Introduction - Part 1

Teach Me what Love is

Junkai squinted his eyes as the sunrays seeped through window and blinded him. He covered his eyes with a groan and sat up. He cracked his stiff and aching neck, elbows, and fingers. When he slide his tired legs off his bed and stood up for the first time that day, he remembered last night as pain shot throughout his sciatic nerve.

What really happened last night? Junkai didn't actually know, because he was taken home from the hospital only yesterday morning. The doctor had said he had recovered enough from the crash to be able to attend school again. Of course the doctor was his JiuFu, Mother's brother, so he had to listen to him.

He walked over to his dresser to check the time. It was a quarter past seven and he had to arrive at school at eight thirty, so he needs to hurry his sleepy up and get ready. He dragged himself sleepily into the bathroom and had a quick cold shower before quickly jamming his tired body into his new uniform. He looked at his reflection in the mirror and half-heartedly corrected his crooked tie. His gaze scanned his body before resting on his eyes. They were red, puffy, and tired. Not a very good first day impression. He could imagine what his new teacher might think and groaned internally.

I swear, if she thinks I was up surfing the net while gaming or worse, trying to satisfy my uncontrollable raging hormones I might actually just walk out.

Yet another groan escaped his parted lips as his imagination became more and more wild.

What if she thinks that I had to ride a magical unicorn and find the cursed pot of gold on the other end of the rainbow and ended up swimming with mermaids and eating grapes under the moonlight and ended up not getting enough sleep? Or what if she thinks I was kidnapped by huge smelly orges and auctioned for a ransom but was saved by a dinosaur named Rover who was secretly a detective and he covered up the orges’ tracks and returned me safely but I still smell like rotten potatoes and she knew I was up late? Or what if…
He shook his head, these scenarios were becoming ridiculous.

 

But at any rate, he still had to go. Maybe he'll meet someone worth his time. He once had two great friends, but they were friends over summer break over a decade ago. Their names? Doesn't matter at this point, he'll never have punk school kid friends ever again. So he's just not going to make friends! How about that?

 

He drank his milk after taking a bite of toast. Since his parents aren't here, he's the only one in the house. No one's looking after him, no one is there to make him any meals, and no one is here to bother him. He had the castle all to himself. Although it took a car crash to make all of this come.. He did get a food card, so he'll just get his lunch and dinner at the school.

 

He got up, and put his dish in the sink. He looks at the time, there's thirty minutes until class starts. He runs to the front door, and puts on his shoes. He goes out, locks the door, and walks his bike to the sidewalk. He starts his peddling, and goes to school.

 

 

 

 

He parked his bike and walked up to the building. He sighed and walked up those hundreds of steps. Why did he have to go to the school he sends his grades to? Why did he have to meet all of these people? Why did he and his parents get into a crash? He can't answer the last question because his uncle, the doctor, said if that if he told Junkai, Junkai might go through a mental illness of some sort. So, Junkai can't even grasp how it happened, who did it, and why they did it.

 

He walked into his new classroom, classroom two to be exact. He saw the other twenty-eight students, wondering where the twenty-ninth is. The teacher touched his shoulder, and told him to wait outside the classroom. He saw a young girl running from the bathroom to the classroom he was just in. There's the twenty-ninth...

 

As he heard the teacher state that there was a new student, but not saying why he's here, Junkai sighed. He watched many dramas. He knows it will be as cheesy as them too. He'll walk in, see his love of his life, and a different girl will like him, and he likes the girl that's bad, and doesn't believe the other, and then somehow, it all works out. Yeah, he doesn't want that to happen. So he'll pay little to no attention to any of their expressions or words.

 

He heard the signal to come in. He pushed his foot against the wall to boost himself off. He walked in, and looked at everyone casually.

 

"Hello, I'm Wang JunKai, I was formally a home school student for this school, but do to my situation, I will need to stay here for a semester or two. Please welcome me well, and let's not fight." Stated Junkai like he memorized the whole thing while he when coming to school. After his words, he bowed and walked to the empty seat that is next to the twenty-ninth and twenty-eighth student.

 

 

 

 

During the first class, math, he paid all of his attention to the teacher, and not the stares he received from the students in front of him. When it ended, he sat in the chair, hoping that all of the trouble-some kids would leave first.

 

"Hey, you're Wang Junkai, right?" The twenty-eighth asked.

 

"Yes, and you're the twenty-eighth student, am I right? Why would they place thirtieth between twenty-eighth and twenty ninth?" Junkai asked casually.

 

"Mh, that's because they want to seat the new kid between the other newer kids for the first week." Twenty-eighth said. "Oh, you may call me the twenty-eighth, Junkai-ge, but my name is Yi Yang Qian Xi." The student continued.

 

 

 

 

Yi Yang Qian Xi? Why that was one of his old friends he had over the summer. No, it couldn't be.

 

Junkai saw the twenty-ninth student stand up. "Oh, her name is Cong MingHua." QianXi stated.

 

The girl bowed and left the classroom.

 

Junkai stood up, noticing they're the last two students in the classroom. He honestly doesn't know where to go, but he'll get by. This QianXi fellow better not stick around him, otherwise he'll just have to leave the school.

 

He walked past the teacher's lounge, and heard a conversation.

 

"Ah, poor kid, Wang Junkai is. His parents and he got into a crash. And guess what? The crash was their fault. They were speeding, it was raining, and they were in a rush! It caused the other vehicle to crash into a pit. They had six year old twins in that van, and I heard that the two are in a coma now." The professor said.

 

In a coma? And he got out of the hospital within a week, and didn't have that much damage to himself? And the crash was his parents' fault? He walked toward the exit of the school with the maddest face he had in his collection. He was less that fifty feet away, and he slammed into someone who was running super fast. He fell onto the floor, onto his side. From his arm having a hairline fracture due to the accident, he screamed in pain, causing every student to be quiet.

 

Junkai grabbed his shoulder, and looked across the floor to see the twenty-ninth student, Cong MingHua, gather her papers. "I'm terribly sorry Junkai-ge, please forgive me." She said when she glared at Junkai.

 

QianXi came by. "I'll take you to the nurse, are you okay?" QianXi asked.

 

 

 

 

He looked at all of the stares he received. "I'm fine!" Junkai shouted, and walked to the exit.

 

 

 

 

He had only been taught one subject that day, but his arm, not forearm, feels like it's tearing through the muscle. He took some pain killers, and rested his arm on the side of his bed.

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, MingHua walked to the nurse's office. "Ma'am, please write Wang Junkai a leave notice, I bumped into him, and he's in serious pain from the fall." The girl said in a weak voice.

 

As the nurse was writing, she heard the bell for the next class. This was the first time she's been tardy........ But it's for Junkai, the handsome boy she met and bumped into. And she gave him pain.

 

"Since I did damage, please write me a note, I want to assist him." She asked.

 

 

 

 

The girl gathered Junkai's address, and arrived at the house. It's a rather large house, since his parents work at a big company. She had a bag full of things to help with muscles, bones, and head aches. He walked up to the door, and rang the door bell.

 

Junkai heard it, and got up. He hissed when he had to get himself up with his wrists. He went downstairs, and opened the door. He saw the girl there with red eyes.

 

"I'm sorry to disturb you, but if you don't mind, I'd like to fix my wrong doing.." She said in a shy tone, "I know your parents are probably sore at me.." She continued.

 

"My parents wont care because they're in surgery right now." Junkai said blankly. "You may come in, but don't think we're friends because of it." Junkai said, and turned around and walked further into the house.

 

MingHua came in, closed the door, and locked it. She took off her uniform sandals, and searched for the aching boy. She saw him in the kitchen, holding his arm.

 

"Oh my, I didn't know I bumped into that hard!" She gasped when she saw him.

 

"Since I had a hairline fracture I'm recovering from, you might have worsened it." Junkai said, looking into her eyes.

 

She let a tear out. She ed the other's shirt. "What are you doing?" Junkai stopped her by holding her wrists tightly.

 

"I need to see your arm, and the sleeves are too tight to put them above your collar bone." She said as she trembled.

 

He nodded, and took his arm from his sleeve. She took out a pack, and gently placed it on his arm. "The cold pack helps with the swelling." She said with a smile.

 

He nodded once more and looked at her bag that had more things in it. She turned to the kitchen. She took out a pot, and put it on the stove. She the burner after filling it with water. She took a chicken broth packet out of her bag, and waited for the water to come to a boil. She poured it into a bowl, and picked a spoon from the drawer.

 

"Here, I can tell you only ate one piece of buttered toast this morning, it's bad for your health if you don't eat enough at breakfast." She said in a soft tone.

 

Junkai looked at the broth she had cooked for him. "Are you studying to be a nurse?" He asked.

 

She stopped, and looked at him. "I never thought of it." She said with a confused look.

 

He nodded and took a sip of the broth. Afterward, the front door opened.

 

"Junkai! You better not be skipping school today!" Junkai heard his uncle.

 

"I'm not!" Junkai yelled back.

 

 

 

 

The master of the voice, the doctor, walked into the room, and saw this scene.

 

 

 

 

"Hello, Miss, who might you be?" The uncle asked.

 

"I'm Cong MingHua." She answered.

 

"Well, I'm Junkai's uncle, you his new girlfriend or something?" The uncle asked.

 

Junkai choked on the broth. "JiuFu! I told you, I'm not going to be in a relationship until I'm done with college and have a good job!" Junkai yelled at his uncle.

 

The uncle made an 'OooooOOoh!' face.

 

 

 

 

MingHua smiled as Junkai seemed to be in less pain. "To make up what I did, I'll do anything." The girl said innocently, obviously wanting to repay her sin.

 

Junkai rolled his eyes. "You did enough; your parents are probably upset that you skipped school." Junkai said.

 

She looked down and to the corner. "I haven't told them," She muttered, "I shall go to school and accept my punishment there. Thank you for letting me repay you, and if there's anything you need, here is my home phone number, I rather your arm not suffer from me." She said, handing him a piece of paper she wrote on.

