Part 4

Take Care Of You

I’m back from the dead! Hope you missed me! I will be updating my other stories (I am an alpha, Bad girl, and All my idols) some time in this next week! Hope you can be patient with me for a little while longer! Please let me know how you feel about this chapter, I love feedback!

 

“No!” I cry when I hear my phone go off at five in the morning, “This is supposed to be my day off! I’m supposed to sleep in and lay in bed all day!” I glare at my phone when I see my boss’s name light up the screen, “Seunghyun oppa, I know I told you to call me whenever you need me but not today! I’m so tired!”

He sighs, “Eunsoo, I’m not calling to call you in, there was a fire at work.”

I snap up in bed, suddenly not so tired, “Oh my god! Is everyone okay?”

“Everyone is fine, no one was in the building, the police are starting an investigation to see if it came from inside the building or if someone started it from the outside.” He pauses to talk to someone else before coming back with another sigh, “I just wanted to let you know that we will be closed for a little while.”

“How long?”

“I haven’t had a chance to see all the fire damage but from what I can see out here, at least a month. I know you could move on and easily find another job but I really hope you will stay on and return when I can open again. But if you can’t afford to I completely understand!”

Now it is my turn to sigh, normally I would quit. I would leave without question because in the end, my well being comes first. But now, at least for however much longer, I don’t have to worry about whether or not I have enough food in my fridge or if I can afford my electricity bill. My savings is fuller than it has ever been, I could save even more if I accept Minseok’s demands for me to move in with him. My fingers run through my hair, “I’ll stay on.”

I can hear him tapping his feet happily, even with the sounds of cops and firefighters going on around him, “Thank you! You have no idea how much I appreciate you!”

“You are welcome, you are just lucky Minseok oppa has been scolding me about working too much.”

“Thank him for me too! I have to call the rest of the staff before anyone shows up, you have a good time sleeping in, seems like you need it!” The line goes dead, leaving me to just glare at the screen. I sit there thinking for a few minutes, I can’t remember the last time I just had one job. Two is usually my minimum, I have never wanted free time, I honestly don’t know what to do with it. I think of Minseok, will he be completely over the moon? As much as I hope he is, there is a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that if he has me as much as he really wants he will realize that the idea sounded much better in his head. I push that idea away for now, I’ll deal with it when we get there. For now, I’m going back to bed.

………

A clatter in the living area of the apartment has me snapping up in bed for the second time this morning. I pause there for a moment, waiting for another sound that follows a few moments later. The clink of metal sends me to the closet to retrieve the bat Minseok had put there for me. He doesn’t trust me with guns so this was my only option. I tip toe down the hall into the living room, seeing nothing from my position I continue towards the kitchen.

I freeze in the archway of the kitchen when I see a man on the other side of the island. With his back to me, all I can see of this stranger is his light brown hair that is shaved on the sides and longer on top. I scan him as I creep closer on my tip toes, the bat held at the ready. He is cooking. There are pots on the stove, produce and meat on the counter. He is humming softly as the knife in his hand clicks against a copping board, the sleeves of his light blue button up are rolled up to his elbows. I question myself, maybe I should ask who he is… I shake my head, if I do I’ll loose my element of surprise. Yes, swing now, ask questions later. With a deep breath I swing the bat not expecting the man to turn around.

Or to catch it.

He catches the bat and before I can be amazed by that he is jerking the bat forward with me still holding on. I meep when he presses the horror movie sized knife to my throat, his eyes fixed on my face. My hands release the bat and rise up on their own, showing my surrender. He stares me down for another minute, studying my face, giving me a moment to do the same. To be honest, I find him incredibly handsome, soft features, full lips, freckle dusted cheeks, and those eyes. This glare…

“Kyungsoo!” Chanyeol snarls as he suddenly appears in the doorway I had just came from.

“Oppa,” I whine, not taking my eyes off of Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo sighs, he pulls the knife away before signaling me to go sit at one of the stools on the other side of the island with the knife. Like a scolded child I obey and sit down. The two man share a look before Kyungsoo sighs once again, placing the bat on the counter he turns his back to me. I look over my shoulder to Chanyeol who is still glaring at the other man.

“What are you guys doing here?” I ask softly.

The giant finally sighs and joins me at the counter, “Since you have the day off I figured it would be nice to have a fresh, homemade breakfast, hence Kyungsoo here in the flesh.”

“I see.”

“I’m sorry, I thought I would catch you before you made it this far and I wasn’t expecting that,” He gestures to the bat.

“I wasn’t expecting to find a man cooking in the kitchen this morning so I was just a little freaked out.”

He rubs his neck awkwardly, “Yea, Eunsoo-ya, meet your Kyungsoo oppa. He isn’t much of a talker.”

I nod, “I can tell.”

“He isn’t the friendliest guy we have but man he can cook.”

I think back to the little lunch box from yesterday, the half I ate was really delicious, “Yea what he made yesterday was really good.” Nervously I look back to the wide eyed man and mumble softly, “Thank you for that yesterday by the way.”

He hums in response.

I look to Chanyeol for what else to say, he just shrugs, “That’s all you are going to get from him. How about we go sit in the living room while he cooks?” Just as we are about get up and leave something comes flying at Chanyeol. I don’t realize what it is until Chanyeol catches it only inches away from his face.

It’s a throwing knife.

Chanyeol doesn’t even look surprised, just pissed, “Really?”

The smaller man doesn’t say anything just places the fruit he has been chopping up into a little bowl on a tray before placing that tray on the island and sliding it over to me. A beautiful traditional breakfast is set up for me, stew, rice, delicious looking kimchi, my mouth is watering just looking at it. My eyes shift back up to Kyungsoo, who I find has been staring at me. Our eyes lock and with that knife still in his hand and gestures from the tray to me.

“He wants you to eat all of it,” Chanyeol explains.

“All of it? This is for like three people!” It’s not an exaggeration at all, the amount of food could easily feed the three of us.

“As much as you can. He’s still upset that you didn’t eat all of the food yesterday.”

“I was busy.”

The wide-eyed man just tuts.

“That’s not a good enough excuse for him,” The giant basically translates. “It’s his job to keep you fed and he has never failed a job but you not eating your food is making him look bad so he is going to make sure you don’t know what hunger is these next couple days. Our other jobs were put on hold to keep an eye on you after what happened at your work. Hyung is a worrying mess, you need to call him.”

I pull the tray closer and take a few bites, humming happily at the delicious taste, “How does he know what happened already?”

“It was on the news, Kyungsoo reported it to Hyung.”

“I doubt he will be worried for long, the minute I tell him my latest decision I’m hopping he will be over the moon about it.”

“Latest decision?”

“My boss called me this morning and asked me to stay on staff for when he reopens, I said yes so I’m down to just one job for a little while.”

Out of the corner of my eye I notice the two men sharing a look, “Hyung is going to be excited to hear that.”

I pause and look over at Chanyeol, “Really? He’s not going to get annoyed having me around all the time?”

“Are you actually asking me that?” The giant laughs, “If he had it his way you would never leave. He would keep you locked in here forever!”

I’m blushing down into the bowl in front of me when Chanyeol is suddenly cut off. I look up to find Kyungsoo once again glaring at the giant, “Are you saying things you shouldn’t be saying? Minseok oppa is going to kill you.”

“Forget what I said, here, just talk to him,” The large man pulls out it phone and places it on the counter facing me.

Two seconds later Minseok’s face shows up on screen looking none to happy, “Yeol this better be good.”

“I would say I’m pretty amazing,” I muse, ignoring my food for the man on the screen.

“Soo-ya!” He hums back just as happily, “Are you okay? I heard what happened, is everything alright?”

“Of course I’m okay, I was in bed when it happened.”

“Do they know what happened yet?”

I shrug as I realize Kyungsoo is glaring at me. I gulp as I begin shoveling food into my mouth to at least attempt to get myself out of trouble.

“Woah, there love you don’t want to choke,” Minseok scolds over the phone.

“Sorry this is just really good!”

Minseok tsks, “Kyungsoo is standing over you watching isn’t he?”

“He sure is!” Chanyeol answers for me.

“Eat well but not rushed.”

I nod, slowing down my bites, making sure to keep an eye on Kyungsoo. “How is work going?”

He sighs, “It’s boring. I would much rather be home.”

“I would prefer that too.”

“Great! Now that you two have had your mushy moment I’m going to take my phone back!” Chanyeol tries to steal the device but stops when he sees his boss, his friend, glaring at him.

Minseok snarls, “Park Chanyeol if you try to take this phone I swear to god I will murder you. Take Kyungsoo and go wait in the living room.”

“Why do we have to go?”

“Because she is eating, now go.”

Both men gulp as they rush out of the kitchen, basically tripping over each other to get out. With both of them I pick up the phone with both hands and smile at him.

“Thank you.”

He smiles in return, “For?”

“For everything. The food, the company, it’s been a long time since I actually missed people.”

“I’m happy you aren’t alone, though I wish I had better options for your company.”

I chuckle, “Everyone has been fine. Chanyeol oppa is very exciting. Jongdae oppa seemed really responsible and nice. Sehun and Kai Oppa were a bit weird but okay nonetheless. Kyungsoo oppa is the only one who isn’t the nicest but his food is delicious!”

“Sehun and Kai?” Minseok his head, “You met them?”

I nod, “They came to the café and made me sit down and eat something.”

“Those boys are over achievers.”

“Did you not send them?”

“Nope, I had just been mentioning that I was wondering if you had taken a break at work early yesterday morning. They must have wanted to make sure on my worries. I’ll have to talk to them about that.”

“I don’t want them to get in trouble! They were very kind.”

“They are not in trouble Love. I just want them to let me know when they check up on you so I can rest my uneasy heart.”

I tsk, “You worry too much from what I hear.”

“Oh my sweet girl, if you saw what I have seen you would understand my worry. I don’t want to talk about that though. I actually have to go to a few meetings now so I will leave you to your day off. Take a good nap, eat well, and just relax okay?”

I nod, “Oaky Oppa, have a good day at work, I’ll be here.”

“I’m happy to hear that,” He hums happily. “I love you Soo.”

My cheeks flush, “I love you too Oppa.” I hang up as a massive smile spreads across his face. I don’t think I can ever get used to such beautiful man saying that to me, my heart stops whenever he would ever get close to saying it.

“You guys are not what I was expecting,” Chanyeol points out once I put the phone down and slide it cross the counter to him. Him and Kyungsoo join me in the kitchen again, the large eyed man is quick to push my food back at me.

With a sigh I pick my chop sticks back up, “What do you mean?”

“He is so gentle with you. His voice never gets loud, always soft, even when he’s just talking about you, he relaxes right in front of your eyes. It’s just not what I was expecting when our hyung told us he was in a relationship.”

I nod, knowing my assumptions from yesterday are right. Minseok isn’t angel, I could have figured, but I honestly do wonder what he is like to other people. To even his friends, who seem to shake in their boots from just a glare over video chat.

“You have her mind wandering,” A deep voice hums. I look up, Kyungsoo is looking down at the dishes he is cleaning but it has to be him…there isn’t more people here, is there?

“Don’t worry too much about what I said,” Chanyeol chuckles, “I’m just saying it’s nice to see him so happy and relaxed. How about we go out today? Go have some fun?”

Kyungsoo stops washing dishes to glare, if his hands were free I can almost guarantee he would throw another knife at him.

“What do you want to do?” I ask eating my breakfast slowly.

“Well I have to run some errands but Minseok hyung doesn’t want to leave you all by your lonesome, and I doubt you want to stay with Kyungsoo so how about we go run my errands, get some lunch, and I’ll have you back in time for your afternoon nap.”

I shrug, “I have nothing better to do.”

The sound of metal grinding brings both of our attention to Kyungsoo who is sharpening his kitchen knives, his eyes fixated on Chanyeol.

“What?” The giant snaps.

Kyungsoo just glares.

“She doesn’t want to stay with you so unless you want Kai and Sehun busting in here, she is coming with me. You can come along if you are so worried.”

“Worried?” I question.

Chanyeol tsks at the doe eyed man before looking back at me with his usual fun expression, “Go get dressed, I need to talk with Kyungsoo a little more.”

“But,” I look down to my half eaten food, surprised with myself that I’m even thinking about eating more.

“After,” Kyungsoo’s deep voice hums surprisingly soft.

Chanyeol nods in agreement, “Of course, after you finish your food!”

………………

“Are you okay waiting in the car for just a few moments alone?” Chanyeol turns around in his seat to look me in the eye when he asks.

“Of course, I’m not a child,” I tsk. “Just crack the windows at least.”

The giant laughs at that, even Kyungsoo’s lips quirk, “Okay, Kyungsoo and I are going to check in on a few things. It’ll take 15 minutes at most. We just need to drop off our reports on our last jobs.”

I nod looking out the window at the tall glass building, “This is where Minseok oppa works?” It’s one of the tallest buildings in the area as far as I can tell.

Kyungsoo chuckles.

“Sort of,” Chanyeol responds with a laugh of his own. “So you are sure?”

“Get out before I change my mind,” I warn.

The two men climb out of the car and slightly jog into the building. I rest easy in the backseat of Kyungsoo’s car. It’s less flashy than Chanyeol’s and Minseok’s but just as luxurious. It seems brand new, smells clean, almost like bleach. I ignore the strange smell and just stare blankly out the window. It had started to snow on our drive here, making everything seem so much colder.

I’m only sitting there for a few minutes when a man comes up and knocks on the window. I stare at him through the window, realizing that they are completely tinted. He looks about Kyungsoo’s height with dark brown hair that is slicked back out of his face. A face that is incredibly handsome, strong brows, thin nose, sharp jaw, straight out of a fashion magazine. In a neat navy suit and long wool coat he looks absolutely professional, I imagine him on the top floor of the skyscraper behind him sitting at a large wooden desk.

He knocks again. I debate with myself about responding. Minseok would tell me not to. This man could be dangerous, Minseok’s voice rings in my ears. The man his head as he stares into the window of the passengers seat. He knocks again. From the way he continues to look the vehicle over I begin to think he must know Kyungsoo. What if they are friends? Kyungsoo doesn’t seem like the type to have many friends. What if he is one of Minseok’s friends? Wouldn’t it be rude to ignore him? I climb into the front seat and roll the window down slightly.

“Hello?” I answer nervously.

The man jumps back startled, “Oh, hello, sorry, I must have the wrong car.” He scans the vehicle over, confusion written all over his face.

“Are you looking for someone?”

He comes closer, an awkward smile on his face, “Yes, this looks like the car of a friend of mine. I thought you were him.”

“Are you looking for Kyungsoo oppa?”

“Kyungsoo oppa?” He questions, brows knitting together in confusion. I don’t have a chance to respond before those chocolate brown eyes go wide and he blurts out, “Eunsoo!”

I bow my head slightly to greet him, “Yes?”

A bright smile spreads across his face, “Hello! I am your Suho oppa!”

I hum for a minute, thinking back through names mentioned, “You were in charge of the drunk boys last night, right?”

That smile falters, “What?”

“That’s what Jongdae oppa told me. He said that you had to take the drunk boys home, that’s why he had to take Chanyeol oppa to pick me up. Am I wrong?”

“Oh!” He chuckles, “You are very right!”

“How was that? I met Kai and Sehun oppa yesterday, they seemed like they would be a handful.”

“They have a tendency to cause a lot of chaos, it gets even worse when Tao gets involved,” He grimaces. “Things were fine until they got a little too crazy and created a big mess.”

I laugh, “I’m sorry to hear you had such a stressful night. Didn’t you get to at least have a little fun?”

“A little. But when I start to have fun things get worse.”

“You seem very gentlemanly, I find that surprising.”

“Men like me are never what they seem, you shouldn’t just base your opinion of people on their looks.”

“If you aren’t what you seem, please do tell me what you are.”

He chuckles as he shakes his head.

“If not yourself maybe one of your friends? I hear Minseok oppa fits that saying very well.”

“Oh I would not suggest it. Hyung would murder us,” He blanches. “Speaking of which, what are you doing out here all by yourself?”

“Chanyeol oppa had to run some errands. Kyungsoo oppa came along but remembered that he needed to do a few things inside as well. So here I am.”

“It’s freezing out here. How about you come inside with me? I’m heading to the same floor as them,” He suggests.

“But what if they come out right after us? Won’t they be concerned if I’m not in the car when they get back?”

Suho gives me another bright smile, “If they were so worried they shouldn’t have left you in the car. Come on now Soo-ya.” He taps in the code on the door above the handle before pulling it open for me.

I hesitate for a moment.

“I’m freezing, please can we go inside? I’ll have someone make some hot chocolate for you. Hyung says you like it.” Suho holds his hand out for just a moment before just taking my hand and pulling me out. Without releasing my hand he reaches pass me to turn off the car and close the door. He loops our arms and drags me along inside. We step into the warm building and are automatically greeted by three beautiful women who are bowing a full 90 degrees.

“Welcome Mister Junmyeon,” They say in unison.

“Hello ladies,” He responds, “This is Miss. Eunsoo, please bring a cup of hot chocolate to my office for her.” We continue on our way pass them, through a beautiful black marble lobby and straight into the elevator. He finally lets me go and sheds his long wool coat and folds it in his arms. I dance on my toes nervously, suddenly feeling anxious about this whole thing.

“Junmyeon,” I mumble softly.

He looks over at me, “Yes?”

“I thought you said your name was Suho?” I edge away slowly.

“Suho is a nickname my friends gave me.”

I don’t respond, I just think of every possible way I could possibly escape and remind myself that I’m an idiot for following some random guy. He watches me intensely for a few seconds before the elevator dings and the doors open. I don’t follow him when he steps out, I just stare at him with a firm grip on the railing.

“Eunsoo,” He sighs, “There is no reasons to look so concerned. Here,” He pulls out his phone and dials a number, it only takes me a moment a figure out whose.

“Yes?” Minseok’s voice echoes in the small metal box.

“Hello Hyung, I’m here with your little Miss. She seems worried that I’m some strange man trying to abduct her so can you please put those worries to rest so I can sit her down and get her something warm to drink.” Minseok responds, I can’t hear it this time, Suho nods a few times to whatever the older man is saying, “I’ll make sure to do that when I see them, here is Eunsoo.”

He hands me the phone and offers me his hand to continue on. I take both the phone and his hand and allow him to take me along, knowing Minseok is just on the phone eases the anxiety in my heart. “I’m sorry,” I mumble into the phone.

“Hello Love, what are you apologizing for?”

“For being such an idiot. I swear I’m not usually this skeptical of people.”

Minseok chuckles, “One of the first things you told is that your parents told you to never get into a car with a stranger.”

“And I felt like an idiot then!”

“My sweet girl,” He coos, “You don’t need to apologize for being suspicious of people. I demand for you to call me whenever some man comes up to you claiming to be my friend and asks you to come with him. I don’t want you getting taken away more than you do.”

“I’m just confused, I thought that I would only be meeting Chanyeol oppa.”

“I thought so too but everyone feels like doing whatever they like. Don’t worry I will have a talk with them when I get back. For now, Suho is going to watch over you. I’m going to be coming back as soon as I can okay?”

Suho lets go of my hand but continues to a large desk just like I pictured. I sigh, “Please do. I miss you.”

“I miss you too.”

We hang up, I return the phone to it’s owner to just stand there wringing my hands nervously. Suho gestures to the large, comfortable looking chair on the other side of the large desk while he takes one of the two for guests. “Please sit,” He offers looking down at some paper work that was on the desk.

“Isn’t that your spot?” I point as I shuffle closer.

He stops and looks over his shoulder at me, “Don’t you know whose office we are in?”

“Yours?”

“No, this is Hyung’s office. He needed me to look over a few things and fax them to him. He would want you to sit in his spot. It’s the most comfortable spot and it’s the farther from me which he would like.”

I go over and sink into the large chair, “Wow,” I hum. “This is comfortable.”

“Told you,” The man gives me a handsome smile, “just don’t tell Hyung I said that, he’ll kill me if he knew I like to spin in his chair when he is gone.”

I laugh, “I won’t tell if you tell me something.”

He raises a brow, “What exactly would you like to know?”

“What does Minseok oppa do for a living? I mean an exact job title and description.”

“Why so curious?”

“We’ve been dating for a whole month and I honestly could not tell anyone who asked me what he does for a living other than own the restaurant that I work at.”

“I can imagine how that would be frustrating. Minseok runs a billion-dollar organization that makes and distributes different kinds of equipment and products.”

“Runs?”

“Yes, runs. He owns the building we are in now.”

I take a moment to let that sink in, I knew Minseok was loaded but this is a different level. “And what do you do?”

“I help in whatever I can,” He explains simply looking back down at his papers. I decide not to press him, he answered my question about Minseok, he doesn’t need to explain himself to me. I just spin around in the chair before one of the women from before comes in and gives me a large mug of hot chocolate, marshmallows roasted on top and everything.

After another few minutes of mindless spinning and sipping I freeze when I realize Suho is recording me. I stare at him with big eyes, the mug still held up to my lips.

He laughs, “I’m sorry, I just thought that Hyung would enjoy this.”

“Does he talk to you about me too?”

“He tells all of us about you, constantly.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be, it calmed the masses when we all found out you weren’t some psychotic witch.”

I a brow at him, “Is that his usual type?”

Suho cringes, obviously realizing he has said too much.

“No need to respond, I’m just going to go with a yes on that.”

“Please do not mention this.”

“Mums the word,” I chuckle. Suho returns my smile with one that is almost blinding.

The double doors to the office open suddenly, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are standing there looking as frightened as could be. Suho looks over his shoulder at them for just a second, “Oh good you’re here.” He stands up and straightens his suit, giving me one more beaming simle, “Give me one moment, Eunsoo-ya.”

The two men come forward, Chanyeol leading with an apology on his tongue, “Hyung, I’m-” He doesn’t get the chance to finish it. Suho turns and takes two steps before punching the giant in the face, sending him to the ground. Kyungsoo, from our altercation this morning, could have easily blocked it but takes the blow when Suho comes for him, ending right next to the giant on the floor.

I just stare, honestly shocked by the situation in front of me.

Suho shakes his hand out, “You are lucky the others are out of town. You are lucky Hyung is 500 miles away or you would be dead right now.”

“Hyung,” Chanyeol tries again but clamps his mouth shut the second Suho’s eyes narrow on him.

“Hyung wants me to specify that that this is not Eunsoo’s fault. If it is anyone’s fault that this was brought to his attention I will admit it was mine. I was confused on why Kyungsoo’s car was here, I opened the door and she was inside, understood?”

The two men are staring down at the floor, “Understood.”

“Good, now that that I relayed that message let me give you one more. You are idiots. Absolute ing idiots. I can’t even begin to honestly tell you most things running through my mind with Miss. Eunsoo in the room but let me just start with how irresponsible you are for leaving her alone out there.”

