Friends, Family

Black Hearts & Pink Lips
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Missed me much?"

 

It was a week until Sehun passed by the park and saw her again, sitting on the same bench as she had a week ago. He had made taking Vivi through the park a daily habit of his. But today, he was just talking  a walk. He approached the bench, her figure coming into closer focus. Her hair was done and she was dressed nicer than he last saw her. Her legs were covered by blue jeans that rose to her waist. She wore a cropped green-knit sweater on top, paired with black ankle boots. A small black backpack sat beside her. In her hands were two containers of bubble tea. 
 
“Missed me, much?” He drawled, plucking one drink from her hands. Jisoo only rolled her eyes at him. 
 
“You know it's impolite to make the girl always pay for everything? And no thank you? Wahhh you really are something” Jisoo scowled at him, shaking her head. Sehun let out a soft chuckle, sipping on his (very good) bubble tea. 
 
“And it's impolite to make one person pay for two bubble teas, a bag of popcorn, chocolate bars, an entire meal-”
“Okay, okay I get it. I get it.” But Jisoo wouldn't be Jisoo if she didn't stick out his tongue when she thought he wasn't looking (which he was but that's a story for another time).
 
“Vivi isn't with you,”
“Nope.”
“... can I have my bubble tea back?”
“If you're using me for my dog I'm using you for the bubble tea”
 
Jisoo smiled - the first time since he sat down. The two fell into a comfortable hush, both enjoying their drinks. Sehun noticed that Jisoo looked a lot better, clean, healthier, and well...happier. “You found a place to live?”
 
Jisoo nodded. “Yep, me and my best friends are sharing a place... You live with your friends, right? What’s it like?”
“Oh god, don’t get me started on those idiots. One of them, Baekhyun, thought it would be a good idea to go down the stairs on a cushion - we have to replace part of a wall now. As well as the kitchen. Chanyeol, a prime example of a lack of brain cells, tried to cook pancakes for us but burned the walls and cupboards instead. Only two of us know how to cook, which is exactly why we live a block away from takeouts.”
As Sehun talked, Jisoo noticed the light the sparkling in his eyes. The affection, admiration, and pure love for his friends. It was part of the reason she liked him, and trusted him enough to not be a psychopathic killer.
 
“You really like your friends,”
“...Yea, yea I do.”
 
Because without my friends, I am nothing, Sehun thought, because without my friends, I would be six feet under by now.
 
 
+++++++++++++++++++
 
“Expelled, huh?” Her brother’s voice crackled through the phone. Jisoo smiled automatically, it had been weeks since she spoke to  her brother. He and some of his other gang members from iKon had to make a trip to Japan. A trip ordered by the big man, YG, himself. 
 
“I have officially beat your record. I been expelled from five schools - and I haven't even graduated yet.” 
“That's my girl. So how's the new school? You gotta boo I need to threaten? Mean girls I gotta deal with?” Jiwon joked, but she heard the serious undertone that made her smirk. For as long as she could remember Jiwon had always been overprotective of her. That's what happens when you’ve seen as much crap as they had. 
 
“Ahhhhh I miss you so much! How's the trip? Has Hanbin done anything stupid yet? When are you coming back?” Jiwon’s laugh sparked through the line. 
 
“Of course the idiot went and decided it would be a good idea to let Junhoe cut his hair. And the trip is too long, I miss my baby

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter