The Life She Has

Never Forget

So Tiffany went back to the office, full of embarrassment, still carrying her "take-out" food with her, leaving behind Minji. Minji, on the other hand, follows Tiffany like a child scolded by mom and need to do a sacrifice for her apology to be accepted. Minji, same with Tiffany, is full of embarrassment after remembering where she did meet that photographer slash photo editor and about what she had done to their lunch earlier. As soon as they arrived at the office, Tiffany parted way from Minji, leaving her alone. "Omo, what to do?" She almost whispered seeing Tiffany leaving her behind. Her embarrassment filled her emotionally and physically that she walks in little steps and wasn't focusing on her way. 

On the way to her cubicle, she saw Chaerin chatting with Ji Young and it made her froze for awhile. "Aish!" She quickly hid on the second cubicle (her cubicle is number four). "Why do they have to talk near my cubicle?" she said silently. She was sneaking on them if they were gone or not. "What's taking them so long?!" She took another sneak peek, exposing her forehead by 50%. Unfortunately, the owner of the cubicle she's hiding came back. "Ahem. Minji-ahneo mwohaneungeoya?Minji stood up awkwardly. "Sorry. I'm really sorry." She bowed. "Minji-ah!" And again, unfortunately, Chaerin who is currently chatting with Ji Young, spotted her. Minji closed her eyes, checking if she's dreaming but she's definitely not, and took a deep breath and turned around and started walking towards Chaerin and Ji Young. She was trying to get herself together and drew a smile on her face. "Neh, team leader." Chaerin and Ji Young was just looking at approaching Minji, totally fooled that everything is okay inside her.  Minji bowed to them as soon as she arrived. "Minji, you already know him right?" Minji didn't even look at him. "We knew each other actually." Ji Young sudden reply. "Knew? Jinja?" Minji just chuckled. "Omo, he still remembers! Ah, please let me die right now." Minji thought. "Oh, that's great. It won't be hard for both of you if you have the same assignment." "Assignment?" Minji was startled. "We never know. You'll be assign to the same assignment." "I'll be willing to work with her." Ji Young said with his voice feeling so optimistic. Minji bowed to him but with no eye contact. "Kamshamnida." smiling awkwardly to Chaerin ONLY. "I'll be heading now to my cubicle." Minji cutely said. "Yeah. Sure." Chaerin replied. Minji walked through them normally but slowly running away. 

"Ahhh! Jinja! It was so embarrassing! How come he still remembers it? Ah! Jinja!She was saying this as soon as she got to her cubicle. "Aigoo, I'm the unluckiest person alive! Why does he have to work here? Ah! It makes me go crazy." 

------

Finally, on the third page of her assignment, she's still embarrassed. Eating stuffs won't work to help her forget these feelings. "Ugh, what should be the appropriate photo for this?" She was trying so hard to distract herself and find an alternative problem for her to focus on. "Think, think." she was now bumping her hear at her cubicle's wall. 

-Silence-

"AHHH! Jinja! I' am so embarrassed!" she finally burst out from pretending. (lol) "I'll just have coffee." She walked out of cubicle bringing only her wallet, no coat, no phone, no bag. 

-After 55 minutes-

"Knock knock." Minji approached Tiffany's office. "Americano?" she offered. "Iced or hot?" Tiffany easily giving up on Minji's Americano. "Iced." and Tiffany took a sip of iced Americano. "How did you manage to buy one when you're broke?" "I'm sorry about earlier." "I was so embarrassed you know that? But you should feel more embarrassed than me." "I' am. I can't even focus on my assignment." "Why did you act like that, anyway?" "I just remembered something." "Something like what? About the photographer slash photo editor?" "His name is Lee Ji Young." finally taking a sit because Tiffany won't offer her to sit. "Oh, you know his name already." Minji rolled her eyes. "I'm embarrassed because I remembered how I met him." "How?" Tiffany was anticipating on Minji's next words. "I'm not gonna tell you because it's too embarrassing that I wish to the highest stars to erase all of my memories." "Aish. Why did  you open up about it when you're not gonna tell me anyway." "It's just that... my drinking habit got worse." "Yeah. You actually don't remember anything when you're drunk. They are ghost memories of yours." "ugh!"  Minji bumped her on Tiffany's table. "So how's your assignment going?" "Oh, about that..." quickly raising her head up. "...I'm having a problem on what photo should be used." "Then go ask team leader Chaerin." "I'm actually thinking about that but..." "But she will only scold at you." Minji didn't respond. "But maybe she's chatting again with Ji Young." she thought but she was distracted with the noise coming from Tiffany's straw. She looked at her, letting her know that she got annoyed with that sipping sound. "What?" Tiffany asked blankly. "You finished it?" "Yeah." "Jal hass-eo."

