twenty nine; ♬ ♬♩♫; bonus

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

• ♬ ♬♩♫ •
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE - EXTRA CHAPTER; 'FIRST FIGHT'

 

 

Note: this is a bonus chapter because it was already written up a while back and i was like ‘oh, i should just post this lmao’ and yeah! just for it to make sense, this was before chapter twenty eight. i hope you enjoy~

 

Wonwoo storms out of his room, eyes glued to his book, not looking where he’s going. Besides, he doesn’t want to bother where he wants to go.

 

With short thinking, he heads to the kitchen to make himself a glass of water — There was coffee too, but Wonwoo hated coffee. Nonetheless, either choice would still distract him from Mingyu’s constant yelling.

 

It was supposed to be a calm day. Jeonghan, Wonwoo, Jihoon, Mingyu and Vernon we’re the only ones at home, while the rest were out on a boat trip. Four less people, four times less of the noise. 

 

However, with Wonwoo and Mingyu around, that wasn’t the case.

 

“Wonwoo, stop giving me the silent treatment, it doesn’t help!”

 

“…”

 

“’s sake, speak! If you think this is going make things better, it isn’t. You’ve been doing this since last night!”

 

Wonwoo stops walking and turns to Mingyu; His voice was slightly raspy and his eyes were puffy.

 

“Then what do you want me to say? That it’s okay? That I’ll just let it go with the other times I’ve had to bottle it in?”

 

“I’m not saying that Wonwoo just goddamn listen to me!”

 

The older only responds by crossing his arms as he takes off his glasses. He rubs his eyes to calm the headache that was stressing him.

 

At this point, Jihoon and Vernon peep their heads out of Jihoon’s room to watch what was going on. This wasn’t one of Mingyu and Wonwoo’s usual fights. Although they wanted to help, they were worried if it would be too much of a hassle for Wonwoo and Mingyu if more people stepped in, because that would lead to people choosing sides, which the last thing Wonwoo and Mingyu would want. 

 

That, and they were unsure of what to do — They hoped Jeonghan would do something, but he was busy hanging the clothes on the conservatory.

 

“I have — But going to meet an old friend, then end up going on a blind date that he set you up with a girl you haven’t never met, and your boyfriend sees you and still wonders right now why you didn’t even bother to do anything — That isn’t easy to forgive someone for, is it?”

 

Wonwoo spits out his words, not able to hold it in anymore. The male bites his lip. Although he’s mad, thinking back to the situation makes his stomach churn anxiously. It only happened two days ago, but he can still remember it vividly.

 

The last words Mingyu said before leaving the house — ‘Look after yourself, I’ll call you later, yeah? Bye!’ — The empty coffee mug Mingyu drank and left on the shelf where they kept the shoes, the text he received from Jeonghan, asking to buy a list of things with the money in Jeonghan’s spare wallet, the mistake of going outside to fetch the groceries because he was the only one in the house, not expecting to see Mingyu sat outside a coffee shop as he was walking home.

 

He especially didn’t expect to see Mingyu with a girl either.

 

Something hit Wonwoo. The girl’s pretty features: Her dress long and flowing like her black hair, her small figure, the way she delicately held the coffee cup in her hands, along with the small smile she would make looking at Mingyu. 

 

Without knowing why, Wonwoo continued to watch the scene with little-to-nothing hope that Mingyu would be the bigger person, or at least come to his senses, and do something.

 

To his disappointment, Mingyu didn’t do anything. And to ‘help’ the situation, the ‘friend’ Mingyu was meeting kept the conversation going to interest the girl even more.

 

Wonwoo’s hands were shaking at this point. Slowly, his hand reaches his pocket to pick up his phone and to raise it up to his ear after dialling Mingyu’s number.

 

Mingyu picked up, surprisingly, but the words couldn’t be processed through Wonwoo’s head, leaving him speechless. The older male also wondered whether the younger would notice his presence.

 

“Wonu’? You there? Hello? Jeon Wonwoo, is everything okay? You sound like you’re outside. Wonu’? Huh, I guess you aren’t there…”

 

The grip on Wonwoo’s phone tightens, feeling as if he hasn’t breathed for the past ten minutes. As expected, the line goes flat, and Wonwoo continues to stand there, anxiously waiting.

 

Something’s going to happen, something’s got to happen.

 

He sees the girl’s lips move, and by the shake of Mingyu’s head, it was probably a question. It was an endless search of what she could’ve asked him.

 

‘Who’s that? Do you know that person? Are they special to you? Is that person even worth your time? Do you even love them?’ The questions appear in Wonwoo’s mind, not helping the fact that they were slowly getting more pessimistic as he thinks.

