At first sight

Goodbye for now

A.N: This story is AU and it takes place after the goodbye for now mv.

 

“The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.”

- Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight

 

 

Kyuhyun stared at the close sign on the flower shop, he hadn’t visited for the past two years. As he walked away dishearten, he knew that two years was a long time for someone to wait. He had just returned from his mandatory service. He wanted to know how she was doing, even after they ended their relationship.  

As he continued walking, he saw the bookstore which he had always went with his ex-girlfriend. He walked in just to be greeted by a cheerful voice, he looked up and saw a beautiful man smiling at him. He smiled at the man and went to look for some books.

The man had a very sweet voice, a sweet smile and was probably the prettiest man Kyuhyun had seen. If Kyuhyun didn’t preoccupy himself with books, he would probably be found staring at the man.  

“Do you like to read too?” He heard the sweet and cheerful voice next to him. He turned to look at the smiling face next to him, and replied that he loved reading books. The man introduced himself as Sungmin.

Kyuhyun liked the way the man’s name rolled off his tongue. Sungmin, it was definitely a name to remember. He wondered why he had never seen Sungmin before.

 

------

 

 

“Sungmin, are you new here? I’ve not seen you before.” Kyuhyun asked the man when he got the chance to, a few days later. He watched the pretty smile light up on Sungmin’s face once again.

“I took over the shop after being discharged from army! The previous owner was my mother.” The older man answered Kyuhyun cheerfully. He was like a ball of sunshine, an eternal happiness. Kyuhyun knew that he could fall in love with that smile.

“Do you have a book to recommend?” Kyuhyun watched the man walk over to one of the shelves, picked up a book and walked back to where Kyuhyun was at.

“Here, my favourite book.” The book title was ‘at first sight’ by Nicholas Sparks. Kyuhyun smiled at the title, he knew what the older man was getting at.

“I’ll get this book then.” Kyuhyun walked over to the counter to buy the book. He wanted to return home quickly, so he could finish the book Sungmin recommended to him.

 

------

 

“Sungmin, I’m done reading the book.” Kyuhyun said the moment he walked into the shop, the very next day. If love at first sight was possible, this was probably it. He turned the sign on the door and shut the door behind him.

“That’s fast! I didn’t know you could read so quickly!” The man exclaimed from where he was sitting, behind the counter with another book in his hand.

Kyuhyun walked over to where the man was sitted and handed him a book he kept for years. He spent the entire night writing on every page, the book was his confession.

“This is my favourite book!” Kyuhyun watched as the older man took the book and his eyes ran through the book. He saw the flush that appeared on the older man’s face and smiled. He knew it was love at first sight after all.

 

-----

 

Kyuhyun sat on the familiar chair on top of a building, enjoying the breeze and reading his book. He turned to look when he saw his love walking up the stairs.

“Hey pretty.” Kyuhyun smiled when he saw the flush on the older man’s face. He loved it, he loved everything about the older man.

“Hey kyu.” He smiled, loving how his name rolled from the man’s mouth. He reached out for the older man’s hand and clutched it against his heart.

 

 

“I love you.”

 

 

A.N: for those who haven't watched the mv! here it is!