twenty eight; ♬ ♬ ♫♩♩♩

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

• ♬ ♬ ♫♩♩♩ •
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

 

 

(Note: this will be the last chapter for japan, there was supposed to be another chapter or two to end it, but due to me wanting to finish this fanfic — and get to the freaking point really —  i decide to do this for now and have the other chapters made when this ends (probably). sorry…)

 

“How long are you gonna take? I wanna see!” Vernon whines, slamming his phone on his lap. Wonwoo, who was quietly sat next to him, lightly chuckles and pats they younger’s hair. They were sat in Jihoon and Soonyoung’s room, impatiently waiting.

 

“We’re almost finished!” A voice calls out behind a panel divider. Not long after that, Soonyoung and Jihoon walk out of each end of the panel divider — Soonyoung confidently walking out and Jihoon awkwardly waddling out — Both showing the matching yukatas they had.

 

They looked so cute.

 

Vernon rushes to type in his passcode to take pictures of the pair stood side by side. He made sure to include Jihoon’s embarrassed face which he hid (Even though the shorter laughed it off, playing it cool by doing matching poses with Soonyoung).

 

In that moment, Minghao walks in the room aimlessly saying, “Hey Soon’ hyung, have you seen my charger-“ But as he’s startled by the males, he looks as if he was being blown away by the wind as nearly fell down if the door handle and the door frame wasn’t there to support him. 

 

Once he calmed down, he shakes his head and blinks a couple of times. 

 

“Wow,” He says, stumbling his words, “Dark blue. Uh, nice-“

 

“Say something Xu Minghao and I’ll put that charger in your mouth.” Sharply staring at the tall male, Jihoon snaps.

 

“I wasn’t going to, but I’ll shut my mouth.” Looking to Wonwoo, Minghao quietly says ‘Ah’ in satisfaction as he picks up his charger. Then as he exits, swinging his cord in circles, his mouth loudly says, “You look cute by the way!”

 

“MINGHAO.”

 

Attempting to hold in a laugh, Wonwoo exits the room — Passing a note to Vernon to send the pictures to him — To pick out his clothes.

 

Today was their last day in Japan before they had to go back to Korea. And Jeonghan, being the brilliant person he is, suggested to attend the festival that was luckily on their last day, which was a surprising coincidence.

 

Besides, all of them were interested in going (Vernon was the least excited, but he was heavily persuaded by the amounts of food that will be there for him and Tsuki to try).

 

While Wonwoo takes out some clothes from his luggage, Mingyu walks in.

 

The older turns his head to see who it is and the two make eye contact. Suddenly, they start laughing — There was nothing to laugh about, but the both of them do it a lot whenever they see each other — “Hey, what do you think I should wear?” He points over to the clothes laid out neatly on the bed.

 

Mingyu approaches the bed and hums, placing a single finger on his bottom lip. Once Wonwoo stands next to him, he modestly picks out what would suit nicely.

 

“Those pants, because they’d go well with your shoes. Uh… You’re definitely not wearing that coat-“

 

“Why? I like that one!”

 

“Wonu’ you look like a poorly-dressed ghost dipped in black paint, that coat has to go.”

 

“You’re too mean.” Wonwoo sulks.

 

“Well you asked for my opinion.” Then Mingyu lifts up two choices of sweaters Wonwoo picked out and holds them up in front of Wonwoo, squinting his eyes. “Try them on each.” Mingyu comments, so Wonwoo has no choice but to try them on.

 

“O… Okay.” Wonwoo takes the clothes and slowly walks to the corner of the room for ‘privacy’ (Despite the fact Mingyu can literally see him) as Mingyu plops himself on the bed while Wonwoo lifts up his shirt and changes into one of Mingyu’s choices before walking to Mingyu again.

 

Wonwoo huffs.

 

“How do I look?”

 

The younger analyses Wonwoo for a moment — Hiding in a chuckle since he looked so cute with his sweater and pyjama bottoms that were loosely hung on his waist — “Turn around.”

 

Wonwoo follows Mingyu’s request and somewhat twirls until he’s facing the younger again, feeling quite dizzy after that.

 

“Now walk back and forth.” By this point, Wonwoo’s thinking ‘What the heck?’ But again, he still does it. “Okay now do a pose.”

 

“MINGYU-“

 

“C’MON WONU’!”

 

“I’M NOT DOING IT.”

 

“PLEASE? YOU SHOULD LOOSEN UP A LITTLE!” Mingyu pouts and makes a puppy face, his hand clasped together and slowly shaking them. Wonwoo drops his expression and groans, slowly putting his arms in an awkward position and standing in a very uncomfortable pose.

 

Like expected, Mingyu bursts out in laughter for him and Wonwoo instantly stops and walks up to him with his hand raised — Ready to slap his pretty face — But Mingyu takes his hand and pulls the older in for a hug, swaying side to side before he says, “Don’t worry, you look good wearing that, that what I was hoping for you to pick.”

 

“Thanks-“

 

“But I wish I took a picture to remember the moment-“ And Wonwoo’s knee harshly meets Mingyu’s stomach. “!” Yet Wonwoo only rolls his eyes and chuckles at the younger’s pain.

 

“Now let’s get you changed too.”

 

Soon later, and after searching through almost all of Mingyu’s clothes, the couple leave their room and head to the kitchen, greeting Seungcheol as he drinks his coffee. “Ooh apple juice.” Mingyu says, picking up the glass while Seungcheol hands over a cup of hot chocolate to Wonwoo.

