Chapter 9

The Neglected Twin

After a few days, Sungmin’s parents and Sunny were surprised to see Kangin eating breakfast at their dining table so early in the morning while Sungmin cooked a lot of food for breakfast. They didn’t even know that Sungmin knew how to cook.

 

“Since when did you two become bestfriends?” Sunny asked.

 

“Not bestfriends. Boyfriends.” Sungmin marveled the shock on his parents and Sunny’s face. He dragged Kangin out of the house as fast as he can after that. “I think they’ll kill me when I get back home.”

 

“Wanna spend the night over at my house?” Kangin asked.

 

“Nah. It’s okay. It’s been a while since I had some fight and drama with my family but I’ll be fine.”

 

True enough when Sungmin arrived home, Sunny instantly accused him of stealing her boyfriend. “You stole Kangin from me!!! What did you do to make him your boyfriend? You must have threatened him!!! There’s no way he’s gay!!!”

 

“I thought it’s been a while since you’ve caused some trouble but then, here you are claiming to be gay with your sister’s ex-boyfriend!!!” Their father said angrily. Of course, he wouldn’t want a gay son.

 

“The breakfast you made earlier was delicious.” Their mother said. Father and Sunny glared at mother for ruining the atmosphere. “But I’m still disappointed in you for being gay, Sungmin.” The mother added.

 

“First, you were disappointed in having a son. Now, you’re disappointed in having a gay son. I wonder how much more disappointment I can give you.” Sungmin said sarcastically before locking himself in the safety of his own room.

 

In a few minutes, he got a call from Kangin. “Are you okay? Did they get angry?” Kangin asked in concern.

 

“It’s just the usual. I’m fine.” Sungmin said but of course, he isn’t fine. “ that. How can I be fine living with this family?! They shouldn’t have given birth to me. They should have just killed me when I was born.”

 

“Sungmin, calm down. I’ll be coming over, okay? Don’t do anything stupid. Don’t you dare!!!” Sungmin hung up on him. Kangin was starting to panic so he told the taxi driver to drive faster. He tried dialing Sungmin’s phone but Sungmin wasn’t picking it up.

 

“Kangin, please tell me you’re not Sungmin’s boyfriend. It isn’t true, right?” Sunny asked when Kangin arrived in the twins’ house.

 

“I love him in a way that I’ve never loved you.” Kangin told her coldly and hurriedly went to Sungmin’s room.

 

Sunny stood in the same spot in shock and felt like fainting. “It’s okay, Sunny. You’ll get over him.” Her mother tried to comfort her.

 

In Sungmin’s room, Kangin breathed out a sigh of relief to see that Sungmin was alive and kicking. “You didn’t pick up your phone. I thought you were going suicidal.”

 

“I just wanted to finish packing quickly.” Sungmin said as he folded his clothes neatly and placed it in his bag. “I don’t think I can continue living here any longer.”

 

“Where are you going to live?”

 

“I don’t know. I’ll look for an apartment I guess.”

 

“You can stay at my place.”

 

“No, I don’t want to bother you and your family.”

 

“You won’t be a bother. You’re going to be a part of our family anyway after I introduce you to them.”

 

A part of our family. Sungmin liked the sound of that but he really did wonder if Kangin’s family would be able to accept him. In the middle of their packing, Sungmin’s father barged in Sungmin’s room.

 

End of Chapter 9

 

A/N: Dun dun dun dun... what will happen next? Hehehe! comments please?