Part 7

Take Care Of You

I feel him staring at me before I see him. My mind races as fast as it can to figure out who is sitting at the end of the bed, Minseok comes to mind first but then as last night comes into mind, so does the possibility of it being some one else. Without much option I slowly shift, sitting up with my eyes going to find what is causing the bed to dip. 
It’s Chanyeol.
He turns slightly, greeting me with a small smile, and a small pastry bag. I accept the treat and find a doughnut inside. “I was going to wake you up as soon as I got here but I had Hyung’s voice in the back of my head scolding me. So instead I went and grabbed some breakfast, I know it’s not Soo’s food but I didn’t have many options.”
“How did you find me?” I wonder even though it is obvious Min has some sort of security system to let him know.
He chuckles as he munched on his own treat, “I know you pretty well, you were going to go some place you felt safe, this place is basically a massive panic room dressed up as an apartment.”
“Why are you here? Why didn’t Oppa come?”
“That’s actually why I’m here. Hyung got stupid last night and snuck out for revenge on the brats that attacked us in a fit of rage after you got away. Even injured, he managed to wipe most of them out without too much of a problem but he was clumsy. Someone spotted him fleeing the scene covered in blood, the police figured it out pretty fast and grabbed Jongdae and Hyung on their way here.”
“How is all of that possible?” I curse as I scramble out of bed, grimacing at the pain in my thigh, “I was only a sleep for a few hours!”
“Soo, it’s nearly 9:00 PM, you slept for 16 hours.”
My jaw almost hits the floor as I grab the clock on the bed side table, “What the ? Why didn’t you wake me up?”
“All of this has happened in the last few hours so unless you were going to bust into a shoot out, there is nothing you could have done.”
“What about now? What should we do now?”
He sighs as he rubs his face, “Grab your stuff and let’s go.”
 “Right now we have two options. You can tell me that you are scared and want to runaway and I will hand over every penny in Minseok’s study so I you can leave and have a happy life. Or you can put on some pants and follow me down to the police station to lie to the cops so Minseok won’t even have to call his lawyers. It’s up to you.”
“What?”
“I was sent here to get you out of town and keep you under the polices’ radar for awhile before letting you go to live your own life, far away from Minseok.”
I panic, suddenly regretting my decision to run from the compound. Minseok was on his way to send me off, he must not want me any more. Tears prick my eyes, I do my best to fight them off and keep my pride, “If that’s what he wants. I’ll leave.”
“He doesn’t want you to leave, you  ing idiot!” Chanyeol comes around the bed and crouches down to gets into my space. “He thought you wanted to leave him after you found out. I tried to tell him that you still loved him but he wouldn’t hear it.” We both actually chuckle.
“He never wants to listen, does he?”
“Nope, as hard headed as ever.”
I stare at my hands for a moment, my fingers anxiously picking at my nails. Even so close to me, his eyes staring up at me I know he isn’t pressuring me towards leaving. He waits patiently for me think everything over, a kind smile on his face as always. “So, what if I said I didn’t want to leave? What do I have to do to help?” I wonder.
“Hyung needs an alibi, he doesn’t want to use any of our names cause they could just connect us to the crime and make things worse. You have no criminal record and aren’t in the system at all, you won’t raise any red flags. All you would have to do is walk in there and tell them he was with you all last night. You weren’t at the club, never even been to it. Easy as pie. A witness is always the easiest kind of evidence to fix.”
I wring my hands nervously, “but what if his story disagrees with his?”
“Not possible, Hyung doesn’t talk to the police, ever.” Yeol sighs, “Look Soo, I’m going against orders right now by offering you more than one option but you deserve to make your own decision on your future.  Or you don’t have to decide anything! You could lay back in bed wait for Hyung to come back, I don’t know how long that could be but he would come back. Or I could take you to the airport right now so you never have to see any of our ugly mugs again.”
“Or?”
“Or you could put on some pants and go lie to the police.”
“How long would he be in police custody without me going down there?”
He shrugs, “He would hopefully be out by tomorrow but the police here have been gunning for him for awhile. They could stall him with other charges and get him on remand since he is such a flight risk for such a serious crime. He would be in jail and I know for damn sure you wouldn’t be on the visitor list. He would not want you to see him like that.”
I run my hands through my hair with a long sigh leaving my lips. I should just let him be. “How mad is he going to be at us?”
“ing furious. You’ve never seen him mad and I’m letting you know now it is going to be terrifying. Do you think he will hate me?”
“Never.”
“Okay, fine, let me put on some pants.”
He can’t hide the grin on his face, “Thank you.”
I climb out of bed, doing my best to hide my limp and from the way Chanyeol is staring I’m going with I’m not doing too well. In the closet I find a simple black t-shirt dress, an army green bomber jacket that belongs to Minseok, and a pair of converse. Chanyeol gets a phone call and steps out to the hallway as I step into the bathroom to apply a small amount of makeup. 
“Okay, you look great, they are trying to take Hyung into booking before his lawyers get there and Luhan can only stall them for so long.” We rush out of the building to his magically fixed car down on the street. The police station is only five minutes away in the late night traffic, Chanyeol whips into the parking lot with ease and ushers me out just as quickly. The officer at the desk greets us politely, Chanyeol automatically demands a specific detective, I’m assuming the man who dared to arrest my Minseok.
We are asked to wait in the entryway until the detective is free. I’m shaking, only slightly, but enough for Chanyeol to notice. He places a large hand on my back for a small amount of comfort. I’m not nervous to talk to the police, this isn’t my first rodeo. I’m nervous to see how Minseok will react to seeing me here. He’s going to be so mad. 
“Mr. Park,” An older man swaggers up to us confidently. 
From Chanyeol’s cold reaction it’s easy to figure out who this is, “Detective.”
“Your boss really messed up this time,” The man taunts. “All it takes is one mistake to get caught. He let someone see him,” The detective laughs, “Rookie mistake!”
“We are actually here to fix the mistake you made once again,” Yeol snaps back with a growl.
The man raises his brows, “We?”
“Yes,” I stand, hand on my hip and my face set in a very pissed scowl, “We are here because you apparently have some person who saw my boyfriend Minseok leaving a murder scene? This is a joke right?”
“Your boyfriend?” He takes a step back, either surprised by my presence or attitude. “He hasn’t mentioned a girlfriend before.”
“Does he give you regular updates on his life in between you harassing him about ridiculous crimes?” I snap back.
“Last time I checked, nine young men dead is not a ridiculous crime.”
“No you are right, it’s a tragedy. It’s ridiculous that you think my Minseok could have done it. He was with me last night and most of today until I went to run some errands.”
His brows are in his hairline, “Really? We have a witness who saw a man that fits Kim Minseok’s description leaving the scene of the crime.”
I scoff, “And who would have a better idea of where Minseok was? Me, his girlfriend of three months or some random stranger that you probably convinced to describe him?”
“Are you accusing me of something?”
“That depends, are you accusing me of lying?” I step put to him, chin raised high. This isn’t the first time I’ve had to lie to police and I highly doubt this will be my last. With things like this it is all about attitude, if he can tell I’m not confident in my answers he will just keep asking more questions that I might not be able to answer. Which means I cant leave him any room to question me.
He gulps, his eyes moving to Chanyeol behind me, who I am sure is backing me up with his own terrifying glare, “Of course I’m not. I just wanted to make sure I heard you right. We have Mr. Kim in an interrogation room, we were about to bring him down to book him. I just need to hear confirm this story with him before I can do anything else, but as I am sure you know, he doesn’t speak to anyone without his lawyers present.”
“This is ridiculous. Just go in there and ask him what I made him for dinner last night. We were celebrating our 100 day anniversary, I made him pancakes.” I’m sweating slightly but I don’t think he notices. I know Minseok well enough that he would have demanded word for word from Baekhyun what we discussed, pancakes must have come up.
“Chanyeol,” Luhan’s voice echos from down the hall, “What are you doing here?” And then the pretty man’s eyes find me, toe to toe with the detective, his eyes turn to stone. He approaches us with his mouth set in a firm line, first he glares at the detective who quickly takes a few steps back. Chanyeol is the next victim of his hostility, “Chanyeol, I told you to keep an eye on Eunsoo, Hyung wouldn’t want her here. What are you two doing here?”
“She is bailing your friend out of trouble,” The detective answers, attempting to gain his confidence back. “I will be right back, I have to check in with Mr. Kim and the information Ms. Eunsoo gave me.” He turns away and rushes down the hall, sensing the killer vibes the smaller man is giving off.
“What the do you think you are doing?” Luhan snarls under his breath.
“Lying to the police, what does it look like?” I snap back quietly, checking over my shoulder to make sure it’s clear.
He sighs, “Not you dear. I’m talking to the dumb ing giant who has a death wish. Minseok is going to kill you! You are in enough trouble for putting this whole going out thing in her head and getting into a car accident with the most important person in your ing car! Now you want to add putting her on the polices’ radar?”
“Hyung, I didn’t make her,” The giant points out. “I am sorry about the other stuff but Hyung was going to go to jail, I figured she had the right to know and help if she wanted to.”
The smaller man surprises both of us by punching the nearby wall, leaving a clear dent in the in plaster, “It doesn’t ing matter what you thought. You had orders! You don’t go against orders!” Chanyeol does nothing but hangs his head and takes the verbal beating.
“What about what I wanted?” I jump to my friend’s aide, knowing most of this is actually my fault. 
“Look Eunsoo, I hate to act like this in front of you when we’ve only met one other time but it does not matter what you wanted. He had orders.”
“ his orders!” Both men step back surprised, “Minseok Oppa may have been keeping secrets about this stuff but he has never forced me to do anything I didn’t want to do. 
“ his orders!” Both men step back surprised, “Minseok Oppa may have been keeping secrets about this stuff but he has never forced me to do anything I didn’t want to do. Chanyeol gave me the options so he could follow his orders but I wanted to come down here, he followed the orders I gave him and I might not be his boss but I’m pretty damn scary myself when I am forced to do things I don’t want to.”
“That she is.”
All three of us follow the familiar voice down the same hall Luhan had come from. Minseok is standing there with Kris and Jongdae, in dress pants and a black button up, just like Luhan, he looks none to happy to see me there but I don’t care. Without thinking I rush down the hall and into his arms, his grip around me is so tight I can’t breath but it just feels so right I can’t get myself to say anything. 
“I just have one more question for you two,” The detective hums from behind Minseok. My love turns us both slightly to face the man, “If you two were just having dinner at home, why are both of you walking with a bit of a limp?”
I respond before Minseok has the chance to, “What we do in our bedroom is none of your business Detective.”
All four of my love’s friends struggle to hold back their laughs. Minseok and I give the blushing man curt smiles before Minseok turns to lead us down the hall to the exit. The others follow behind quickly, no one dare saying a word. We step out into the parking lot and he suddenly lets me go, taking a few measures steps away to look at me then to Chanyeol. 
With his eyes narrowed on the giant he sighs, “Jongdae, will you please take Eunsoo back to my place? Take Chanyeol’s car.” Everyone tenses, knowing exactly what this means. I stare at Minseok dumb struck for a minute, he’s kidding right? He isn’t going to hurt Chanyeol after we saved him from going to jail, he can’t just expect me to let him.
“Excuse me?” I question with a scoff, “You aren’t just handing me off.”
“Eunsoo, I have to take care of a few things first.”
“Last time I checked you promised to take care of me, that I was your top priority.”
He is looking at anything other than me, “ You are. You always are. I have to do this for you.”
“This thing you are about to do for me, isn’t for me, it’s for your ing pride. You’re just pissed that Chanyeol didn’t listen to you!” I know I shouldn’t yell, that I’m poking a bear but Chanyeol is the first friend I’ve had in a long time and I know how much it would hurt Minseok if he did this to his own friend, even if it’s because of me. I step into his space, my skin buzzing with anxiety, “I’m not letting you do this.”
He steps away, “This isn’t up for discussion, now go with Jongdae.” 
Jongdae steps up, he attempts to grab my arm but I pull away, “Jongdae, I like you but don’t ing touch me. I’m not going anywhere without both you and Chanyeol.” I run my fingers through my hair and take a deep breath before I loose my . Against my better judgement I step into his face again, I just need him to look at me. He be as cold and hostile as he wants when he isn’t looking at me, I’d be an idiot to not know I’m his soft spot. “If you really love me, you could at least ing look at me!”
And he does. His eyes are no longer cold, angry yes, but never cold when they are on me. “Don’t you ever question how much I love you,” He warns as harsh as he can when speaking to me. “This is not the place to talk about this.”
“Then lets go somewhere else and ing talk.”
“Fine.”
He gives all of his men a sharp look as he leads me into the parking lot to a car I don’t know. I turn on my heel the moment I notice Chanyeol heading a different direction with Kris, “No. Chanyeol is with us.” Minseok raised a brow at me but I don’t falter, “With us.”
Both Chanyeol and Kris let out a relived sigh as Chanyeol is permitted to ride with us while Kris is given his keys to meet us where ever we are going. Minseok sets me in the back with the giant while him and Luhan sit up front, I am quick to assume that my love is hijacking the others car because of the accident. Next to me Chanyeol gently elbows me, drawing my attention to him. He gives me a thankful look while offering me a sly fist bump. 
From the direction we are headed I can assume we are headed back to the clubhouse I escaped from earlier, I wish things weren’t so hostile so I could talk to Chanyeol about how I finally met Baekhyun but now doesn’t seem like a great time to mention it. The whole car ride is in silence, the only sound is from outside the car, the faint sound of rain on the windows and other cars passing by. I find myself staring into the same darkness as the night before. The same lights come into view but unlike last night I am able to fully appreciate the compound in front of me without running into it. Chanyeol seems to read my mind next to me, giving me an apologetic smile.
The compound consist of 4 large warehouses, a 12 foot electric fence, and the same guard station I rolled through last night. The guard bows at the sight of Minseok through the window, allowing us in immediately. Minseok parks the car out of one of the warehouses, once he is out of the car he is at my door helping me out. I signal for Chanyeol to keep on my heels as we head inside through another armed guard and two security door until we find ourselves in the same living area as last night. 
“If I let you go, do you promise not to escape?” Minseok half teases.
I shrug, “We’ll see how this conversation goes.”
His jaw clenches as he releases me to turn to the giant right behind us, “Chanyeol.”
As if on command, the tall man drops to his knees and bows deeply, his forehead pressed against the ground, rambling off apologies, “I am so sorry to both you and Eunsoo. I would have never thought those kids would have done what they did but that is no excuse. I know you wanted me to take Eunsoo away but I just couldn’t. Eunsoo deserved the right to decide what she did.”
“Stop talking for once Chanyeol,” Minseok cuts him off. “Sit up.”
Chanyeol obeys.
Minseok sighs as he stares down at him. He walks into the kitchen and opens a random drawer, pulling out a sliver hand gun. My eyes go wide as both him and Chanyeol act so calmly about it. “Chanyeol, do you understand what rules you have broken?”
With his head hung, Chanyeol nods, “Yes.”
“Woah, woah, woah, hold the up!” I step in between the two, not caring about the gun in Minseok’s hands. 
“I don’t think I’ve ever heard you cuss this much.”
I scoff, “I’ve never had to talk you out of killing someone. What happened to talking about this?”
“Disobedience is punishable by death,” Minseok informs me. “This is how I run my business. Just like those boys who hurt you, they disobeyed, they died. Now the same goes for Chanyeol.”
“Shooting a group of down and going against orders to bring me to the police station are two very different things!”
“You don’t understand, my love.”
“Than explain it to me because unless someone is holding me down kicking and screaming, I am not letting you hurt him.”
For the first time since I’ve met him, Minseok looks frustrated, “He put you in the spotlight. The police know about you now. They are going to watch you like a freaking hawk from now, they will try to use you against me or even try to turn you against me. And who knows who will find out about you after that, other gangs, our enemies, anyone and everyone who is not on my side will try to come after you. Because of him!”
I step closer to him, “Than you’ll protect me. I’m not scared of the police. I am afraid of loosing you. And of loosing Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo and the other friends I made because of you.” 
“Since I did a great job of protecting you last time. You have a hole in your leg.”
“I mean, I’m still here, aren’t I? I would say you did a pretty good job.” I give him a hopeful smile.
He sighs, “But he didn’t listen to me. He had orders.”
“As I said before, his orders! Do you think his orders could have stopped me from doing whatever I wanted to do? No! He offered me all the money in your office and ride to the airport because that’s what you ordered him to do. He followed his orders as far as I’m concerned. That is unless you were expecting him to take me there kicking and screaming?”
“No, of course not.”
