Part 2

Take Care Of You

I tie my hair up in a bun, groaning as I have to change into one of the uniforms in the back. A few curls escape but I’m in too much of a rush to care at the moment. With a pen and a note pad I rush back into the seating area. All the tables are full for some reason today, high schoolers and office workers fill the spots at every low table. I glance at the clock, 4:30, I still have a few hours before I have to get over there. With a big smile I approach my first table, I greet them politely, kneeling next to the table I get each of their orders before heading back to the kitchen to fill it.

I glide through the tea house with my tray in my hand, something I’ve done 1000s of times before, serving, clearing and setting, and repeat. I’m in a flow, helping the other servers with their tables when mine are content, it isn’t until I get my next table that I start to falter. Sitting cross legged at the table is Minseok, and he does not look one bit happy. I briefly consider pawning it off on of the other servers when our eyes lock and I know I have no other option. With my head hung like a child who was caught doing something wrong, I shuffle over to his table and kneel down beside him.

“It is six o’clock,” He tells me with stern look.

I nod.

“You have been here for 12 hours.”

Again I just nod.

“I thought your shift was done at two?”

“It was… but two of our servers didn’t show up and the new host has never taken tables before so I had to do it.”

He nods, letting the information soak in before taking the tray out of my hands and waving it at one of the boys. Chanwoo, one of the younger servers comes over looking frightened under Minseok’s glare, “here.” Minseok hands him my tray and note pad, “She’s going home.”

“Oppa,” I try to argue but his glare shifts to me and I seal my lips.

“If anyone has a problem with this please send them to me,” Minseok tells both of us before sending me to the back for my things. I emerge a moment later to find Minseok speaking to Jinhwan, the host that took over. Jinhwan is a few inches shorter with a just a pretty face and only slightly less killer atmosphere. I approach hesitantly, once Minseok sees me he offers me his hand that I quickly take.

“You have quiet the boyfriend,” Jinhwan notes.

“Thanks, he’s pretty amazing,” I smile at said man with adoration.

He rolls his eyes, “I was being sarcastic but anyway, get out. If you would have told me that you had to work tonight I wouldn’t have asked you to stay.”

“You are still new, I didn’t want your day to be stressful.”

“I would much rather deal with stress than your boyfriend’s death threats.”

I look at Minseok, who seems to suddenly be interested in the ceiling. I roll my eyes at him, “Have a good night Oppa, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“No you will not. I talked to the boss, he will be coming in tomorrow morning to help Hanbin bake and I’ll be hosting with Donghyuk, so sleep in tomorrow.”

My eyes narrow on him, “What the hell is going on?”

“You are getting a well deserved day off, you never ask for them so we are just giving it to you, so enjoy it. Enjoy him,” He wiggles a brow at me.

“Thanks I guess.”

“Come on,” Minseok pulls me along, tucking me under his arm once we step out into the chilly wind. We walk through the little garden in the front of the restaurant before heading out to his car that is parked right in front. He opens the door and seats me inside before going over to his own and climbing in. He somehow manages to pull out into evening traffic like it’s not even there, switching lanes and passing other cars like a professional. We make it back to his house faster than we made it to work this morning. Like last night he pulls into the garage and helps me out of the car.

“What are we doing here? I have to go to work soon,” I remind him almost timidly.

“After you shower and eat something. I already called and said you would be few minutes late due to a problem I caused,” He informs me as we arrive at his floor and walk to his door. “You haven’t eaten all day.”

I shrug, “I usually don’t until I get home.”

“That won’t be until midnight at the earliest.”

Again I shrug.

He shakes his head and sits me down at one of the tall chairs at his kitchen’s island. “I’m not the best cook but my cooking is going to have to do,” He informs me with an apologetic smile.

I can’t find myself to be irritated at this man when he smiles at me like that, I smile, “So what do you eat than if you don’t cook for yourself?”

“Kyungsoo likes to cook so he cooks for us a lot, that or I eat out a lot.”

“So what is the special occasion that you are breaking out your skills?”

“You need to eat a home cooked meal.”

I nod, “Fair enough. It’s be a long time since I’ve cooked for myself at home. It would help if I had proper ingredients for a nice meal but is asking too much.”

He stares me down for a moment before taking a deep breath and mumbling softly, “How about you go shower while I cook?”

“Sounds good,” I hop up before I realize, “I don’t have any thing to change into.”

“Look on the bed,” He tells me over his shoulder as he begins digging in the fully stocked fridge. I a brow at him but obey, peeking into his bedroom I see a cream colored shopping bag on the bed. I dig through the bag, finding another new pair of shoes, pants, and a black button up. As much as I love not having to buy my own clothes the price tag makes me choke. With a huff I storm back into the kitchen and glare at him.

“Oppa!” I snarl. The man turns around in front of the stove, confusion on his face, “We can’t do this!”

His face drops into something that has me taking a step back. His jaw is clenched, eyes ready to kill, “What?”

“You…” I suddenly loose my ability to speak under that gaze. “You…um…this… You can’t buy things for me.”

“Speak clearly love. What can’t we do?”

I take a deep breath, “You can’t keep buying these expensive things for me. I can just go home to get my things.”

His face softens as he clutches his chest, “Don’t scare Oppa like that.”

“I didn’t mean to scare you but Oppa, I’m being 100% serious, you can’t just do that stuff. We have been dating for not even a full 24 hours and you have spent so much money on me.”

“I want to spoil you,” He tells me simply.

It’s hard to fight that, “I know you do but for my own dignity, stop buying me things I already have. I mean they may not be this fancy brand but it’s stuff I worked my off to buy so please respect my decision.”

He leaves the stove to come to me, his hands cup my cheeks, his thumbs cares them gently, “How else am I supposed to take care of you?”

“Oppa, you are doing a great job of taking care of me right now. You have made sure I’ve had a full belly the last two nights, that is more than anyone has done for me in a long time. You get me safely to work, hold me tightly at night, that’s all I really ask for.”

He groans, “Fine. I won’t buy you any more presents, for now at least. Now go take a shower, we can grab some things from your place tonight.”

“Sounds good,” I give him a quick chaste kiss before rushing off to the bathroom. In the bathroom I quickly discard my dirty work clothes and hop into the running water. I know I don’t have much time but I find myself fascinated by his fancy shower, switching on the different modes, finding the raining setting the best. Water pours from the ceiling, I close my eyes and tilt my head back, enjoying the feeling and letting the conditioner run out of my hair. So distracted by my, dramatic in the rain, moment I don’t notice Minseok leaning against the counter humming along to the music playing on my phone. He makes me jump when he holds out a tooth brush with tooth paste on it into the shower. “Holy !”

“It’s just me,” He chuckles.

“You could have given me a warning,” I snap back with puffed cheeks.

“Here, take this, I imagine you haven’t had the opportunity to these last few days,” He offers the tooth brush again.

“You didn’t buy me a tooth brush.”

“You are right, I didn’t, this is mine, now use it before I change my mind.” I take it and brush my teeth in the pouring ‘rain’ while Minseok watches me resting up against the wall. “I see you are having fun with my shower.”

I nod, “I’ve always wanted one like this.”

“Well now you have one at your disposal.” I finish brushing my teeth and washing my hair before turning off the water and accepting a towel from him. “I’ll have everything ready when you come out,” He tells me as he returns to the kitchen. I take my time getting dressed, noticing how the nice fabric feels against my skin, and using some of Minseok’s hair products to style my curls. I scan myself in my all black uniform, thinking I look good enough before going out to join Minseok at his massive dinning room table. It makes me think of an old movie where the couple would be sitting on either end of the long table with a massive centerpiece in between them so they won’t have to talk to each other.

Thankfully he didn’t set our spots up that way, we are at one end of the table, he is at the head and I’m in the chair on his right, no more than two feet away. Even with such little distance between us he has my chair pulled closer to the corner, he eagerly pours soup and rice into my bowls. We makes small talk as we eat, he asks about my day, I do the same but get the same short answers.

“I should get going,” I groan glancing at the clock.

“If you don’t want to go, don’t,” He tells me simply as he scoops up our dishes.

“But I have bills to pay and a mouth to feed, I can’t depend on you for every meal, though I have eaten more since I’ve known you compared to a normal week,” I hum with satisfied pat on my belly.

He frowns, “Why not?”

“Because, we literally just started dating, I don’t need to be clinging to you, that isn’t the most attractive thing in the world.”

“I love the idea of you depending on me.”

My eyebrows go up, “Do you?”

He nods.

“Well when I need to depend on you, it’s good to know I can but I’m not really the type of person who does that a lot.”

“I can tell.”

“That’s not going to be a problem is it?”

He sighs, “No. Plus I feel like I’ll be able to break down that wall in no time.”

“What makes you so sure?” I scoff.

“Because Love,” His voice softens, as if he is talking to a young child, “I see how much you want to depend on someone. I notice how you hold me tighter in your sleep because you don’t want to be alone, how you get as close to me as possible because you are aching to be near someone. I see lots of things.”

I gulp and look away, feeling embarrassed by my unconscious need for affection. It’s not my fault, it’s been so long since someone has held me like Minseok does, or looked at me like I was the brightest thing in the room. He sets down the dishes and gently guides my face back to him.