“I told them it was okay!” I blurt out, looking away the moment the words are out of my mouth, afraid of some kind of snap back.

Instead I get a soft voice, very different from just before, “Do you really think that changes things? Hyung told them to watch over you, to take care of you while he is gone. Would he have left you alone if you told him?”

I shake my head, “No.”

“Then they should have done the same. You make think I’m being too cruel but you don’t understand what would happen if something were to happen to you while you were in their care.”

Both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol visibly stiffen.

Suho turns around to continue his scolding, “You both understand what would happen correct?”

“Yes Hyung.”

He sighs, “I need you to remember that. She is in all of our care now, since you two cannot be trusted on your own,” Kyungsoo’s eyes snap up. “Kyungsoo I know you are going to be angry but I don’t think you’ve realized how important this is. I know how you think this is stupid and pointless but you cannot let that effect how much care you put into the situation. If Minseok comes back and finds so much as a scratch on her we will all be in trouble. Regardless of your feelings he is trusting us to take care of the person he cares for most. Now I need if I can trust you guys enough to take her back home where she needs to be.”

“Of course!” They respond together.

Suho sighs again as he straightens his suit, “This is your only second chance, don’t make anymore mistakes.”

The two men shift on to their knees and bow with their foreheads pressed against the marble floor, “Yes Hyung, we are sorry.”

“Great, now get up,” The two jump to their feet. Suho turns to me, “I am very sorry that you had to be here for that. Please do know I am not usually the one handling these issues so you will never see me act like this again. Now these two gentlemen will be escorting you home where you can rest on your day off. I will be there in a few hours with the others once they finish their work.”

“The others?” I my head confused.

“I heard that the others were introduced yesterday, Kai, Sehun, and Jongdae? They will be joining us for dinner.”

“Why all of them?” Kyungsoo growls.

“It was just going to be Sehun and Kai joining you this evening, Hyung’s orders, after one of his meetings went bad he thought you could use the extra company but after this whole little mess I think Jongdae and I should come along to keep an eye on everyone.”

“So we are being babysat?” Chanyeol scoffs.

“ doesn’t it,” I can’t help but chuckle at my own words.

All three men look at me with a warning glare, though both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo’s are playful. Suho seems completely done with the situation and picks up his things to go.

“I will see you all this evening,” He gives each man one last solid glare before walking out the double doors. The moment he is gone it’s as if a massive weight was taken off our shoulders.

“I thought he was going to be a nice one!” I blurt out.

Kyungsoo raises his brows at my out burst.

Chanyeol laughs, “Hyung wasn’t nice to you?”

“I mean he was but in that friendly serial killer way.”

“Yea, he can be a bit of a hard but he was right, I’m sorry for leaving you out there.”

I roll my eyes at him, “Don’t. It’s ridiculous that I can’t be left in a car on the street by myself. Are you guys okay? He hit you pretty hard.”

“We are fine. Hyung may have looked tough and scary there but he’s not much of a fighter,” He rubs his jaw, opens his mouth to stretch it out, before giving me a beautiful smile. “All good.”

“We should go,” Kyungsoo hums coming around the table and offering me his arm. Now it’s my turn to raise my brows.

Apparently it’s Chanyeol’s turn too, “Speaking and being gentlemanly, Do Kyungsoo what has gotten into you?”

Kyungsoo takes one of my hands and wraps it around his arm, pulling me out of my seat and towards the door, “Following orders.”

“By keeping her as close as possible?”

He nods.

“I mean you could pick her up? That way she couldn’t run away?” Yeol offers with a chuckle. Kyungsoo freezes and looks me up and down for a moment.

“Don’t you dare.”

…………………

“You know I can cook,” I point out to Kyungsoo, sitting patiently at the kitchen island.

He hums from the stove, quickly making something for lunch.

“Are you any good?” Chanyeol pokes fun. “Hyung never says anything about it.”

“Oppa isn’t a fan of me doing any kind of work when I’m not at work, especially with my crazy schedule. The minute I am home, I am off the clock and not allowed near cooking or cleaning equipment.”

“What do you make?”

“I’m great at making western foods!”

“Do you know how to make breakfast foods? Kyungsoo made pancakes for us once and they were amazing but he said they were too sweet so he never made them again,” His bottom lip starts to poke out the more he speaks until he has a full pout.

“Pancakes sound amazing!”

Soo pauses what he’s doing to glare at Chanyeol over his shoulder.

“Come on Soo!” Yeol basically begs, “Eunsoo would really like them! Think about the brownie points you could get with Hyung for making her so happy! You are going to need them after this morning.”

“Please Oppa!” I give him a big smile. “I’ll even call up Minseok oppa and blame this morning on Chanyeol oppa. I’ll say he basically dragged you out of the car.”

“Hey!” Yeol pouts once again.

“Do you want pancakes or not?”

He clicks his tongue, “Fine!”

Soo laughs, “Okay.”

We joke around a bit more, eat lunch together, and head into the living room. They let me pick what we watch, I turn on a random superhero movie, enjoying the way Chanyeol’s eyes light up at the sight of the Deadpool intro. After a couple movies, Kyungsoo brings out some snacks, followed by a few rounds of a card game. I honestly did enjoy my time with the two boys. They seemed to work well together, balanced each other out with Chanyeol’s incessant chattering and Kyungsoo’s five word limit. I don’t even realize how late it is until Suho comes in with four men trailing in behind him. Three I automatically recognize, the last one in line doesn’t ring any bells.

He is tall, taller than even Kai and Sehun, with tan skin and large bags under his eyes. The moment out eyes lock he gives me a handsome smile like they all do. I begin to wonder if Minseok made them practice that kind of reaction.

“Hi,” I greet from where I’m curled up with a blanket on the living room floor. Both Soo and Yeol are in the same position, resting their arms on the coffee table, still focused on their cards in their hands.

“Are we interrupting something?” Kai chuckles coming in closer with out hesitation.

“Yes, you are,” Soo snaps briefly looking up from his cards to glare at the younger.

“Wow,” Sehun mumbles, “Hyung is actually speaking.”

“Last time I checked you and Sehun aren’t really talkers yourself but went out of your way to talk with Eunsoo yesterday,” Jongdae retorts.

Kai just snickers as he settles down on the U-shaped couch behind Kyungsoo.

“Who is this?” I lay my cards down, much to Kyungsoo’s irritation.

“Tao oppa,” The tan man responds.

“Nice to meet you Oppa, would any of you like to be dealt in?”

“No,” Soo snaps back for them.

“Oh shut up,” Yeol clucks, “We are both being slaughtered anyway.”

Jongdae comes closer, scanning over the score sheet Soo has next to him, chuckling at the score difference, “She is beating them by 400.”

Soo sighs and lays his cards down, “I’ll start dinner.”

“Oppa, come on! One more round!” I try with big puppy dog eyes.

He glares at me for a moment before picking up his cards. He studies them, he picks up one from the deck, lays another down. It’s a queen. With narrow eyes, both men watch me scan my cards as if in thought, when I know without a doubt I have a winning hand. I smile at them as I pick up the card and lay my hand down. Four kings and three queens counting the one Kyungsoo just gave me.

“!” Both men throw down their cards.

I fall back laughing my off.

“Why did you give her a queen?” Yeol roars

Kyungsoo jumps to his feet, “Damage control.” He stomps off, leaving Yeol and I to tally up points.

“Good thing we didn’t put money of this,” Chanyeol sighs.

My eyes scan over the well dressed men watching over our shoulders, “Maybe we should.”

………………..

Minseok POV

The next night

I rest my head against the door and sigh. Never again, I swear to god never again. I am not leaving her for that long ever again, I have never been more excited to back. I’m so excited to kick Suho and Kyungsoo out so I can take my beautiful girl to bed. With that thought in my mind I push the door open and step in. I am not expecting much, maybe the sound of the TV or music playing, I am absolutely not expecting cursing and people shouting. On quiet feet I slip through my apartment, through the dinning room to the kitchen, where I find delicious smelling foods. Kyungsoo is there, a small smile on his face, cutting up apples and oranges into little bunnies. He has a whole tray full of fruit, different kinds of Korean pancakes, and rice balls.

He freezes mid cut, his eyes snap up to me. I nod my head to him as a silent greeting, he is quick to return the motion. My love is not in the room, I shuffle around the corner into the living room where most of the noise is coming from. There is a large group surrounding my coffee table yelling and cursing while one specific voice stands out. It’s my sweet girl with her hands in the air and a big smile on her face, cheering loudly.

“I swear you are rigging this!” Kai accuses playfully.

“It’s all luck, not my fault you don’t have it,” She retorts with a smug smile as she pulls a massive pile of cash into her lap.

What the hell is going on?

I stand in the doorway dumbstruck by what is going on in front of me. My members, top ranking soldiers in the largest gang of Asian history, men who have spilt so much blood they could drown in it, cold blooded killers, drug runners, are playing a card game curled up around my coffee table getting beaten by my Eunsoo. I had told Chanyeol to be unconditionally sweet to her, from the looks of it he passed that note along to all of them. They are all smiling at her, even Sehun and Tao are showing their teeth at the sound of her victory cheer.

It honestly feels surreal watching the situation in front of me. I have never seen her so full of energy and glowing like the goddess that she is. Though there is a pinch of jealousy in my chest that other men are making her smile, I can deal with it as long as that smile never fades. But the fact that she can smile so easily when I have felt nothing but anguish since the moment I left her does upset me slightly. Her eyes go to something under the table, her phone I’m assuming.

Chanyeol notices and snatches whatever it is away, she glares at him, “Oppa, give it back!” She reaches for the device in his hand.

“I will when you stop checking it every ten minutes. I told you, Hyung won’t be home until the morning,” The giant dangles the phone in front of her face.

“He could get back earlier,” Suho tells them, dealing out a new game.

“He’s here,” Kyungsoo informs the whole room. I glare at him over my shoulder, he walks pass me to gently place the large tray in the center of the coffee table. All eyes shift to where I am creeping in the door way. The playfulness in the room disappears with the knowledge of my presence. My members are not smiling, they seem stiff in their seats, their eyes drop the moment I make eye contact with everyone of them. They bow their heads in respect.

Eunsoo scans the room confused, “Why is everyone so quiet suddenly?”

No one responds.

She shrugs before jumping to her feet and running at me, “Oppa!” She yells happily, wrapping herself around me. I give them a warning glare, the men turn around, giving me a moment with my sweet girl. My arms curl around her, bringing her even closer.

“Hello baby,” I smile into the crook of her neck.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were back?” She pulls back a bit to look at me.

“I wanted it to be a surprise, I wasn’t expecting this when I got home.”

She looks over her shoulder, “Suho oppa told me it was just supposed to be him, Soo oppa, and me but since neither of them are big talkers I figured we could have a little party again.”

“Again?”

She nods, “We played last night too. It makes time go by a lot faster.”

I just hum as I scan her gorgeous face. My fingers glide across her golden cheeks, noting the slight pink hue. I so rarely see her without makeup, she works everyday and claims makeup is a necessity there. Now here she is completely barefaced, in a pair of my sweatpants and one of my t-shirts, and she looks completely breath taking. How in the world could I have left this girl behind, even if it was for only three days.

An awkward cough brings me back to reality where Eunsoo is blushing and my soldiers are looking away bashfully, “I think it is time we should be going.” Suho decides.

Eunsoo pouts, “But you just dealt a new game.”

“I’m sure Hyung wants to spend some quality time with you,” He stands, the others follow suit, though a bit hesitantly.

Her cheeks puff out, something she only does when she wants to say more but thinks she shouldn’t. She wants them to stay, even if just for the game she wants them to stay. It must have been a long time since she played a game with friends. My poor lonely girl.

“You can stay,” I announce.

The men freeze and stare at me with wide surprised eyes.

“Everyone sit back down,” I order. They quickly obey, taking the seats they had before. I encourage Eunsoo to lead me back to her spot, which she does happily. She takes back her spot on the ground, I sit behind her on the couch with her in between my legs. “Please continue.”

“Are you sure Boss?” Chanyeol wonders.

I nod, placing a casual smile on my face, “Eunsoo is having fun and Kyungsoo just made snacks, it would be a shame if any of this was wasted. Please continue,” I order again.

The first few minutes are a bit awkward, my soldiers suddenly afraid to do something to Eunsoo to offend me. After one round though, the awkwardness fades away, the room once again fills with curses and laughs and Eunsoo’s victory cheer. I sit back and enjoy the scene, turning down Eunsoo’s offers to be dealt in. There is a mischievous glint in her eye every time, as if she is trying to hustle the ones from my wallet as well. By the time they call it quits she has to have at least three hundred dollars in ones and fives.

“Next time bring smaller bills boys,” She tells them as they get up to leave, “Or I’m going to be expecting your fancy watches in the pot.”

“Next time?” Sehun questions eyeing me up.

I lean forward, resting my elbows on my knees, “Whenever you boys are free, feel free to play a game or two.”

“Thanks Hyung, have a good night you too,” They bow and go.

Eunsoo is still resting between my legs, she leans back so her head is in my lap. I run my fingers through her hair, massaging her scalp gently. She sighs, “I missed you.”

“I missed you too my dear Eunsoo,” I lean down farther and kiss the top of her head.

“You aren’t leaving again any time soon are you?”

I shake my head, “I’m not leaving you alone ever again.”

She smiles, “Good.”

“Though I am happy to see you made some friends.”

“They were forced to be nice to me,” She tries to inform me.

“They were forced to be here and be polite, they were not forced to be so kind to you, they were not forced to play games with you. They like you, why is that so hard to believe?”

“Because I already have you and I still can’t believe that I’m this lucky.”

“I’m happy I’m not the only one still starstruck by what fate gave me.”