eighteen

Alive

Seulgi was greeted by Lisa and Rosé who were sitting in the main room of their lair—used to be Boa’s house. Seulgi realised she had never seen both girls smile; and whenever she appeared in front of them, they would immediately stare at the ground.

 

“I don’t hate you, guys.” Seulgi stated; pouring herself a cup of water. “Our alpha taught us to not harm people, let alone killing.”

 

She did not receive any response, so Seulgi sighed and decided to go upstairs to see Joy. But, as soon as she stepped on the first staircase, Rosé said,

 

“They killed our pack…our family.”

 

“They are people!” Seulgi raised her voice. She walked toward the two, as soon as she saw their expression, she knew that she shouldn’t have raised her voice like that. Lisa and Rosé came to her because they thought she could save them. Perhaps, it was the time Seulgi began to train herself to be the alpha they were all hoping her to be.

 

“Look.” Seulgi started. “My friends and I are planning to catch the infamous thief of Bexley. Why don’t you come along?”

 

She could see both werewolves’ expressions lit up.

 

“No killing this time,” Seulgi said as she stepped upstairs.

 

---

 

As Joy said that the mayor just restored the charity money into the bank that morning and they knew that Bexley’s infamous thief would make her move. Actually, they weren’t even sure if they could catch the thief, but Jennie, on the other hand she was very excited about doing all the superhero stuffs—this was her idea after all.

 

“Hey, guys.” Lisa spoke through the radio, “just saying, but can we like…name this thief? Like…to make things easier.”

 

“I agree! I mean, every villain in the movies got their own cool nickname.” Jennie chuckled; suddenly got excited. Wendy just shook her head at the sight.

 

“Shush! Guys, did you hear that?” Yeri said. “I hear footsteps.”

 

“Maybe just one of the guards.” Seulgi sighed. “Are we really doing this, guys?”

 

“I mean, seriously, we’ve been here for three hours!”

 

“Seulgi is right. Also, I don’t feel good about this idea. Sorry, Jennie, but we’re basically just a bunch of teenagers. Even though we have all the powers, this thief is way ahead, she’s smarter.”

 

“If this helps let’s call her the trickster,” Rosé blurted.

 

“She’s right, since they said she tricked her victims.” Joy said, throwing a smile to Rosé.

My, my. I didn’t expect to have company.”

 

They gasped as they heard a woman’s voice, positioning themselves to attack

 

“Guys!” Seulgi said, “I can’t tell where she is!”

 

“Me neither!” Jennie said. “It sounds like she is…”

 

“…Everywhere.” She finished as the Trickster’s laugh filled the huge room.

 

Seulgi gulped, it was her first superhero mission after all. She wanted to do this since she was a little kid; she just didn’t expect it to be so…scary. She was scared and she knew that the members of her pack felt the same. Her vision became blurry as she felt an attack her from the back—it felt very weird for Seulgi because she felt like she had been hit by a tornado. She could hear her friends were shouting her name. She hit the back of her head pretty hard, but she tried to adjust her eyes and when she did, she saw her friends were fighting…something.

 

It was not a person.

 

Seulgi had seen so many crazy thing, once again, she was one of them. But, she certainly had never seen something so strange. It seemed like their enemy was appearing and disappearing into thin air. It was impossible…even for them. Seulgi joined her pack and shifted, but actually, they did not know what they were doing. They couldn’t attack something they couldn’t see, not even with their other eyes. This Trickster—she was like a ghost.

 

“Catch me…” Seulgi’s eyes widened when she heard a whisper right next to her ear.

 

Everything became so quite.

 

She was gone.

 

And so was the money.

 

---

 

“She kicked like…twenty guards last night.” Joy said.

 

“Plus us,” Jisoo added. “How is that even possible?”

 

“I don’t know, she totally got us last night. If we didn’t heal fast, I don’t know what would happen.” Jennie said.

 

“Hey, guys. Is it jut me or Irene is acting weird today?” Seulgi questioned as soon as she saw her friends.

 

The other shrugged since they didn’t know Irene as much as Seulgi did. Seulgi shifted her gaze to Irene who was sitting with the cheerleaders. But, the girl did not even do anything, she did not move nor talk. Irene looked like an empty shell, Seulgi made eye contact with Irene in the class before, those pair of eyes that always filled with hope and happiness were now just…cold.

Her thought was interrupted—thankfully, because Seulgi did not want to think more of it anymore—by Wendy who was holding a huge book on her hand before slamming it on the table, causing a horror expression on Joy’s face who was peacefully enjoying her food.

 

“So, as you guys know, I have a supernatural bestiary and I couldn’t find whatever we were fighting last night in that book.” Wendy the book. “And my dad gave me this bestiary, we might find something.”

 

“But…We have a problem.”

 

The others looked at Wendy in confusion.

 

“It’s in Japanese.” She finished.

 

Seulgi stepped in to see a closer look of the book.

 

“I do.”

 

Her friends just looked at her, disbelief. Seulgi threw them a smile.

 

“Thank the Lord I used to wake up all night watching anime.”

 

Wendy chuckled, “careful, the paper is really really old.”

 

Seulgi nodded and flipped the book carefully. And then she found something.

 

Kitsune.”

 

“Kit- what now?” Yeri said.

 

Kitsune; it is a Japanese folklore about the fox spirits. There are thirteen types of Kitsune, there are light, dark, wind, spirit, fire, earth, river, ocean, mountain, forest, thunder, time, and sound,”

 

Seulgi stopped, she clenched her jaw. She lifted up her head to see her friends, and they were still listening, so she continued reading.

 

“And one more thing…” Seulgi inhaled sharply, “…Japanese people called a kitsune with another name.”

 

The long pause drove the pack to question what was happening, they became impatient; telling Seulgi to continue.

 

“What is it?” Jisoo asked.

 

Seulgi glanced at each one of her friends’ faces.

 

The trickster.”

 

---

Irene excused herself to the bathroom on fifth period. She needed to wash her face. Irene wiped off the water from her face and stared at herself in the mirror. She turned her body to see her other self was leaning against the wall with a smirk.

 

They know” Irene said.

 

“They know what we are, and soon they’ll figure who’s behind the robberies!”

 

She walked towards Irene.

 

“You meant what you are?” She darkly chuckled.

 

“Let them be.” She continued before kissing Irene’s lips as they merged into one.

 

It’s been a while since the last time I killed werewolves.”

 

---

 

 

a/n: I know. Getting more ty and confusing, right? But, I can assure you guys that it’ll make sense at the end :)