“No need to blush Love,” He smiles softly, his lips press gently against mine in a chaste kiss. “I know loneliness as well, I search for you in bed when you manage to slip through my arms. I ach to be closer to you, not just anyone, only you. I have seen lots of women try to get close to me but I didn’t want them anywhere near me,” His nose scrunches with disgust. “But you, I hate the idea of you being away from me, after only knowing you for two days. I don’t know what that means but I’m not letting you go before I find out, understand?”

I just nod, a bit taken back by his sudden confession.

Once again his kisses me, “Good. Now lets get you to work.”

………………………………

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” I groan as I flop down in the break room.

Seungcheol shrugs, “There is nothing I can do for you. This came from the top, I can assume you know who. You are not allowed to work past midnight.”

“But that is ridiculous! We close right at midnight, I’ll miss an hour or two of clean up and if you guys try to kick me out earlier I’ll miss the best tips.”

“You are lucky I got it to midnight. He wanted you out of here at ten.”

“I’m going to kill him.”

“I think he is just concerned,” The younger boy places a hand on my shoulder. “From what I hear you have a killer schedule, enjoy your few extra hours of sleep or whatever,” He wiggles a brow at me.

“You little .”

“You called?” Jun, another bartender, pops his head in.

“I’m kicking the new girl out already,” Seungcheol tells the younger boy.

“Calling it already? What the hell?”

I raise my brows at Seungcheol, “I think I should have to stay too but apparently I have no say in the matter.”

“You can say whatever you want but it has to be in the man in the suit who signs our checks. He should be at the bar by now.”

Jun looks from me to Seungcheol confused, “Who is she saying whatever she wants to?”

“Wanna see something funny?” The older drags Jun back out into the bar area with me on their heels. Sitting there in the middle of the bar is Minseok looking absolutely amazing in one of his suits, but also looks incredibly bored until his eyes fall on me. He completely ignores his two workers, who bow and greet him properly, I’m sure it takes all of his self control not to jump the bar and run to me, his face says it all.

“Oppa,” I place my hands on my hips and glare at him, “What is this I hear about me not being able to work late?”

“Hyung-“ Jun whispers to Seungcheol behind me but the older man cuts him off with a quick shush.

“Love, I’m sorry but you work way too much. I’m just trying to help you out, if you won’t let me spoil you with presents, I will happily spoil you with food and attention but for me to do that, you need to not be working constantly.”

“I appreciate that very much but I have bills to pay!”

“Those should go down since you are never home.”

“I do plan on going home at some point! In fact, I’m going home tonight!” I stupidly decide in the moment, “Since I’m off early I can go home and relax, perfect!” I clap my hands like I’m actually excited.

His brows furrow, “You are going home?”

I nod, “That is what people do.”

“I want you to come home with me.”

“I know you do but I’m going home, you are free to come with though I don’t imagine you would enjoy it. I’m not in a great area, my apartment is miniscule compared to yours, my fridge is empty, my bed is old-“

“I’m coming with.”

I stutter, “W-What?”

“I’m coming home with you.”

“Are you sure?”

He hums, “Yes. Now lets go.” With my hand in his he lifts it up high so we can walk hand in hand past the people sitting at the bar. I’m trying not to laugh at the confusion on the patron’s faces as our hands go over them until we reach the part of the bar that raises up, allowing Minseok to finally pull me into his arms for a kiss.

“Was that necessary?” I chuckle.

He hums, “Yes, I’ve been wanting to do that since I saw you. Once I get my hands on you it’s hard to let go, even for a second.” I roll my eyes at him but allow him to me from the building, not before waving to my coworkers, noticing the dumbstruck look on Jun’s face as I go.

The ride to my apartment goes how I expected, Minseok don’t even try to hide the distaste on his face as we drive through my falling apart neighborhood. He parks halfway down the block from my apartment, making sure to lock his car but we both know it does very little to scare anyone away. If anything is keeping the old men on my street at bay it’s Minseok’s icy glare. His arm is around my shoulders, tucking me against his side to hide me from their lustful looks.

“Eunsoo-ya!” One of the men call happily, I can’t even begin to remember the name of this man when he spouts random worries, “I was starting to think something happened to you!”

Minseok looks to me to respond but when I give him the I-don’t-even-know-who-this-guy-is look he brushes pass him without a second thought. The moment we are inside my apartment he mumbles something under his breath.

“What was that?” I somewhat muse.

“I said,” He snarls back, “What kind of place is this for a single girl like you?”

I chuckle, “Well I’m not single anymore.”

He huffs, we reach the shaky elevator, “That’s not what I’m talking about. Do you have any idea what could happen to you if you continue to live here?”