 

"Oh, and please eat more for breakfast, I heard your stomach in the classroom." She said with a cute smile.

 

Junkai's never-ending emotionless lips curve up a tiny touch. She bowed and ran out of the house. Junkai looked at the broth that was still warm, and the bag the girl had left.

 

The uncle looked inside. "Was that the nurse's helper or something?" The uncle asked.

 

Junkai shook his head. He drank the last bit of the liquid, and stood up. Although her smile and icepack stopped the pain, getting up still hurt him. He went upstairs into his room. He sat at the desk and thought of what to do.

 

 

 

 

It was the next day; all was bright, just like the last. Junkai managed to wake up on time, and get to his routine. He took out a piece of bread. Then MingHua's face came to his mind; her cute lips curving into a smile, like an anime school girl, telling him to eat more. He smiled and brought out another piece.

 

Today was a bit different; he didn't feel too much in pain. He claims it's the weather and good night sleep, but he feels like it was MingHua's kind spirit that helped. He arrived, and walked into his classroom. He was the only one there. He looked at his watch, and saw it was an hour early. He shrugged it off and took out his math book. He guessed which problems were the homework problems, and did them. As it took thirty minutes, the door slammed open, revealing three kids laughing. They stopped when they saw Junkai. The slammed the door shut, and locked it.

 

"Well, look who it is, Wang Junkai, the dude that gets hurt over the butterfly, MingHua," One of them said, "Looks like you got over it." He continued.

 

Junkai notices, this is the tenth student. He's way behind....

 

"Listen, I had an accident, so it hurt when I fell, now it's fine, so leave me alone." Junkai stated.

 

They laughed. They walked up to Junkai. "Was it this arm?" Asked the kid while pointing at Junkai's right arm. The other two nodded.

 

Junkai can guess what was going to happen next. He just knows it. He closed his eyes, and bit his lip. He felt his forearm being held firmly. He felt a fist feel the area, then back up. The next thing sent Junkai into pain land. A punch right after another, right at his hairline fracture point. Three last year highschoolers, obviously good at sports, beating up on one arm... Did he scream? No, he didn't want to make it worse. Maybe it'll stop soon.

 

"Oh? He isn't making a noise?" The kid stated. He grabbed Junkai's perfectly made hair, lifted up Junkai's head with it, and punched him right in the jaw, followed by to punches on the other side.

 

He was let go, and he fell onto the floor. He felt his stomach being kicked in, and his back hitting against the metal rods under his chair.

 

 

 

 

The door was opened. The kicking didn't stop. They heard a gasp.

 

"Who are you beating up this time, DongHai?" A scared voice, yet bold asked.

 

"Yah Lover, Wang Jun-Jun-Kai!" He said with total disgust in his voice.

 

 

 

 

"Get out before I call the teachers!" She said with a mean look.

 

"Only because we don't beat up girls." He said as he snapped. The three walk out.

 

 

Junkai spat blood onto the floor. He picked himself up with his less damaged arm. She walked up to him. "I'm fine." Junkai stated.

 

He took paper towels from his backpack, and wiped his face from the still running blood. He grabbed some water from his water bottle, and cleaned more off, then cleaned the mess on the floor. He threw the paper towels away, and sat on his chair. His little bit of happiness, vanished into thin air. The little spirit MingHua transferred to him. Gone. Just like his school life. He can't afford to miss another day's school, so just up that blood, and get over yourself, Junkai.

 

 

 

 

A whole day of school went by. Junkai sat on his bike. He was about to start peddling, but he heard the voice.

 

"Junkai-ge, are you sure you're alright?" MingHua asked.

 

"Would I lie to you?" Junkai replied.

 

She thought for a moment. "Well, you haven't lied to me yet,.. So I suppose not." She said, touching her bottom lip with her arched finger.

 

"Okay then," Junkai said, "I'll see you tomorrow." Junkai said before bowing.

 

He left. When he did, MingHua sighed. "His small smiles are so cute~” She said with a smile.

 

 

 

 

He arrived at his house. He threw his backpack on his bed. He almost tore every button off of his shirt when he forced the buttons to leave the loop. He looked at his shoulder when he took off his shirt. Bruised, stained blood, and pain racing through every striated muscle fiber. His face had dried up blood coming from his lips and nose. He looked deep into his own eyes in the mirror.

 

"You lied." Junkai said before he stopped looking at himself.

 

 

 

 

He stepped into the shower after disrobing. The dried blood washes off his face, limb, and stomach. He'll be glad if his organs didn't get damaged from this. The skin is definitely damaged, but if any Internal organs are damaged, he's going to get those boys in serious trouble.

 

He came out, and put on a loose tank-top and shorts (Of course undees underneath). He sat on his bed, and took out his homework. He can't stop thinking about the little image of MingHua, 'You haven't lied to me yet'. Well, that was his first lie. He felt really bad about it.

 

"Maybe I'll make it up like she did, maybe tomorrow though.." He said in a tired voice.

 


I know, this chapter is long.  But the first two chapters will be introducing how the story goes.  So~ 
Please do comment and tell me how you think!  You're thoughts matter so much to us!  Thank you for reading!