“Than I don’t see what the problem is,” With one last step we are standing toe to toe. 
His hand comes up and cups my face, his thump gently caressing my cheek, “The problem is I’m scared. I haven’t been afraid of anything since I was a child and now I have this overbearing fear that something is going to happen to you or you are going to leave me. I can’t handle that. You ran away from me and I just felt so much emotion that I lashed out. I was heartbroken. And I understand why you left, I don’t blame you, but I do blame him for bring you back into it.”
“I didn’t runaway, well not really, I just needed time to think everything over. If I wanted to leave, I wouldn’t be here now, I wouldn’t have gone to our home and crawled in our bed, I would have ran with just the clothes on my back. But I didn’t because I love you.”
As if a giant weight has been lifted off his shoulders, he lets out a sigh and smiles, “I love you too.” He drops the gun and fully takes me in his embrace, his one hand guides my face to his into a much needed kiss. All of my anxiety disappears as our bodies press together, fitting like jigsaw pieces.
Someone clearing their throat brings us back to reality and the crowd that has gathered around the room. I glance around to realize all 10 of Minseok’s other friends have joined us, I bury my face in my love’s neck to hide my blush, laughing awkwardly.
“So from the look on Hyung’s face I take it she talked him out of killing you,” Baekhyun screeches cheerfully from behind me. I pull away to look at him and Chanyeol, both staring up at us hopefully.
I look back at Minseok with my brows raised, “Yes.”
“Yes,” Minseok agrees with a sigh. “But only because you made the decision. If he ever tries to pull the same with the club again, I won’t be as forgiving, everyone understand?”
“Yes, sir!” The room responds before rushing over to Chanyeol to hug him tightly. I pull away from Minseok to join the line, excited when it is my turn to hug the giant. 
He beams at me, “Thanks Soo.”
“I figured it’s the least I could do, I mean without me, how would you survive?” 
“I wouldn’t. Now, as much as I would love to give you a big hug, I just barely escaped death row. Lets not test Hyung’s patience,” The whole group looks over at Minseok who is eyeing the lot of us suspiciously.
“Good call.”
……….
Six months later
“This is a joke right?” Minseok snickers over us, glaring down at the half a dozen of us sitting around the living room table. We all freeze, our eyes wide both surprised and doing our best to look innocent. “I believe there is meeting in ten minutes with the group from Japan at our building ten minutes away. Why are you all in my home?”
“I believe the real question is, why are you home?” Kris is the only one brave enough to point out. And he earns a solid kick in the from the smaller man for opening his mouth.
“Because I am the boss and can delegate my work to my underlings, which is why Luhan, Yixing, and Suho are there. You are all supposed to be there as well for back up, not playing games in my house with my fiancée.”
Baekhyun does his best to suppress a smile as he mumbles, “He’s just mad cause he wanted to come home and play with her.”
“ing out!” 
I sit down on the couch, dying of laughter as Minseok pulls a gun on the lot of them to shoo them out of our home. They all throw their cards in their rush, Kyungsoo almost in tears, I’m sure he had a good hand for once. Sehun and Kai’s long limbs are stumbling over one another’s but they finally make it out the door with Kris, Jongdae, and Kyungsoo on their tails.
“See you late Soo!” Chanyeol yells over his shoulder as he also makes it out the door.
“Baekhyun!” I call as the man reaches the threshold. A small black pistol is lying where he sat moments ago, I pick the hunk of metal up with my long shirt sleeve and rush it to him.
“I don’t have germs,” He teases.
“I don’t need my finger prints on that thing for as often as you loose it. Who knows what kinds of crimes it could be linked to.”
“Even I don’t know how much blood is on that gun, lets keep it that way,” Minseok interrupts us by slamming the door in the others face. He sighs, “Just one day, I would like just one day to not see those s. If they aren’t bothering you, they are bothering me. They need lives.”
I chuckle as I drag him back into the living room, “You love those s.”
“I do, but I would rather come home to just you, hopefully you’d be wearing something ier than your work uniform, not that you don’t look beautiful,” He looks down, giving me an appreciative grin. 
“Well, since I picked up that lunch shift today I have all of tomorrow off. So how about we redo this? You go pretend to come home again and I’ll put something a bit more comfortable on?”
His grin widens, “That sounds like a wonderful idea.”