Fate Has Started

Never Forget

11 PM. Current location: Banpo Bridge. Current condition: Drunk by 75%. 

In the middle of peaceful night and beautiful city lights at Seoul, a drunk woman was having a good time (?) alone at the Banpo bridge. Two bottles of soju beside her and was leaning on the bridge's deck, feeling the air of Han River. "Omo, otteoke? The air is so fresh." She said in a way that no one can understand her because she's drunk. After a few moments of sipping on the bottle of soju and talking and talking to no one, the young woman  hardly crossed over the bridge's deck, now fronting the Han River with no barrier. Her dizziness and drunkenness blocked her mind from realizing that she's in a dangerous situation. "Omooo..." she got excited since her voice raised up. "...the air is even fresher." She smiled widely feeling the air with both of her hands tightly holding on the bridge's deck.  "I love it." With just wrong move of this drunk lady, she'll fall on the river.

"Miss." A young man suddenly noticed the drunken woman, slowly approaching to her. "Uhm, excuse me." She doesn't seem to hear anything. He continued to approach, calmly and slowly. "Hi. Hi?" FINALLY! She turned her head to him, his image was blurry causing her eyes to blink. "Hm?"She responded. He thought carefully what to say next so he stopped approaching and he's now few steps away from her. "Looking at you standing there... aren't you cold?" He asked. He really thought that she is going to commit suicide, trying his best to stop her. "Cold? Nope. I like it." She smiled childishly. He noticed the bottles of soju. Therefore, he concluded that this woman is drunk. "What's good about cold? I don't like it?" he said started to take 2 steps forward. "I like cold because my life... is... cold." "I see. Why is it cold?" "Nah. It's a long story." she took a very deep breath. "For a beautiful woman like you, you shouldn't be outside your home. You should keep your body warm." She chuckled. "Beautiful woman. For a handsome man like you, you shouldn't be here. You should protect yourself from those women who are outside their home now." He smiled, finding her statement cute. "Why?" "Because those women who are outside now are dangerous." "So, you're dangerous?" She nodded with her eyes almost closed. "Give me your hand." He said offering his hand to get her out of the bridge's deck. "Why?" "Sharks are about to jump." "Bo? Sharks?" she looked down like a curious kid and it made him nervous because she was stumbling. "C'mon, give me your hand." he said trying to be calm. "I didn't know there are sharks here." she said still looking down. "Yes, there are. They eat beautiful woman. Before it's too late, give me your hand."She stared at his hand and after a few seconds, she grabbed on it and he slowly took her off the deck. "Ahh." he exhaled, successfully rescued the drunken woman. 

Suddenly, she started sobbing and sat on the ground. "My life is miserable. Even sharks are trying to eat me." She cried. She really cried. "You need to rest." he said awkwardly patting her back. "She's really crying." he thought. "Tell me where do you live?" She didn't answer and continues to cry like she was really hurt. He started to get worry realizing he didn't know what to do next. "I'm going to get your ID, okay? I need to know where you live." "Wae?" she suddenly looked at him with  tears on her eyes. "Because you're not safe here." his hand automatically wiped her tears. He was shocked for a moment so he stopped. FINALLY! He saw her ID and detected her address. "Taxi!" he shouted. "Go in." he opened the taxi's door. But she's still crying. He took her things, including the two bottles of soju and carried her into the taxi. "You'll be home soon." he said and she seems to start falling asleep. "Ahjussi, you know my sister right? You're her favorite taxi driver." He said. "Ah, ye. ye." "Please take her to her home safely. This is her address." "Of course, I will." "Thank you." He shut the door and watched the taxi go. He silently walked away from the Banpo bridge. 

-------

Everybody's busy because they all have deadlines and they are also busy when they don't have deadlines. A constant scene at the office. 

After getting drunk yesterday, entertainment writer, Kim Minji, was yawning going to her cubicle. "Hey, Ms. Miserable. You are late again." Tiffany, the second supervisor of their office, greeted Minji in a very good manner. "I know." Minji stared at her table. "What a mess." "Like your life." Tiffany responded then quickly slipped away. Tiffany is the type of supervisor who walks around the cubicles and appears suddenly out of nowhere and she always smiles even when she's pissed off. Minji just yawned and started arranging her things. Ball pens should be in this place and papers should be in that place. "Knock knock." Tiffany, again, interrupted. "Team leader Chaerin wants to see you in her office. A-S-A-P. Like N-O-W." "Crap." That made her heart beat fast. She stood up in despair and proceeded to Chaerin's office. 

