Jeongyeon x You

Too Much Signals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Helloooo?! Sign-eul bo-ne, signal bo-ne." Mina snapped her fingers in front of my face before sitting down with me. 

 

"Oh-, hi." I greeted before paying my attention to her. 

 

"Why? Is Jeongyeon that good looking?" Mina chuckled. 

 

"Yea... I mean! What? No! W-what makes you think I am looking at her?!" I huffed before lowering my head down on my book. 

 

"You are lucky I am not Dahyun, if not the whole school would know by now. Your secret is safe with me." Mina winked.

 

"Ya, what do you mean secret? There is no secret." I blurted. 

 

"Right..." Mina scoffed.

 

"Mina!" The latter turned and saw Jeongyeon waving at her before running over. 

 

Immediately, I hid my face behind my book, avoiding eye contact with the unusually hot girl who just ended her sports class. 

 

"Hey!" She greeted but I could only wave timidly from behind my book. 

 

"Why so shy?" She chuckled.

 

“That's because-Ah!" Mina was about to spill my secret when I jammed the heel of my feet on her toes. 

 

"Ah?" Jeongyeon tilted her head and exposed her "Oh-So-Holy" neck. 

 

"Ah? AHAHAHAHAHA! S-shy! B-because of our prank that time!" Mina laughed awkwardly.

 

"Oh!" Jeongyeon laughed and clapped her hands. She pats me on the back and assured me that it was just a joke.

 

I laughed along awkwardly and nodded my head before watching the blonde jog back to her class. Meanwhile, Mina was giggling at how love struck I looked while collecting her things and leaving me to clear my name alone. 

 

"Myoui Mina! It's not like that!" I yelled again.

 

School ended and it was my turn to do the last few rounds of patrolling. I headed towards the shower rooms, where I knew some of the sports club girls would still be. Their training usually ended late so I had the honors to rush those cranky and tired girls out. In addition, I had to sit outside the room to make sure that they all come out.

 

"Please hurry, school is about to close!" I yelled and as expected, those cranky students sent some curses at me. I simply ignored them since I was already used to it.

 

I sat outside and being the nerd I was, started to do my schoolwork while waiting for the students to clear. 

 

"Oh hey, it's you." 

 

I looked up to see the face of the voice and immediately snapped my eyes away.

 

"Je-Jeongyeon ssi... a-annyeong." I said as I tried to keep my composure. 

 

"Don't be so formal, just call me Jeongyeon!" She hummed.

 

"O-okay..." I uttered before going back to staring at my notes.

 

"Say... why do you look so red all the time? Are you okay?" Jeongyeon asked, sitting a little too close for comfort. 

 

"I- I'm fine! Just a little annoyed that the students are taking a long time..." I lied.

 

"Need some help?" Jeongyeon asked. 

 

I nodded.

 

She got up and yelled into the bathroom. Within 5 minutes, all the girls were out of the shower and going home. I scoffed at her ability; after all, she was the captain of the team. Her and I decided to go out for some supper together. I didn't want it but had no idea how I ended up agreeing to it. But through this mini date, I managed to learn how Jeongyeon was like. She was entertaining and loved to clown around. At the same time, she was a serious student who strives for excellence; probably a reason why TWICE accepted her.

 

"So we decided to tease Momo with the cling wrap door trick and she fell for it!" Jeongyeon laughed. 

 

"That's funny but you shouldn't talk while chewing." I nagged while reaching over to help her remover the rice grain from her lip with a tissue. 

 

She became silent. 

 

"You are really like a child." I chuckled but soon realised how stiff the latter was. 

 

"J-Jeongyeon... is there an issue?" I asked.

 

"N-no... no nothing... I have to leave now..." She suddenly said.

 

"Oh... I see... then see you tomorrow." I smiled softly. 

 

She thanked me for having the meal with her and rushed off. 

 

The next day when I was in the council room looking through the minutes, Mina entered and slipped into the chair on the other side of my desk.

 

"So? I heard Jeongyeon and you went out yesterday." She chuckled.

 

"W-what? I Guess it was alright... but then... she suddenly got all stiff and left in a hurry." I said while scratching my head.

 

"Oh?" Mina commented.

 

I looked back at her and retracted against my seat, wondering why I was pouring my thoughts into some girl who was in a plan to prank me before. 

 

"Ya, why am I even telling you all this..." 

 

"You can trust me. Anyway, what did you do that made her like that?" Mina asked.

 

"I-" 

 

Just then, the school bell rang and I took this chance to rush to my class. People know that I am in deep thought when I fiddled with my metal balls. They couldn't help but to ask me what was wrong, which I reply with a vague answer. After class, I wanted to look for Jeongyeon to see what was wrong, even if I knew I was probably going to book it when I see her face.

 

I walked to the field where the Athletes, including Jeongyeon was training. I was a good 30 meters away when my heart was already racing from that fierce and strong look the latter had when she was training. I dared not moved closer and stopped at the top of the stairs of the bleachers. I was nervous, obvious from the weird shapes I was making with my piece of metal. I wanted to go down but at the same time, I didn't dare. 

 

They were playing Basketball. Jeongyeon got the ball and turned but she seemed to have spotted me. She froze for a second- her mistake- her opponent pushed her aside and snatched the ball before scoring a goal. The sharp time of the whistle snapped me back to reality and my eyes followed the referee to Jeongyeon who was fanning her elbow in pain. 

 

I gasped in shock but still didn't have the courage to move. I looked as Jeongyeon was made to sit out while her coach tended to her wounds. I left in a hurry, hitting my own head and cursing at myself for being so stupid.

 

I didn't know what I was thinking when I volunteered to so lock up duty. I found myself outside the shower rooms where Jeongyeon was packing h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter