Chapter 10

The Neglected Twin

“I’m not going to allow two gay people doing something indecent in this house!!!” He announced but then, he looked confused because Kangin was just putting clothes in the bag while Sungmin was holding a trophy. There were a lot more trophies and medals aligned on the cabinet.

 

“We’re not doing anything indecent. We’re just packing my things because I’m leaving.” Sungmin said as he wrapped his trophy in a cloth and placed it in the box. He did the same thing to his other trophy.

 

“What are those trophies and medals?” His father asked. His eyes were stuck at the gold trophies and medals.

 

“Looks like you don’t know that Sungmin won some martial arts, swimming and piano competitions.” Kangin said smugly. “You probably don’t know that Sungmin had topped his class last year and ended up in 3rd place of their overall batch.”

 

“You don’t have to tell him those things, Kangin. He doesn’t care.” Sungmin said in a dull tone.

 

“Sungmin, why didn’t you tell us about any of this?” His father asked. The anger in his voice had faded away.

 

“Do you ever remember a time when we had a father and son talk?” Sungmin asked but his father only replied him with silence. “Never so how am I suppose to tell you when the only time you speak to me if when you scold me about getting into trouble again. You or mom just never cared to get to know your son because all you wanted was a daughter and Sunny was just the perfect daughter, isn’t she?”

 

It was the first time that Sungmin saw some guilt written all over his father’s face. His father simply continued to stand there as Sungmin and Kangin finished packing things up. When Sungmin was finally ready to leave, Sungmin’s father finally spoke. “Stay. Let me and your mother make it up to you.”

 

Sungmin was tempted to stay. Isn’t this what he wanted? To finally have his parents attention. “Maybe I’ll come back someday but for today, I really want to leave this place.” Sungmin remained firm on his decision and left his house with Kangin.

 

Sungmin didn’t regret his decision because as soon as he arrived in Kangin’s house, he was instantly welcomed by Kangin’s family which he never experienced in his own house with his own family. That is also when Sungmin met Kangin’s younger brother named Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin instantly clicked together and became close friends. Kangin was even getting annoyed at his own brother because the only time that Sungmin and Kangin can spend time with each other is after school but now that Sungmin is living in their house, Kyuhyun had been stealing Kangin’s time with Sungmin.

 

It’s been a month since Sungmin had started living with Kangin’s family. One time when Kangin tried to separate them, Sungmin actually got angry at him. It was the first time they ever had a fight. Sungmin continued to ignore Kangin for two more days. On the third day, Kangin decided to hang out with Heechul instead.

 

“It’s 9pm already. Why isn’t Kangin home yet?” Sungmin wondered.

 

“Maybe he’ll spend the night at Heechul or something. I saw them leaving the school together.”

 

Sungmin was instantly worried. His hand reached out for his cellphone and started to type a message for Kangin.

 

“I’m actually hoping that something might happen between Kangin and Heechul.”

 

Sungmin paused from texting when he heard what just Kyuhyun said. “What do you mean by that?”

 

“I really like you, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun confessed. Sungmin was very shock at Kyuhyun sudden confession that he wasn’t able to avoid or push Kyuhyun away from kissing him.

 

End of Chapter 10

 

A/N: Dun dun dun dun... *sound effects*  Comments plase?