 

Wonwoo sits on the chair, facing Seungcheol while Mingyu sits by the sink, who was pulling slightly bitter (And exaggerated) faces as he sips the apple juice. Shortly, Mingyu and Wonwoo start exchanging winks across the kitchen (Again, a thing they do) while stifling their laughs so they won’t get caught.

 

Seungcheol clear his throat, casually drinking his coffee. “How was the pull out?” 

 

And Wonwoo chokes on his drink while Mingyu spits out his juice in the sink (Luckily), suddenly looking away to hide their flustered faces. The oldest purses his lips to avoid his twitching smile. 

 

“The couch on the conservatory — You slept there a couple nights ago, right Wonwoo?”

 

Wonwoo sighs in relief, biting his lip. “Ah…“ He nods hesitantly, glancing at the blushing Mingyu behind Seungcheol before he sips his hot chocolate again.

 

However, Mingyu just had to say (More like mumble), “That’s a story for next time hyung-“

 

“Mingyu shut up!” Wonwoo yells as Mingyu hides a smile behind his glass. Annoyed, Wonwoo sighs and puts down his cup to calm himself, and his flushed cheeks, down.

 

“Also, tell the guys to clean their rooms too — I don’t want to find any mess while I’m cleaning, particularly on the bed.” Seungcheol was really pushing it.

 

“Oh don’t worry hyung, we’ll tell them — And don’t worry about us, we definitely cleaned up. Especially Wonwoo-“ 

 

And Wonwoo throws the kitchen roll at Mingyu’s face to make him shut up. It was a good aim too. 

 

Seungcheol scoffs a tiny bit, consuming his drink again, mumbling to himself as if he was a tired parent — “Kids.”

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

“Seungcheol hyung! Tsuki wants to eat the chocolate — Should I give her the chocolate?”

 

“No Vernon.”

 

“But hyung she really wants it!”

 

“VERNON DON’T-”

 

Everyone laughs in unison as they hear Seungcheol’s sudden screeching. They all walk closer to the entrance of the festival. Since it was early and not crowded, they had no trouble walking altogether as a big group. 

 

All of them take a quick walk around the festival before they all plan where to explore and what to do. One minute they’re here, the next they’re there; Maybe eating roasted corn at first, then trying to win Vernon a tiny fish. Yet as the day went on, the amount of people coming were increased. Quickly.

 

But that didn’t stop the fun, the group got to watch the acts, stand by stalls of souvenirs or food, see the kids run around with street foods in their hands or masks fitted on their faces, Minghao even got to do a dance battle with one of the performers there — That was fun.

 

Soonyoung and Vernon also bought a lot of food with Seungcheol’s money too, but Seungcheol doesn’t know that and they’re going to keep it that way.

 

Although they were still together as one big group, all of them had to divide themselves into smaller groups to avoid crowding the busy streets.

 

From front to back, was Jeonghan and Wonwoo, then Soonyoung and Seungcheol, Vernon and Jihoon (And Tsuki), and finally Junhui, Minghao and Mingyu.

 

“Yo,” Minghao says, munching on a water manju as he elbows Mingyu’s arm, “You should try this.” The male holds up the food to Mingyu’s lips, offering him a bite.

 

“Nah, I’m fine.”

 

“The last thing you ate was the apple juice you had this morning — One, it’s not even a food and two, you spat it out!” Junhui complains, lightly pushing Mingyu. Too bad Mingyu had to be in between Junhui and Minghao, of course he would expect a lot of pushing and hitting from them.

 

“Ah, blame Seungcheol hyung for that. He was being embarrassing again…”

 

“Complain less, eat more!” Minghao whines, feeling more annoyed the more Mingyu talks. Forcefully, he pushes the cake closer to the taller’s lips.

 

Luckily, Mingyu shielded his mouth with his hand before Minghao got to do anything. “Not today, .” He laughs, rolling his eyes, and slings his arm around Junhui and Minghao.

 

“Well if ‘Gyu doesn’t want to eat, just give it to me ‘Hao.” Junhui opens his mouth for Minghao to serve him the cake while at the same time Mingyu’s face was secretly judging both of them in disgust.

 

“Should I even be here…?” Mingyu mumbles. He looks around his surrounding again, ignoring the couple stood wither side of him acting gross, and his eyes catch Seungcheol who was looking right back at him.

 

It was difficult to tell at first, since there was a bunch of people separating him from Seungcheol, but the younger knew Seungcheol better than anyone. Squinting his eyes, the older’s lips move but Mingyu can’t read what he says. Nonetheless, Mingyu mouths back an ‘I don’t know what you’re saying’ and brushes it off like it was nothing as he goes back to talking with Minghao and Junhui.

 

Being bored after a while (And after many sappy interactions from Junhui and Minghao), Mingyu moves to Vernon and Jihoon — At least they weren’t with their significant other (Even though Tsuki and Vernon are probably best friends by now). Getting closer to the duo, he notices Vernon’s hands being occupied with one, his phone and two, a soda along with Tsuki’s leash around his wrist.

 

“Jun and Minghao are being gross, so I decided to join you guys instead — What are you talking about-“

 

“Oh, lover boy! Yo!”

 

A female voice says from the phone, frightening Mingyu (And although he hates to admit it, yes he shrieked on the top of his lungs) “Ji’?” Mingyu says when he finally calms down. Jiwoo waves at him as she brings her face closer to the camera and scrunches her nose (Which heavily reminded Mingyu of Wonwoo).

 

“We were talking about what we want to do after we leave school.” Jihoon says.

 

“Alright…”

 

“But please tell Vernon that being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter