Drunken Confessions

Black Hearts & Pink Lips
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"... Eomma loved hyung..."

 

(2 months have past since the last chapter)

 

“The crime rates in Seoul have been on the rise… Gang activity in South Korea has reached all-time records in recent years. It is not just….here’s police chief Kim Jungshin”
    “Yah turn it up,” A girl asked, bearing the flickering TV.
“… we are seeing a flux in complex gangs that are more of a business than a gang. Many gangs have created businesses that launder money and are hubs for criminal activity. There is a new gang on the streets, Blackpink, who we believe is connected to iKon and Big bang. We have linked them to two bank robberies, dozens of assaults and murders as well as rings of drug trafficking-”
     “They already made the news,” Another girl awed, her short hair tied back as she cleaned her gun. A sneer drew on her lips. Her grip tightened on the weapon. 
“Calm, Joy”
   “But we’re just sitting here Irene! I’m sick of it, they attacked an ally - we can’t let them get away with that. We’re not easy!”
“Not for long…” A smirk tugged on Irene’s red painted lips. A malicious glint shone in her eyes. “They won’t be smiling for much longer”


+

“To evaluate functions we have to…” Mr. Park stopped, his eyes on a certain boy at the back of his class. “...Sehun leave.”

Oh Sehun stood, face stoic, and strode out the class. Mr. Park sighed, watching his smartest student leave once again. But there was nothing he could do, Sehun was too far gone. 

“Alright, so back to functions,”


Sehun left math with music blasting in his ear. He knew why Mr. Park was letting him leave, but it no longer affected him like it used to. He felt nothing as he went up to the roof, where he went during most of his classes. The stairway was damp, with a littering of cigarette butts. The door creaked open as he stepped. Cold air hit him, pricking his skin and biting his ankles. A sigh left him as he spotted another person on the roof, a girl. 

He went to head back down the stairs when he heard her voice.

“So easily, with harsh words. You put scars in my heart. Without even saying sorry…” She sung, softly, and oh so sadly. His eyes scanned over her, over the pull on her shoulders, over the fall of her hair, over her. He listened intently to the sorrow, the rawness of her voice, the way it made memories invade his mind, the way she sounded the slight lift of her voice as each line ended, the way she sang. How much pain has she seen? He thought his mind flying back to the first night he met her, bruised and broken. How alone is she? “...Again, I’m comforting myself. Always nervous. If you’re gonna  to leave...I just want you to...stay””

As she ended all that could be heard was the wind and city.

“How long are you going to there?” The girl inquired. Sehun coughed, not knowing he had been caught, walked over (with a little stumble) to where the girl sat. Sehun spared a glance toward her.

“Didn’t know you could sing, Jisoo, or skip class.” She gave him a pointed look. At which he sighed and snickered.

“I was kicked out actually,”
“And that’s so much better.” Jisoo chuckled out, crossing her legs. He wondered absently if she was cold.

“...what song was that? I’ve never heard it before?” Now Sehun was facing her, noticing how even though they were sitting he was still taller than her. Something, something Sehun could not identify clouded over Jisoo’s eyes. The corners of her lips twitched.

“Stay…” She mumbled out, avoiding his eyes and suddenly becoming very interested in the hem of her skirt. “I wrote it myself.”

“That’s quite the talent you got there. You ever thought about being an idol?”
“Yes, but I like food.” Sehun laughed, a genuine laugh. He laughed more than he should, but the pout on Jisoo’s face nor the tone of her voice wouldn’t let him. 

“I didn’t realize you went to my school.”
“You never asked, dummie.” Her head whipped around, a scowl dawning on her face.

“Dummie?” She gritted out, her glare almost as sharp as his. In return he smiled, eyes crinkling and nodded.

“Mmhmm, dummmieee~”
“Yah!”

Sehun laughed as Jisoo leapt to her feet and began to chase him, cursing him. Again, he was surprised at how fast she was, but he was faster. Eventually, when she realised she couldn’t catch him she began pelting him with grapes.

“I’m not a dummie!” She would scream. “You’re an airheaded beanpole!” She would shout.

And Sehun would laugh. His eyes glazed in amuesment. It was not very often - never really - where Oh Sehun made a friend, a friend he would laugh with. And it was true, Jisoo was a friend of his, a friendship he wanted to continue. And while he enjoyed it, he was haunted by his thoughts nad the enivitable future. 

How long will this last? When will she find out? Will she be scared of me? Will she leave me like the rest?


+

“So, who is this mystery boy you keep going out to meet? Is he handsome? How old is he? What’s his-” Rose placed a hand on Lisa’s mouth, effectively muffling her tsunami of questions. Yet all three of them sat there, expectant expressions on their faces. 

“He’s a friend, and I guess he’s good looking-”

Lisa squealed, only to receive a glare from Jisoo.

“He’s in his senior year and goes to the same highschool as us.” Rose’s eyes rounded, while Jennie gave her a sly smirk. 

“Does he, now?” Jennie muttered wigglign ehr eyebrows suggestively. Jisoo had to restrain herself from throwing a pillow at her. Instead she rolled her eyes.

“What’s his name?”
“I’m not going to tell you~” Jisoo stuck out her tongue. The others pouted but Jisoo didn’t tell.


+


“You seem happy,” Jumyeon remarked as Sehun plopped down beside him. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were busy arguing in the k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter