twelve; ♬♩♩

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•♬♩♩•
CHAPTER TWELVE

 

Vanilla, warm, breathtaking.

Fresh laundry, cold, delicate.

 

Their lips part, taking slow and shaky breaths. They’re both close to each other so their foreheads rest against each other’s. They both say nothing, welcoming the silence.

 

No words are spoken but a story is said. 

 

Mingyu’s hand brushes on top of Wonwoo’s as he gently grips on the bottle, taking his time to lift the bottle up. Wonwoo on the other hand, was still trying to process what the hell just happened. Mingyu did as well — What the hell did happen?

 

But as the older finds out what he just did, he knew he messed up. He messed up badly.

 

Quickly, he gets up and runs back to the stairs, picking up his violin case and satchel. It doesn’t take long for Mingyu to know Wonwoo was starting to run away without saying anything.

 

“Wonwoo! W... Wait-“ Mingyu manages to stutter out, but by the time he does that, it’s no use.

 

Wonwoo’s gone.

 

Oddly, Mingyu rewinds the memory in his mind as he sits back down and kicks the stones scattered on the floor.

 

The beautifully haunting sound of the violin echoing from ear to ear, the addicting scent of fresh laundry that he can’t describe, the cold touch of Wonwoo’s hand on top of his, the slight taste of Wonwoo’s salty tears on his lips.

 

Just the thought of it made his heart gradually pick up its pace. For some reason, Mingyu didn’t want to admit it in the first place — There must’ve been some other reason why he feels like that — But he has no choice but to admit it. He’s…

 

Meanwhile, Wonwoo takes quick and ragged breaths as his legs feel tired and eyes feel puffy for the third time already. He trips over a couple of rocks and loses his balance because of his bags weighing him down.

 

All that he’s aware of is that his tears won’t stop — They kept falling down his face — He bet he looked so ugly in that moment.

 

The city lights go blurry and the sound goes muffled as if he’s in the bottom of the ocean.

 

In his mind, he keeps repeating the word ‘what’ over and over again in his head like a broken tape recorder. The feeling is indescribable, it’s mixed up in his mind.

 

“Wh... Why did I do that? What was that?” Wonwoo says in between hiccups of his tears, he feels his throat get sore just by crying. And the tears keep on going, all the way back home.

 

As he sits in his room alone, he throws his bag into the corner and sits on his bed, trying to wipe his tears with the sleeve of his cardigan. Again, the tears don’t stop and his eyes start to sting badly.

 

“Jeon Wonwoo… What have you done…” He says, whisper-like, scolding and blaming himself. “I’m so ridiculous… What was I even thinking…?”

 

He ruffles his hair and sniffs, rubbing his hands on his wet cheeks all the way down to his neck.

 

Reaching his long fingertips to brush over his lips, he has a shiver go up his spine.

 

“I can still feel it…” He sighed.

 

He doesn’t think he’s going to be okay.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

princess

mingyu: wonwoo

[this message is not delivered. try again?]

mingyu: wonwoo?

[this message is not delivered. try again?]

mingyu: jfc just reply idiot

[this message is not delivered. try again?]

mingyu: wait i didn’t mean that wonwoo

[this message is not delivered. try again?]

mingyu: wonwoo???

[this message is not delivered. try again?]

mingyu: you put me on block didn’t you

[this message is not delivered. try again?]

mingyu: typical…

[this message is not delivered. try again?]

mingyu: i miss you.

[this message is not delivered. try again?]

 

And although this night had ups and downs, there’s one thing in their minds that could speak out a story.

 

A boy met a boy; A violinist met a drummer. What an unusual pair. But when their lips met, they had realised two wrongs had finally made a right. It was their story.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

A week comes and passes and Mingyu learns a lot. What does he learn?

 

Mingyu learns that school feels weird when Wonwoo isn’t around — It’s quiet, there’s no sound of the violin when he passes the practice rooms, Jihoon goes to Soonyoung and Mingyu, making the youngest feel like the third wheel when they hangout (Which he is, but he doesn’t know that yet).

 

So when he goes to sit by the window again, resting his cheek on his clenched fist, the younger notices Soonyoung walk in and sit in front of Mingyu without giving a wave to Jihoon.

 

Mingyu thins his eyes and looks behind him, where JiHoon’s seat was empty. Weird.

 

“Yah,” Mingyu sits up in his chair and pokes the older’s back, “Where’s Jihoon?”

 

SoonYoung turns back around and shrugs. “No idea. I didn’t see him this morning, why?”

 

“I dunno,” Mingyu also shrugs, leaning back on the seat, “I just see you two together all of the time now.”

 

“Huh, I could say the same for you and whoever that Minghao is too…”

 

The younger could hear the small scoff escape Soonyoung’s lips as if he was mad at him, but Soonyoung — Despite being the stupid and random person he is — Is right in situations like this.

 

“Are you going to practice tonight?” Soonyoung then asks, changing the topic so that his mood doesn’t get any worse.

 

Mingyu nods. “Yeah, why not? We better get K-BBQ tonight then.”

 

“You know how expensive that is man-“

 

“But it’s been so long since we went…” Mingyu rubs his eyes.

 

“Two days isn’t a long time!”

 

“Let Seungcheol hyung pay then. He’s loaded with money.”

 

“Mingyu, we don’t use our members as banks.”

 

“Well I do.”

 

And Mingyu earned himse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter