three

Alive

Seulgi was called to the principal’s office because six months ago she was promised to be a senior, she heard that she had to do some tests for senior as the principal might want to see if her brain still worked the same way before the incident.

She knocked on the wooden door; it opened, revealing a middle aged gentleman with a smile on his face.

 

“Ah! Kang Seulgi. Come, take a seat!” He said genuinely, pulling the chair for Seulgi.

 

He took a seat in front of Seulgi, staring at Seulgi for a few seconds before he spoke.

 

“I bet you already know why I called you here, am I correct?”

 

Seulgi just replied with a firm nod.

 

“Very well,” he took a folder that contained the tests. “I’ll assign you with Ms. Kwon today. Our new counsellor plus science teacher, she just started three months ago, so get along, okay?”

 

Again, Seulgi replied her with a nod and mumbled a “thank you” as she walked out to the counsellor’s office which was just beside the principal’s office.

 

Before Seulgi even knock on the door, someone opened the door as if they knew that Seulgi was already in front of the room—maybe because it was true.

 

“You…” Seulgi said.

 

“Come in, Seulgi. I’ve been expecting you.”

 

It’s her.

 

Seulgi thought.

 

Her glowing red eyes still left a mark in Seulgi’s head, apparently.

 

“You may begin your test, Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi kept glancing at Boa. She seemed can’t focus on her test. Sweat started to drip from her forehead. Fore some reasons, she was so nervous. It was her first test after six months after all.

 

Boa squat down right next to Seulgi’s chair. She was concerned about the student as she reached her hands, revealing Seulgi’s claws.

 

“Don’t be nervous.” Boa said. Her voice was soothing. “Take a deep breath.”

 

Seulgi took a deep breath, she started to growl but Boa was determined as she held on the latter’s shoulder.

 

“Repeat after me, Seulgi.” She said, her glowing red eyes met Seulgi’s gold eyes. “Alpha, Beta, Omega.”

 

Seulgi clenched her jaw, part of her was trying to prevent her fangs to grow.

 

A-Alpha...Beta…Omeg- It’s not working!” Seulgi started to feel heavy on her head.

 

“Keep going.” As Boa remained calm.

 

Alpha…Beta, Omega,” Seulgi looked at Boa, “Alpha, Beta, Omega.”

 

Something about Boa’s eyes, it made Seulgi calm; almost felt like she was protected—like she was safe.

 

Alpha, Beta, Omega.

 

Her features started to go back to normal. Her fangs were just normal teeth; her claws were just nails.

 

Boa smiled, she gave Seulgi a few pats on the head as if she was a puppy. And when Seulgi thought about it, she was technically a puppy.

 

“That’s your spell. Just remember.” Boa said. “Now, let’s finish these tests.”

 

---

 

Obviously, Seulgi would pass all the test and she immediately transferred into senior class. And Seulgi swore, werewolf or not, luck and her did not match in any terms, because she just had to be in one class as Bae Joohyun and her so-called boyfriend. But, when she looked around the class, she was never felt happier when she saw Jisoo at the back of the class, secretly eating her bag of chips. She quickly half-running to the back of the class and found herself sitting beside Jisoo. And of course, the latter would throw the sweetest smile at her.

 

“Glad to have you here, genius.” Jisoo said.

 

Seulgi smiled and nod as the lesson had begun.

 

What she did not notice was a pair of hazel eyes staring at her with curiosity.

 

----

 

Joohyun might or might not accidentally bump onto Seulgi in the ladies’ room. The younger girl looked at her with nothing on her face, meanwhile she was petrified. She knew it was Seulgi, but the girl in front of her did not look like the Kang Seulgi she knew. This girl was thin, her hair was perfect, and she was a bit taller then her, just perfect for her to rest her head on the latter’s shoulder.

 

“S-Seulgi.”

 

“I’m sorry, um…Irene. I have to go home now.”

 

And just like that, Seulgi walked pass through her.

 

She called me…Irene.

 

---

 

Seulgi ran to the girls’ changing room, she shut the door as she hissed in pain, she tried to speak.

 

Alpha…argh! Alpha…Beta…Omega…!

 

She heard the door clicked open.

 

Someone is here, probably the student athlete.

 

Alpha, Beta, Omega…” She brought herself to the corner of the room, covered by the lockers.

 

She kept going, although she heard the footsteps were getting closer.

 

Alpha, Beta, Omega.”

 

She finally calmed down, but it was too late because the person was now standing in front of her. Seulgi just saw her pair of legs.

 

“Having a hard time?” The person said. Seulgi saw a hand in front of her face, reaching to help her get up.

 

“Yeri?”

 

She took Yeri’s hand.

 

“Be glad that it’s me who found you.” The youngest said as they walked out of the changing room together.

 

They have reached the front gate, as when Seulgi about to bid her goodbye she suddenly remembered something.

 

“Yeri,”

 

The girl turned around to face her.

 

“Can you really read mind?”

 

Yeri’s cold expression turned into a playful one.

 

“Silly, I was just messing with ya.”

 

And by that she left Seulgi dumbfounded.

 

---

 

Seulgi threw herself onto her bed. She looked at the ceiling and closed her eyes.

 

Every time I see her…I feel so angry.

 

She thought. Irene’s face came across her mind.

 

She was upset, of course. When the girl you adored and not to mention that was your best friend laughed at you when your life was on the edge on the cliff…literally. Of course, Seulgi would be upset. She felt betrayed.

 

Her phone beeped and she lazily grabbed on it.

 

She did not know since when she got Jisoo’s number but the message was from the said girl.

 

From. Jisoo.

 

You okay?

 

To. Jisoo

 

Why wouldn’t I?

 

From. Jisoo

 

I was just checking, you moron.

 

Seulgi chuckled a bit before replying.

 

To. Jisoo

 

Thank you. :)