 

Soon, his eyes have the urge to roll whilst he sees Mingyu’s shrug as he turns to put his phone in his pocket. Again, the girl speaks and Mingyu turns to look back at her, but as he does that, he freezes, knowing that he made a mistake when his eyes meet Wonwoo’s.

 

‘About time…’ Wonwoo thinks, his face still expressionless with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

 

Mingyu’s eyes widen, shocked, but all Wonwoo responded with was himself kissing his teeth as a small smile forms on his lips to reassure himself. It wasn’t a smile of ‘You messed up’, but a smile of ‘How could you do this’.

 

Not wanting to see anymore, Wonwoo does the right thing by putting down the phone from his ear, breathing deeply as he shook his head before he walked away as fast as he could.

 

“Look Wonu’, I was going to do something, but she kept on talking and I didn’t want to look rude-“

 

“Of course, I get that Mingyu, but that doesn’t stop you from simply telling her you’re with someone! I’m sure it doesn’t take a lot of time to say ’Sorry, I’m already taken’ — Even if you didn’t want to admit you were in this type of relationship, there are so many other ways to kindly turn her down.”

 

And with that said, Mingyu stays mum, mentally hitting his head as how he didn’t think that until now, but at the same time not wanting to admit it.

 

“I get jealous a lot,” Wonwoo’s voice has the slightest crack, “But this crosses my limit-“

 

“Then why didn’t you do something, huh? You should fight for what you love, right? Most of the time, I don’t see the slightest jealousy in you, you should be damn proud hiding it. If it bothers you so much, why don’t you let it show rather than be like this — Because just look what’s happening right now!”

 

“I wouldn’t be feeling like this if you didn’t go in the first place!”

 

“How the hell would I know my friend was setting me up on a blind date?!”

 

“You’re not getting it Kim Mingyu!” Wonwoo groans in frustration. Mingyu lowly mumbles something under his breath as they throw dirty looks at each other. “I-“

 

“Just shut up. You’re not even letting me have a ing chance to speak or justify myself!”

 

Slightly stepping back, Wonwoo bites his tongue to halt the tears poking his eyes.

 

“‘Just shut up’? ‘Just shut up’?! You’re the one who wanted me to speak, so I spoke Mingyu — Now you want me to shut up? What, are you filled up with so much pride that you can’t admit to your own mistake?!”

 

“That mistake isn’t even my fault! What else could’ve I done when I was in pressure? If you were in my shoes, you would’ve felt and done the same-“

 

“No, I wouldnt. What would I be feeling? Let’s see, huh?” 

 

The older places his fingertips on his chin and looks at the ceiling with his eyebrows furrowed, a move he purposely does to express his sarcasm. 

 

“Confused, because who would be interested to go out with this piece of garbage right? I’m nowhere near to good-looking like you. Anxious, because I don’t want to imagine your reaction if I ever told you this. Scared, because what would happen if you did find out? What if you see me? Terrified, because what if we break up? What if this changes everything between us? Did you think of this Mingyu? Did you? Clearly not!” And as Mingyu opens his mouth, Wonwoo throws the book he was using as an excuse to ignore Mingyu across the floor, causing a loud bang and maybe a small dent on the floor. “Because most of the time you’re focused on other people’s feelings rather than my own!”

 

Immediately, Jeonghan runs in to diffuse the situation. With a soft, but serious voice he says, “Hey, hey, hey, break it up okay?” Gently, he pushes the both of them away from each other, and the duo doesn’t even dare to look at one another.

 

Jeonghan was relieved the fight didn’t go any worse, because from his experience he’s had worse with Seungcheol, but at this moment he was clueless of what to do — Even if he thought like Seungcheol and what he’d do, it would still be blank.

 

For Mingyu, guilt starts filling him; Wonwoo had a point. Even worse, it was one he knew to be true.

 

After silence, a voice says after a couple of quiet hiccups. “Besides, she was pretty… Beats me for sure.”

 

At instinct, Mingyu instantly notices Wonwoo tugs on his sleeves to cover his hands, which Mingyu knew was a habit whenever Wonwoo felt insecure or stupid.

 

Mingyu quietly, not enough for Wonwoo to hear, stutters out, “N… No Won-“

 

Wonwoo hides his face with his bangs and walks out of the door, quickly slipping on his shoes and grabbing his jacket so he can avoid getting chased by someone — Everyone stands dumbfounded for a moment, unsure of what to do.

