1/2

You, Who Walk By My House Everyday

"I see him again today."

Soonyoung said to Wonwoo through the phone as he fiddled with his pillow, his phone sandwiched between his shoulder and his ear. His eyes were focused on the tall man smiling widely as he waved and greeted every person who passed him. His eyes formed a charming yet at the same time, cute eye smile that made Soonyoung's heart raced a beat faster.

"Can't you just approach him in the first place?" Wonwoo suggested casually, not knowing Soonyoung blushed at his suggestion. He slapped his cheeks lightly while wondering why did he even blush.

"You know I can't, remember? I'm on a wheelchair for God's sake, I have a cold and Jeonghan won't let me out unless I have a company aka you." Soonyoung said annoyingly as he emphasized on the word, you. Yoon Jeonghan was his cousin and Soonyoung been living with the guy ever since high school, wanting to live independently in Seoul. Jeonghan worked as a  in Hankook University Hospital, so his wage was more than enough to support them. 

How Soonyoung can be on a wheelchair? That was another story to be tell.

Soonyoung watched as the guy proceeded his jog and walked away from his house. He let out a discontent cry as he whined at Wonwoo. Neither do Soonyoung know that Wonwoo was very annoyed by his brother and about to burst in anger.

"Can you please stop whining? You sound like a dying fish! Plus, just man up and approach that damn guy!" Wonwoo snapped in annoyance as he abruptly ended the call. 

"Yah! Wonwoo-ah! Jeon Wonwoo!" He called him and Soonyoung took his phone as he stared at it for a while. It's not the first time he's seen or heard the usual calm and nice Wonwoo being angry and annoyed. It always made him surprised. Soonyoung huffed and looked at the man, enjoying his handsome visual for a while. 

The man wiped his sweat and thought that it would be a great idea to turn towards Soonyoung. They made eye contact for a second. Soonyoung's cheeks flushed red as he looked down and waved awkwardly at the guy. The guy waved back too, smiling softly at him before proceeding to continue his jog.

Soonyoung let out a sigh of happiness as he put his arms on the windowsill and placed his head on his hands. He smiled in delight and looked back at the spot where the mysterious guy was standing before. He noticed something on the ground and it was a white towel which Soonyoung noticed him carrying.

He moved his wheelchair to the outside and opened the gate, picking the white towel from the dirty pavement. He knew he was taking a high risk going outside. He will die if Jeonghan ever caught him going outside when he's sick. It's just a cold!

Soonyoung looked left then right, trying to see if the guy is coming back to take his towel back. Soonyoung shrugged as he looked up at the sky, noticing the day started to darken a little.

"I will just return it tomorrow." Soonyoung thought to himself and entered the house with the guy's towel in his hands.

-----

Tomorrow afternoon, Wonwoo was at Soonyoung's house when Jeonghan asked him to take care of his cousin as he had a voluntary medical mission at Sabah, Malaysia for a few weeks.

Wonwoo was at the living room, playing with Jeonghan's cat, Shua, when Jeonghan walked out from his room with his luggage.

"You're leaving now, hyung? I thought your flight was at 7." Wonwoo asked as he stood up from the couch and looked at Jeonghan. He took a glance at the clock. There was still 3 hours before Jeonghan's flight to Kota Kinabalu. Jeonghan just grinned as he took Shua gently from Wonwoo's arms and replied,

"Jisoo is going to pick me up. He want to have a date before I left Korea." Jeonghan poked Shua's nose with his fingers and giggled when the cat rubbed its face on Jeonghan's hand. It was a gift from Joshua Hong, his boyfriend for almost 2 years. They met in a hospital, both were working as interns that time. Soonyoung nicknamed them as the cheesy couple.

"Omg..not that you're going away for so long. It's just three weeks." Soonyoung said in disbelief while looking out from the windowsill, a white towel in his hand. Jeonghan shook his head as he gave back the cat to Wonwoo and asked him.

"What's with him? I never seen him looking out from the window that long." Wonwoo sighed as he rubbed Shua's back. He already know it was the guy's towel even if Soonyoung didn't tell him. It's so obvious. His eyes practically were shooting love whenever he took a smell from that towel and Wonwoo was very disgusted.