-------

After a few battles inside her mind, she took her laptop and went to Chaerin's office. She thank god not seeing Ji Young anywhere because the embarrassment is still there. "Okay. This is good." Chaerin thoroughly checking on Minji's five pages assignment and currently working on the third page. "But you should change this statement. It sounds unreal." and at the same time, Minji was taking note of Chaerin's corrections. "You know what I like about you? You're lazy but you're mind works so fast. You're on the third page already." "I wouldn't start if you didn't scare me about that firing thingy." Chaerin chuckled suddenly and Minji chuckles along. "You are such a cutie." Minji smiled and took her laptop. "So, I bet you can finish that by Friday." "Yeah. I'll go now." "Okay." "Thank you." 

------

After a long day, they finally get to go home and rest. "Need a ride, Minji?" "Nah. I'm fine." "Taxi!" "You don't have your car?" "I have. I'm just grabbing a taxi for you. Here's your fare." Minji irritably laughed. "I can afford it." "You're broke. How can you afford it?" Tiffany opened the door for her. "Get in." Minji followed as well. "Don't drink okay?" "OK."  

----------

As soon she got off the taxi, it flew away. She was standing still right in front of her house, staring at it, noticed some cracks on the pots of plants being displayed in front of her house. Sighhhhhhhhh. "Home." She said, not drawing a smile on her face and she sounded like she's sick of it. She got her keys and opened the door. Empty. Unchanged. Just empty. Always the same aura whenever she gets home from work or whenever she gets home from being drunk and doesn't always know how on earth she got home and Ji Young came back in her mind, the embarrassment. She closed her eyes disgusted for remembering it again. She never make dinner for herself. It's not that she's lazy and broke but she doesn't have time although she has time, enough time actually. She felt like making dinner is tiring. So she took of her shoes and went directly to her room and jumped into her bed and now staring at the ceiling. She can only hear trees talking to each other, talking about how miserable she is. Thoughts started playing inside her mind, not to mention the embarrassment, thoughts that killed her thousand times, thoughts that won't fade away inside her mind. These thoughts are there, on one side of her brain, ready to play when she's sad or thinks about her reality. "I miss you." she whispered and tears started falling off her eyes and it makes her feel weak. She didn't wipe those tears. She closed her eyes. The silence got louder that she fell asleep not even changing her clothes. It's like she never came home because whenever she's home, the silence got louder. 

--------------

"Oh, !" It's 7:30 in the morning and yep, she's late. No alarm. There's no one to wake her up. It's just her. She immediately went to the shower. She didn't even remember that what she's wearing was from yesterday, she didn't change. "That's why I should have gotten any pets. Ugh!she said after shower and was searching for clothes to wear. "Should I wear white? Nah. I have wore white the other day. Red? Oh god, Minji. You're late! Okay, red." and whoosh. She wore the shirt in just seconds. "I haven't changed my bag for a month so everything's inside. Yeah. Except for the keys." She searched for it and found it at the dining table. Make up? No need. She's pretty already but she doesn't realize it. But how about combing her hair? Nah. What's the purpose of a hat and a scarf. Breakfast? No time. Except that, the landlady has come.

TOK TOK TOK TOK! The landlady knocked and it seems like she will crash the door right in front of Minji's eyes. Minji was about to head out when the landlady knocked. Lucky her. TOK TOK TOK! She stepped back, holding her breath, it's like she's watching a suspense movie that's  about to end. "I know you're in there Minji. If you don't pay your rent, I will call my troops and force you and your things out of this house. I'll give you three last days." the landlady said really angry that Minji can hear Satan whispering to her ears, scaring her to pay her rent or else the landlady will have to suffer again waiting for Minji's pay and knocking on her door countless times. "I repeat, three last days!" BANG! The landlady kicked the door hard and Minji was startled. She bit her lips. She was nervous and worried and embarrass and all. Why does she have to do this when I'm only starting my day? Minji thought. After making sure that the landlady is gone, she quickly got out her house. "Should I ride a taxi? No. I'm broke." She quickly took her bicycle that hasn't been use for ages (the last time she used it was when she was still in college). She rode on it and peddled as fast as she can so the landlady won't see her presence. "Ah, jinja!!That's it. She's going to work via bicycle.  

--------------

"Minji-ah!" Tiffany saw her going inside the building so she ran to her. "I saw your bike." "Yeah." "Why didn't you ride a taxi? It's unusual seeing you going to work riding a bicycle." "Like you said, I'm broke." they chuckled and walk together like mean girls. They're both late. 

 

 

Note: If there are typo errors, the author is sincerely sorry. She'll going to edit that as soon as she can. Don't forget to subscribe!