Namjoon inquired first and Yoongi looked up at the newcomer but didn't answer his question. Seeing the complicated expression on his best friend's face, Namjoon gave him an understanding and comforting smile.

Jimin and Taehyung ran up to their fellow 'Little', immediately knowing that Hoseok was hurt.

"Hobi, pain... shoo, shoo~" Taehyung blew soft breezes of winds on Hoseok's stomach in an attempt to chase J-Hope's pain away.

Jimin grabbed Hoseok's hand and placed a peck on the back of his hand. "There, there. No pain anymore, Minnie kissed it away," Jimin said smugly and beamed at the older.

Hoseok let out a hearty giggle and gave each of them a kiss on the cheek to convey his gratitude to his two best friends.

Namjoon, Yoongi and Jungkook were moved by the Littles' heartwarming interaction and they had to give their all to suppress the urge to smother them with kisses and hugs. They were the luckiest people in the whole world to have the three 'Littles' in their life.

Soon, Seokjin returned with a pack filled with actual ice (since they had long since run out of cold packs so Jin had no other option than to put ice cubes into a plastic pack) in his right hand and a white towel in his other hand. He was surprised to see the others in the room but he greeted them happily anyways. The three 'Littles' grinned and replied with a cheerful "Good Morning, Jinnie-hyung!"

After instructing Yoongi to lay Hoseok down on his side, Seokjin folded the towel and placed the soft fabric over the bump before gingerly putting the pack of ice on top of the towel.

Throughout the whole process, Hoseok didn't fuss and didn't protest, he didn't want to worry them anymore. The caregivers smiled proudly and praised Hoseok over and over, making the latter burst with joy.

When the swelling finally went down, Seokjin smiled and gave the 'Little' a rewarding squeeze on the cheek before putting the towel and the pack (with partially melted ice) away. The others left the room as well to prepare breakfast and feed their hungry 'Littles'.

Yoongi breathed out a sigh of relief and took Hoseok back in his arms. "Hobi, Yoonyoon-hyung is sorry for hurting you, will you forgive him?" Yoongi apologised sincerely, his eyes looking down in shame. Hoseok turned his head and left a light kiss on Yoongi's jaw, taking the latter by surprise. "Hobi forgives Yoonyoon-hyung, so don't be sad anymore," Hoseok told him with a bright smile plastered across his visage. Once again, Yoongi felt the burning tears stinging his eyes, he quickly closed his eyes and hugged the younger closer.

'I am so sorry for being such a bad caregiver, Hobi. I wish I could do better...'

As if hearing Yoongi's self-deprecating thought, Hoseok pulled away and grabbed Yoongi's face in his hands before closing the distance between them for a chaste kiss. "Hobi loves Yoonyoon-hyung the best!" Hoseok confessed gleefully.

Still stunned and taken aback by the sudden kiss, Yoongi blinked a few times and allowed himself a minute to register what had happened.

Hoseok laughed at the silly look on the older's face, "Yoonyoon-hyung, you look stupid!" Yoongi immediately snapped back to reality upon hearing the comment. He pretended to be angry and started tickling the younger. "Who are you calling stupid, little one?"

Soon, a series of giggles and laughter filled the peaceful dorm.

 

'Hobi, I promise I will do my best to care for you and learn to be a better caregiver that is qualified enough for you. Hyung loves Hobi the best, too!'

 


A/N: Here is the long-awaited and most-requested YoonSeok chapter! I know it isn't necessarily a long chapter but guess what! There will be another update within this week, so please subscribe to stay updated! :D

Thank you guys so much for the support and encouragement, I am back on track again, all motivated and pumped up! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please feel free to suggest anything you want to see in the future chapters! :)

~ Pabo-sshi