"Why do you even smell that towel? I bet it's smell bad." Wonwoo asked, grimacing in disgust and received a pillow right on his face thrown by Soonyoung.

"It doesn't, idiot! I also thought it will be like what you think but it's fragrant." Soonyoung remarked as he crossed his arms and faced his best friend. Wonwoo glared at his best friend and scoffed,

"Yeah yeah, of course it is. It's smell of dirty socks and sweat." Soonyoung glared back and the two were suddenly having an glaring contest. Jeonghan felt uncomfortable between them and Shua was too, seeing how the cat moved away from Wonwoo's lap to Jeonghan's leg.

"Hey, Shua." He greeted the cat that kept rubbing on his leg and picked it up. He looked at the two who kept glaring at each other without any words.

"Umm..you two aren't going to talk?" Jeonghan questioned. Shua meowed, as if it agreed with it's owner. The two stopped glaring as they looked at Jeonghan. He twitched at how intense their gaze were and moved restlessly. He tried to find a reason to get out from the awkward situation then heard a car honking in from his house.

Looking outside, Jeonghan saw Joshua leaning against his car and smiled at him. Jeonghan was thankful that Joshua had arrived. He was wearing a white short-sleeved shirt, topped with leather jacket and wore a pair of ripped jeans, giving him a bad boy look. Jeonghan waved a small hi and Joshua waved back, smiling softly. In a minute, he just transform from some sort of a bad boy to the kind gentleman he was.

"Take care of Soonie and Shua or I kill you, Jeon." Jeonghan said as he put Shua on Wonwoo's arm and took his luggage. He gave Soonyoung a tight hug.

"I'm going to miss you." Jeonghan said as he gripped Soonyoung's shirt and made the said male smiled. Soonyoung hugged Jeonghan back,

"I'm gonna be fine. Now, go. Hyung's waiting for you." Soonyoung said as he pulled away from the hug and pushed Jeonghan to Joshua who's at the door, grabbing Jeonghan's backpack.

"Bye, guys!" Jeonghan bid his goodbye and the house went silent after the sound of Joshua's white sedan engine faded slowly as it left the house.

"So...want something to eat? I'll make some." Wonwoo suggested as he put Shua on the floor and switched on a toy mouse in front of the cat, letting it to play by itself. 

"Sure. I would want to." Soonyoung nodded as he looked out from the window. He knew the man wouldn't appear at this time but he was bored and there's nothing to play with. His phone was dead, Wonwoo cooking some snacks for him while Shua was too absorbed in chasing a toy mouse that Wonwoo switched on to kept the cat from doing any problem.

He huffed as he moved to the couch and lifted himself from his wheelchair to the couch, taking the remote. He decided to watch some series of cliche movies that Jeonghan always record for his movie nights with Joshua.

Wonwoo finished cooking some simple French toast as he walked to the living room, only to find Soonyoung crying at some kind of American drama series.

"Why do you leave her? She loved you so much and you betrayed her." Soonyoung cried as he wiped his crocodile tears with the tissues. Wonwoo shook his head as he took a place beside his best friend and changed it to a Korean drama.

"Hey! I'm watching it!" Soonyoung complained.

"Yeah, whatever. Let me catch this recent episode of DOTS." Wonwoo said, eating the French toast while looking at the drama. Soonyoung huffed in annoyance as he took one toast and ate it. Feeling bored, he lifted himself to his wheelchair and took his camera and the towel, just in case that the man might appear at this time.

"I'm going outside!"

"Okay! Don't hurt yourself." He heard Wonwoo replied before going out to the spacious lawn. The green grass were so pretty and had dew drops, probably because of a drizzle. Soonyoung wondered what will it feel like to walk on the grass with bare feet. Was it going to be nice? What will it feel? Soft? Gentle? Or maybe hard? Rough? 

He sighed as he moved his wheelchair around to the front gate. He smiled as he took some pictures of the roses Jeonghan planted a few months ago. It was growing well.

And then, he saw him.

The man he's looking for.