Chapter 5

The Neglected Twin

It was just another day with Kangin trying to friendly and nice to Sungmin.

 

“Hey, Sungmin! That box looks heavy. I’ll carry it for you.” Kangin offered his help.

 

 

“No. I don’t need your help.”

 

But Kangin insisted, as he tried to grab the box away from Sungmin but Sungmin pulled it back. The box that was being pushed and pulled was suddenly thrown open to the ground with its contents spilling out.

 

“Where are you taking Sunny’s clothes?” Kangin asked as he saw the female clothes inside.

 

Sungmin was in full tense. What was he suppose to say? What was he suppose to do? Luckily, he was able to think of a quick excuse. “She doesn’t need these old clothes anymore.”

 

“But what about the wig? Why does she have a wig with her own hairstyle?” Kangin said as he picked up the wig and examined it.

 

Sungmin simply watched as Kangin tried to analyze things. He observed as the expression on Kangin’s face showed confusion to shock.

 

“There’s no way Sunny would wear a wig. These clothes aren’t really her type of clothes.”

 

Sungmin took a deep breath as Kangin said those words. Surely, Kangin figured things out by now.  “Sungmin, were you disguising yourself as Sunny?” Kangin asked. He picked up the skimpy outfit that Sungmin wore when they first met. “The night I saved Sunny from those erts, it was actually you right?”

 

Sungmin kneeled down on the ground and started putting the clothes back inside the box. He grabbed the last clothing from Kangin’s hands and placed it in the box as well. “Since that night until before you and Sunny became an official couple, we had been spending time with each other. You’re just lucky that the real Sunny likes you so when you confessed to her, she immediately accepted you to be her boyfriend.”

 

“You pretended to be Sunny and fooled me? No, not just me but probably a lot more people out there. How could you do that?!?!”

 

“What the heck are you being angry about? I stopped already a long time ago okay?!?! Besides, I’m throwing these things out!!! I also made this cut on my face so nobody would mistake me as her.”

 

“Sungmin, you’re really a terrible person. No wonder your family doesn’t get along with you.” Kangin said before walking away.

 

Those words really stung Sungmin’s heart. “That’s what everybody says.” Sungmin replied bitterly.

 

End of Chapter 5