The Stalkers

Never Forget

Ji Young and Minji entered the building with the DSLR hanging on Ji Young's neck ready to capture evidences and a small notebook and pen on Minji's hand ready to record via taking notes everything that will happen. Inside the DSLR's small bag which is hanging on Minji's shoulder, are Kisses and candies that were placed by Ji Young right before they entered the building. We're going to need that, Ji Young said as he believed it. Both of them took the elevator and pressed the 8th button. It's only them inside the elevator. "Are you nervous?" Ji Young asked while waiting for them to arrive. "Nervous?" "This is your first time stalking, right?" "Yeah, right. I'm not nervous at all. I'm excited." "And why are you excited?" "Because it's thrilling. We'r going to dig into someone's life without any permission. I'm excited with the results, the outcome. I'm excited to finish this task." Minji's face was determined. "I have to warn you..." Ji Young remembered Minho saying this. "...stalking is really tiring." Minji looked at him. She was about to respond but they have arrived. TING! "Door 283." Ji Young said, analyzing which way to go, left or right, right or left. Minji followed her with her eyes, observing around and expecting to see Se Joo coming out from Dollar's place. "There it is." Ji Young pointed at the door. They walked closer to Dollar's doorstep when Ji Young suddenly stopped. "Wait." He stopped Minji from walking by blocking her way. "What?" Dollar's door is opening. He's about to go out and they have to hide. They quickly run to the exit which is 2 meters away from Dollar's door and hid there. "Now this is what makes it thrilling." Minji murmured. Ji Young opened the exit's door, enough to see Dollar clearly. He saw him passed by them. Thank god. He was wearing black jacket with big hood. He was waiting for the elevator's door to open. Why do I feel like what we're doing is very wrong, Minji thought and was waiting for Ji Young to give the cue, the cue to follow Dollar. "What's happening?" Minji whispered. She was standing behind Ji Young. She can't see anything because of his back. "Let's go to the ground floor, now!" Ji Young said, holding his DSLR tight and went down quickly. Minji was surprised. It was so quick, like a blink of an eye. She followed Ji Young who is quickly going down. From 8th floor to ground floor. Yes, they're using stairs and Dollar on elevator. Who will arrive first at the ground floor? "Wait." Minji was starting to get tired but not stopping. She was struggling with the DSLR bag. It was falling. Ji Young was not talking at all like 'Hey, Minji. Please be fast! We have to arrive first!'. He's so fast. "3rd floor." Minji barely read. She's losing her breath so she stopped for a while to rest. She was panting with sounds. "Oh god. Hah!" Ji Young is out of sight already. She has to catch up. "Why is he so fast?" she continued going down in a faster rate than before. FINALLY! Ground floor. She arrived panting really hard. She had lost all of her energy. HAH! "Ji Young?" Her voice was almost like a whisper. "Oh god." "Minji!" Ji Young grabbed her wrist, pulling her to the building's entrance and sat on one of the benches, acting like nothing happened. As they sat, the only thing that Ji Young can hear is Minji breathing heavily. "You're being obvious." Ji Young said. Why is he not panting at all?, Minji thought looking at him. "You run so fast. I have to catch up. And I'm not good at running." Ji Young sighed. "He's here." Yey, they're the first one to arrive at the ground floor. Good job. Dollar is about to approach the entrance. Ji Young his DSLR. Minji watched him, slowly gaining her strength. Ji Young took pictures of Dollar passing by them. "Where do you think he's going?" Minji asked as her eyes followed Dollar. "Parking lot. C'mon!" Ji Young stood up and ran again. "Ugh! I told you I'm not good at running!" She's still breathing heavy but not as heavy as before. She stood up and walked faster. She almost drop her the DSLR bag. 

"Whoah!" Minji gasped. Dollar's car is right next to their get - away car. She continued following Ji Young but being too close to him. Ji Young's acting is good. He looks like a normal person passing by Dollar who is currently getting his car keys. But Minji... You know that I can't hide what I'm feeling inside. It automatically affects my physical appearance. Minji was walking in tip bits steps while covering the right side of her face with her hand. Her exhausted face disappeared. Isn't she obvious? Yes, really obvious! Why would she cover her face? Dollar doesn't even know she's stalking him, there's someone stalking him. Ji Young saw her. He half opened his mouth. He can't believe what he's seeing right now. Minji went to the passenger seat not noticing Ji Young looking at her. She buckled her seat belt. "Aren't you coming?!" She shouted inside the car. Ji Young sighed again. Dollar started his car's engine. They need to follow him. Ji Young waited for Dollar to drive few meters away from them and he started following his car. While driving, Ji Young was glancing on Minji who is busy writing something on her notebook. "Omo! You're losing him." Minji said as she saw another car blocking their way on following Dollar. They can't see Dollar's car. "I got this." Ji Young did some over take techniques and tada! Dollar's car is in front of them again. "Let's get closer to him." Minji's head leaned forward, focusing on Dollar's car. "Can't do that." "Why not?" Minji looked at him. "We can't be obvious that we're following him. Celebrities have strong senses. They know if they are being followed or not." Ji Young said with his eyes fixed on Dollar's car. Minji leaned back. Ji Young shook his head. "I felt like what we're doing is wrong," Minji stated as she looked outside the window. "Why did you say that?" "I just feel wrong... and bad. "We're just stalking." "We're trespassing. Ugh! I feel so guilty." Ji Young smirked. Minji took two Kisses and ate it at the same time. Minji saw Ji Young glancing at her. "You're right. We do need this. It's really necessary." She said in the midst of chewing the kisses. She said she's excited about stalking cause we'll dig into someone's life. Now she felt bad and wrong that were stalking cause we're trespassing into someone's life. Ji Young thought. Complicated. 

La Chocolat. It's a quite popular cafe shop. Almost all of their food had chocolates on it. Premium chocolates. You can really say that the cafe shop is for rich people because of its paintings hanging on the wall and these paintings have been autographed by the artist. By just looking at it, Minji had already an idea what kind of person the owner is. The ceiling has one big, elegant, ever - shining chandelier. Its lights are like stars, beautifully twinkling. The aroma inside is way different from other cafe shop. It's unique. It's an 'expensive' aroma. Plus the price is a little bit higher. The costumers look rich with all their Chanel bags and branded high heels and jewelries. This cafe is for rich. End of observation. This is where Dollar stopped by. Minji and Ji Young chose a place to sit at where they're kind of near to Dollar. Ji Young took a photo of Ji Young alone and waiting for his order. "Do you think he's waiting for Se Joo?" Minji asked. "Please don't look at him like that. He might notice you." Ji Young said as he turned off the camera. Minji was looking at Dollar really dead serious. It's a look of a person who's stalking another person. Oh darn, she's being obvious, Ji Young thought. "Oh, okay." She blinked her eyes, trying to find her normal look. They were just sitting there, stalking Dollar, waiting for something to happen. Minji got bored so she moved her eyes around the cafe. Her face was amazed by the place and there's a lot of 'oh' expression. Ji Young who is in front of her, was watching her with blank expression. "It's your first time here?" He asked. Minji nodded still looking around. "This place is really expensive." She whispered to him, leaning forward. Ji Young crossed his arms and smirked. "Are we not going to order something? The employees might notice us and we've been here like almost 30 minutes." "No, it's okay. They wouldn't mind. Besides, we got chocolates. No need to order." "Really?" Ji Young nodded. Great cause I don't have money, Minji thought, a thought of relief. "Oh, it's Se Joo!" Minji said, startled by Se Joo sudden appearance. Even though she's wearing a mask, scarf, denim jacket and plain black cap, Minji can recognize her because of her eyes. Se Joo got unique eyes among all other actresses in Korea. Her pupils are beautifully big. Eyelashes are naturally curved. By using his skills, Ji Young took a photo of Se Joo approaching Dollar, taking her seat beside Dollar and enjoying choco cake and coffee together. Minji wrote everything her eyes saw. This time, she's not being obvious anymore. She's learning it. "So there's something going on between them." Minji concluded while taking notes. Her serious face. You will know her brain is working. Ji Young glanced at her then looked at her and stared at her. Then, he secretly took a photo of her. 