Sitting face to face, saying nothing, waiting for each other to say something, Chaerin smiles while Minji smiles "awkwardly". "So, how was it going?" team leader Chaerin started. "How was... it... going?" as if Minji didn't know what Chaerin is talking about. "How was your assignment going?" "Oh, that. Well... I'm about to start." Minji replied 25% confident. Chaerin chuckled. "When will be the deadline of your assignment again?" "Friday." "What day is today?" "Tuesday." "So how many days are left?" "Three days." "Three days and you're about to start." Chaerin stared at Minji deeply. "That's... cool." she replied with Chaerin's deep stare. "YES!..." Chaerin suddenly shouted, making Minji to jump off her chair. "...that's cool because if you can't submit that assignment of yours, I will recommend to our bosses to fire you. You know I can do that." Chaerin is not mad while saying this. She's actually calm. "Minji, please don't bring your problems here at the office. Your job is one of the things left in your life. Don't let it go." See? Chaerin is not mad. She's actually calm. "I'll start right away." Minji said in restless voice. "Minji." "Hm." "Fighting!" Minji chuckled. "Ye. Fighting." at least she got a little determination from team leader Chaerin. "Okay. You can now go to your cubicle." "Neh."  "Minji, please don't drink today, aratsi?"

"Okay. I'm going to start. For real." She inhaled and did not exhale. "I bet Chaerin scolded you." Tifanny appearing from nowhere. "Nope, she didn't. She gave me determination. To start this assignment." she replied as she started typing. "And someone's drunk yesterday." "Yeah. I totally don't remember anything." "You're broke. How do you mange to buy soju?" "I'm starting to get busy here. And I request you to stop appearing from nowhere and stop bothering me." "You're talking down to me?" Tiffany said with her hand on her chest, acting like she's really shocked. Minji finally exhaled. "No, I'm not. My dear supervisor." 

--------

On the other side of the day, there's someone who is being optimistic because he got a new job. Taking his assignment seriously, Minho, a photographer, complimented Ji Young's shot. "Ohh, what a nice shots you got there." "Thanks. First day of work. Should make it count." They both got to their "gateway car" after finishing some shots needed for the "writers" to finish their assignment. "Why did you decide to become a photographer?" Minho asked as he started the car's engine. "Cause I love to capture moments." "But you're an entertainment photographer." "Yeah. Is taking shots of celebrities not a moment? Each one of them tells a story." "I better warn you, buddy. This kind of job is really tiring." "Yeah. I saw you stalking someone." "Where?" Minho slowed down from driving. "Got nervous?" Ji Young gave him his teasing face. "FYI. I did not stalk someone who is not on my assignment's list. If you want proof, go ask people who really knew me well." "Why are you being so defensive? I was just teasing. Ohhh, this one's deserve a story. "Photographer Minho, allegedly seen stalking someone."" Ji Young his DSLR. "What are you doing?" "Nah. Just taking a photo of you. Keep driving." "Stop it. Hey." Minho trying to cover his face and at the same time keeping his eyes on the road.

-------

Back at the office, Minji was rotating her head and stopped for awhile from typing. "Ah, my neck." "Minji." Tiffany appearing from nowhere. "ah kamjjag!" Minji's life reduced by 1 year. "Why do have to do this all the time, Tiffany?" "Did you hear already?" "Hear what?" "We've got new photographer slash photo editor in our office." "Is Minho not enough?" "They're here already. C'mon!" Tiffany grabbed Minji and went to the entrance of the office because Chaerin was introducing the new photographer slash photo editor. "Oh, he's good looking." Tiffany said rubbing her chin. On the other hand, Minji is not the type who wears heels at the office so she was jumping to see the new photographer slash photo editor's face. "Aigoo." Tiffany took off her heels. "Wear this." "Bo?" Tiffany took off Minji's sandal without her permission and forcefully put on the heels on Minji's foot. "Ah, Tiffany. Wait." "There. Now you can see." While being uncomfortable, Minji barely saw his face. He saw Minho standing at his back. "He's face is so familiar." She thought. "woah!" Because Minji is uncomfortable, after a few stumbling moments, she fell on the floor but thank God no one noticed it, only Tiffany, because everyone was busy on the new photographer slash photo editor. "Are you okay?" "Yeah. I'm fine. He's really familiar." "Bo?" "That new photographer slash photo editor." Tiffany helped Minji to get up. "What do you mean? Did you see him somewhere?" "I don't know." she said while putting back her sandal. "You sure you're okay?" "Yeah. Thanks."

--------

"Go find our table. I'll make an order." Tiffany said. Minji and her decided to take their lunch outside the office. So, while waiting for Tiffany and their food, Minji was still stuck on the fact the new photographer slash photo editor is so familiar to her but she just can't remember. It's somewhere in her memory and she needs to extract it. She started stamping her feet, biting her lower lip, arms crossed and everything a person does when he/she trying to remember something.  Exactly when Tiffany arrived with their food, her eyes opened wide and said in a high pitch "I remember now. I remember now! AHHH! Omo omo omo omo! Otteoke?!" and started jumping off her chair, ignoring everybody because what she had remembered is really embarrassing. Tiffany was so startled and later become embarrassed because Minji was already catching the customer's attention. "Excuse me, we'll just take this out." Tiffany said to the waiter and hid herself using an envelope that is on the table. "Otteoke!? AHHH! I deserve to die today. Omo omo omo omo.

 

To be continued...

Note: If there are typo errors, the author is sincerely sorry. She'll going to edit that as soon as she can. Don't forget to subscribe!