I roll my eyes, “Same thing that could happen if I lived anywhere. I know it’s dangerous,” I look up at him with wide eyes and a cute pout, “That is why I brought my big strong oppa with me to scare them away!”

He wants to be mad. I can see it in his eyes and the way his hands clench but he just kisses the top of my head with a sigh, “That’s right, Oppa will scare them away and keep you safe.”

To be honest I wasn’t expecting that response, I was expecting more scolding and warnings, not this weird sense of comfort from his words. We step out of the elevator and walk down the hall a bit to reach my door. As I release him to undo my three locks Minseok stands over me like a body guard, his eyes narrow, flashing from one end of the hall to the other. The minute the door is open he is ushering me inside and locking the door behind us.

“I told you, you wouldn’t be a fan of my neighborhood.”

He glares softly at me, “There is a difference between not being a fan and being concerned for your safety.”

“Well than it’s a good thing I have you here! Now you don’t need to be concerned!”

He sighs, “Do you have anything here that we can make for dinner?”

“Nope, I told you my fridge is empty.”

With a huff he stalks around my tiny studio apartment right to the kitchen where he opens the small fridge to find exactly what I told him, “There is a single egg and three bottles of water in here.”

“Really?” I pout, “I thought I at least had two.”

He ignores me and scans the counters and all the cabinets, “Two pieces of bread and a candy bar. That is all you have.”

I sigh and nod, “I told you.”

For a moment he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, pinching the bridge of his nose he mumbles, “Baby please tell me this is a joke. That you somehow snuck away when I wasn’t looking and hid all of your food just to scare me.”

I chuckle, “Oppa, when would I have snuck away? I’ve been at work or with you, since we met. I eat a lot at work,” I somewhat lie.

“I will be back,” He blurts out as he stumbles to put his hoes back on and rushes out the door, “Lock the door!” He yells as he stalks down the hall.

I hesitantly close the door and lock it, as ordered. I curl up on my couch with a blanket and flip the TV on. I should get ready for bed but I just wait for Minseok to come back. The idea of falling a sleep alone suddenly scares me after years of doing it. It scares me, the intensity of my affections for this strange man seems unreal for someone like me. He isn’t the first guy who has tried to get close to me, not the first guy to offer me dinner or a warm bed to sleep in, but he is the first for not ask for something in return for his ‘kindness’. After twenty minutes I get the sudden fear that he might not come back. What if I scared him away? What if he realized how unworthy I am for his affection?

I’m on my feet, ready to rush out in search of him without any shoes when there is a knock on the door. I basically sprint across the floor, a whole four strides, to reach the door to peek through the peep hole. Minseok is there, I rip open the door and wrap my arms around him.

“Hello there Love,” He drops whatever he is holding to hold me. “What happened? Are you okay?” He releases me to scan my body.

“I’m sorry, I thought you weren’t coming back or something! I know it’s is ridiculous but I started to worry and-“

He kisses me softly, both shutting me up and calming me down all at once, “I’m not going to leave you.” He confirms without hesitation, “I needed to get some food in you.”

I look down at what he had dropped to find Chinese food from a local restaurant and bags of snacks and drinks from the 24 hour convenience store down the block, “Oh.”

“I know it isn’t the greatest but it is something. We can figure out what you actually need tomorrow but I figured this would hold us over for now, is that okay?”

My heart is melting, “Thank you so much,” Once again my arms are flung around his neck. He just chuckles as he grabs the bags in one hand and my waist with his other, managing to get back into the apartment without setting either thing down. He puts the food on the counter and drops me off on the bed. I expect him to join me but he returns to the kitchen.

“Oppa,” I whine.

“I’m getting the food, I bought plenty so I hope you are hungry.”

“Always!”

He comes over carrying two containers, he had split the saucy chicken into the two before dumping rice on top, making little bowls since I didn’t have any. The moment he sits on my bed I know he is irritated.

“I know it ,” I say before he has the chance to. “It’s bed, that was my only requirement.”

He sighs.

“Okay, sir, as much as I appreciate the food, I don’t appreciate the judgy looks. I know my fridge was empty, I know my apartment is falling apart, I know my hours are horrible, I know my bed but it’s all I’ve got. I’m lucky that I have a job, that I have a rook over my head, that I have at least a few things in my fridge, that I have some place to sleep at all!”

“Oh baby,” He puts his food down, his arms wrap around me in a tight hug. “I don’t mean to offend you. I know you have worked hard for all you have. I just wish I could give you more.”

“Just being here is more than enough right now.”

Once again, he sighs, his hand caresses my cheek gently, “When are you just going to let your Oppa take care of you?”