 -----------

Tiffany was patrolling around the cubicles, as usual, chit chatting, glancing on employees' cubicles which is invading of privacy, disturbing business of other persons and appearing out of nowhere. She loves to do that. It's her signature in the office. The employees' sometimes get annoyed they are already used to it. "Hi, Minho." Tiffany greeted as she saw him approaching her way. "Hey, Tiffany." Minho was busy reading the papers on his hands. "Where are you going?" Tiffany walked with Minho. "At Chaerin's office." he replied, still reading the papers. "New assignment?" Minho finally looked at her. "Yup. With Ji Young." "Oh. He's not yet finished with his assignment today and he got new assignment?" Tiffany pouted. "It's Minji, right? His partner?" "Yes. Don't you think Chaerin is torturing him?" "Trust Ji Young. He can do it. I didn't even hear him complaining because there are lots of work to do." "Really? If I were him. I will be thinking about writing a resignation letter." Minho chuckled. "So what's the assignment about?" "Since we are professional photographers..." Tiffany rolled her eyes. "...we are going to work with professional models." Minho said in a flirty tone. He liked their new assignment. "Models?" "Seoul Mag will be releasing an issue for the month of July. We are assigned to work with the models at the studio." "I see. And who are the models?" "Kiko Mizuhara and Park Ji Hye. Have you heard of them?" "They're familiar." They have arrived at Chaerin's office. "Based on what I have researched, they are great models." "You stalked them?" "Oh c'mon Tiffany. I'm a stalker remember?" Minho winked at her and Tiffany chuckled. "See you around." Minhi entered Chaerin's office. Chaerin wave at Tiffany when she saw her. Tiffany waved back and went to her office. 

-----------

LONG DAY. REALLY LONG DAY. There were running and hiding and following all day. Minji got really tired. Stalking is really a tiring task. Stalking in real life is really tiring. "I'm so tired!" Minji stretched her arms and legs as she sat on the couch. "I wonder how Minho survived his work." She murmured as she rested her head on the couch and closed her eyes. Suddenly, the telephone rang. Minji annoyingly sighed because her position is getting good now and she's loving it. Who would call me at this hour?, she thought. Minji rotated her neck. There's only one person would call at this hour, her step sister. The telephone didn't stop ringing. She answered it via loud speaker but didn't speak. "Minji? Hello?" Minji was staring at the telephone, standing still and listening to whatever her sister has to say. "Okay." her sister knew she was listening and didn't want to talk. Minji already knew what her sister would tell her. "Everything went well on dad's death anniversary." She didn't sound happy. "It's only us. Mom, me and your two other sisters. I wish you were here." Minji smirked. "I did apologize to dad that you can't come. I also visited you mother's grave." Minji anticipated. "I left some white roses. You told me she loves white roses. I took away those flowers that are dead already. I stayed there for 30 minutes. I told your mom that you're doing fine. I don't care if I looked crazy because I was talking to your mom." Her sister chuckled. "I see that you're busy. I hope you take care of yourself. Just so you know, I'll be here whenever you need me." Silence. "Goodnight Minji." and she hang  up. Minji went back to the couch. She was holding back her tears. "I couldn't even visit my mom." she said, trying hard to swallow her 'about to cry' voice. White roses. Minji started hugging herself. Slowly, she started crying and the sobbing gets louder and louder. White roses, Her mom. Her dad. Her step sisters. The thunder from yesterday. Such a miserable life. 

---------------

Ji Young was about to go home after he dropped Minji to her house when he noticed a scarf left at the passenger seat. He knew it belongs to Minji because he was with her all day and it smells like her. He decided to return the scarf to her personally so he drove back to Minji's house. After 15 minutes, he had arrived, He took the scarf and went out of the car and went to the doorstep and stood there. He was about to knock when he heard someone's crying. It's coming from Minji's, near the door. It's a woman crying. After listening to it, he realized it's Minji who is crying. He didn't continue his plan to knock and return the scarf to her. It was wrong timing. Her cry was getting louder. He wanted to do something  but how and in what way? He doesn't know mush about her. So he slowly stepped back form the doorstep with the scarf in his hands. He went back to the car and decided that he will return the scarf on some other day where Minji is feeling okay, not sad, depressed or crying. He stared at Minji's house, still can hear her crying. He started his car's engine and drove away with guiltiness because he didn't do anything to make the woman stop from crying and comfort her and heaviness because Minji is crying and he didn't know why. He should have knock but it feels wrong. He felt like it's wrong to... ruin her moment of crying. He placed the scarf back on the passenger seat. It bothered him. Why would she cry like that? She was okay and good while doing their task. Why all of a sudden?

"Tell me Kim Minji, how miserable your life is?" he said while waiting for the traffic light to turn green. 

Note: If there are typo errors, the author is sincerely sorry. She'll going to edit that as soon as she can. Don't forget to subscribe!