 

“Wonwoo? Wonwoo come back!” Jihoon shouts, rushing to the door as he curses under his breath while slipping on his shoes, not bothering to tie or wear them properly. Mingyu watches the shorter run after Wonwoo, thinking of how it should be him chasing the older rather than Jihoon.

 

“.”

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

jihoon.mp3 posted a photo.

jihoon.mp3 please reconcile.

hoshikwon should i be worried that’s its directed to me because its a picture of us two???

jihoon.mp3 its nothing to do with you don’t worry @hoshikwon

jiwow_ ??? jihoon is everything okay?

vernillaicecream nope :-) @jiwow_

jiwow_ you’re explaining everything to me right now @vernillaicecream

princejun- what happened?

minghoe don’t tell me one of you guys murdered a person .-.

minghoe been there, done that

jihoon.mp3 minghao,,, @minghoe

minghoe sorry :s

minghoe i guess this is serious then...

hoshikwon like seriously whats going on

cheollie @hannie called me… holy

princejun- you know things are bad when @cheollie hyung swears Ó~Ó

jihoon.mp3  i know @cheollie

jiwow_ WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING BECAUSE @vernillaicecream IS JUST SENDING ME A BUNCH OF GIBBERISH

jihoon.mp3 … its about @/wonwookim and @/mingyujeon

minghoe well this is

princejun- what the happened while we were gone

hoshikwon um we need to hear all of it right now what the hell

jiwow_ oh no

vernillaicecream its a long story. @jiwow_ @minghoe @hoshikwon @princejun-

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

When Wonwoo comes home with Jihoon everything isn’t the same the next few days.

 

He definitely became more silent, limiting his words to everyone by responding with short replies or simply nodding, shaking his head or shrugging to speak with everyone.

 

He tries to make himself even more productive in the house by helping Seungcheol and Jeonghan more, even though they refuse him because he’s a guest.

 

From time to time, the male only opens his mouth just to piss Mingyu off.

 

“You’re hanging the clothes wrong.”

 

“Put your shoes back properly.”

 

“Can you turn it down? It’s too loud.”

 

“Huh, you missed a spot on the table.”

 

“Just saying, you forgot to buy this too.”

 

To be honest, Wonwoo felt his confidence to speak up more was getting better  — Too bad it was Mingyu he was doing it to.

 

“Wonu’, I’ll start the fireplace, go away.”

 

“We don’t want to set Seungcheol and ‘Han’s house on fire, so you go away.”

 

“I can’t see where my laptop is, it’s too dark.”

 

“I’m not turning on the lights, go do it yourself. Or, since it’s two in the morning, why don’t you sleep?”

 

“Aren’t you playing your violin a bit too loud?!”

 

“What? I can’t hear you, I’m busy making too much noise!”

 

There was also one time where Wonwoo was sat with Vernon as they look through the older’s camera roll, and they stop on a picture of Mingyu with a dog.

 

“Cute.” The older says, and Vernon’s eyes gleam with hope that Wonwoo has probably forgiven Mingyu. As Vernon goes to say something, Wonwoo suddenly adds, “Oh yeah Mingyu’s there too I guess.”

 

Vernon’s jaw drops, but that wasn’t the ‘funny’ part (As Wonwoo would call it). It was the fact Mingyu was sat right in front of them with a clenched fist, probably yelling in his head, ‘YOU DON’T EVEN LIKE DOGS.’

 

On that night, Wonwoo was left alone in the house. The rest of them went to eat dinner and he refused to go since he wasn’t hungry, which were flat out lies .

 

(He also commented “Be safe.” As Mingyu and Seungcheol were exiting the door, and when the pair turn around and tilt their heads, Wonwoo’s face turns blank as he says, “I’m talking to Seungcheol.” And walks off, which left Seungcheol in an uncomfortable state that night)

 

So instead of sulking, he decides to overload himself with paperwork whilst eating bowls and bowls of ramen to forget his thoughts.

 

It was like going to a bar and having a few drinks, but Wonwoo doesn’t like to go outside and ramen is more tasty than drinks.

 

Like a routine, Wonwoo would first read while his ramen was boiling in the water, and after that he would look through his phone to check if there were any competitions for him to join as he ignored Jiwoo spamming his phone with texts.

 

‘I assume she knows what happened…’ Wonwoo heaves, shifting his eyes to the side.

 

It wasn’t even an hour when he finished his fourth bowl and was still hungry, because he hasn’t eaten all day. The bowls start to pile up in the sink and the more Wonwoo eats, the more drowsy he feels.

 

Sooner or later Wonwoo passes out on the table after finishing his eighteenth (Or something like that, even he can’t remember) bowl of ramen.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter