Chapter 2 - Appearance

Teach Me what Love is

Junkai's alarm went off as usual.  It was Monday morning, and he was not ready to wake up.  He had school to do AND a lesson from MingHua.  The reason they didn't do it yesterday, was that the suit shop isn't open on Sundays.  So that means, MingHua will be teaching him during the time he usually does his homework.  He stands up, and cracks his back, neck, and fingers.  He walked to the bathroom, and looked at himself in the mirror. 

He might actually have a nice appearance by the time MingHua teaches him.  Though, what does this have to do with love?  What do roses have to do with love?  He can understand more with the roses, because when he handed some to his mother the other day, she was happy about it.  But why the clothing?  It's always good to wear good clothes, but why should this be in the line of learning how to love?  Maybe he'll learn at the end, like with the roses.

He took off his clothes, and stepped into the shower.  The water was surprisingly warm.  Usually this early in the morning, the water is always cold. He gets out of the shower, and dries himself off.  He looked at himself in the mirror once more before putting on his school uniform.  He brushed his teeth.  When his toothbrush grazes over a tooth, he felt a shock from his head down to his toes.  He washes out, and looks in the mirror.  He took a compact mirror, and looked at his tooth with it.  He touched the tip of his tooth, and it happened again. 

"I need to go to the dentist, don't I?"  Junkai asked himself in the mirror.

He took his comb, and combed his bangs.  He knows his bangs will just get messed up on the way to school, but for now he fixed it.  He picked up his backpack, and went downstairs.  Right now, his father's home, but his mother is still recovering.  She should be back by tonight. 

"Good morning!"  Junkai said with a smile.

"Ah, good morning, Son."  The father replied.

"Dad, may you schedule me a dentist appointment?  I touched this tooth,"  Junkai asked, pointing at the tooth, "and it shocked my whole body!  It must be one big cavity!"  Junkai continued.

The father looked to the side.  "I'll get to it, Son, don't forget to eat breakfast."  The father replied.

Junkai nodded, and took out an apple.  Since his bike is still at school, he's going to either A, go by bus, or B, run.  He feels energetic today.  He finishes the apple, and said his 'good bye' to his dad.

He walked out of the house after putting on his shoes. 

[This song plays while he runds to School: Link]

When he gets there, he fixes his hair.  He walks into the classroom, and sees that there is a note on his desk.  It said 'Meet me in the locker room'.  He knows this is probably DongHai's doing.  Does he go over there?  Sure, he can defend himself this time.  He walks over to the locker room, and opens the door like a boss.  He sees DongHai standing there singing.  Is this what he came to see? 

He sees a note on his locker.  Obviously, the DongHai wasn't planned.  He read the note, it said:  'Open'.  He tilted his head, and opened his locker.  He saw the new uniform set.  He took it out, and saw it was the winter uniform.  There was a note with it: 'Put it on, it's the new season!!'.  He took off his uniform, and put it in his locker.  He put on the white pants, and wrapped his belt around his waist in the loops.  He was about to put on the white shirt, but he heard his name be called.  By DngHai of course.

He turned around, and looked at the bully.  The bully had a mean smile, and punched his fist into his hand, threatening.  Junkai rolled his eyes.  He picked up DongHai, and put him in the shower, and turned the water on super cold.  He went back to his clothes, and put his shirt and vest on.  The other bullies look scared.

"I didn't want to be late, so I cut the chase.  Bye."  Junkai said to the two looking at him.  He smirked and threw the two's gym clothes that have obviously been cut.

He went to his classroom, and saw MingHua smiling.  He copied her smile, and walked to his seat.  "Thank you, I didn't know we had different season uniforms."  Junkai said with a smirk.

MingHua didn't look at him, she just smirked.

"Ah!  Junkai, I feel so out of place!  I didn't know that they issued the winter uniforms yet!"  Yuan said, sitting down next to him. "You're a new student here, and this is yoiur first year of real school!  And you're already up to date!  I must follow your appearance as an example for my life!"  Yuan praised.

Appearance?  Maybe MingHua already taught the lesson then! He saw the teacher walk in.  He opened his math book, and learned.


It was after school.  Junkai yawned, and put his head on his desk.  He was TIRED. He felt a a tap on his shoulder.  He saw it was MingHua.  He stood up, and yawned.  They were walking together to the suit shop. 

"Now, Junkai, you need to remember.  The Key is to wear something that other people like.  Some people like hip-hop clothes, others like fancy suits.  Probably a lot of people you know like men in suits." MingHua stated the facts.

Junkai nodded, and looked at the suit selection.  He saw one suit in particular.  He smirked and looked at MingHua.  "I want to surprise you~ Go over there!"  Junkai said with a teeth smile.

He picked up the suit, and walked into the changing room.  Heput on the pants and the shirt.  He then put on the jacket.  He looked around, and saw a vase of fake roses.  He picked them up and looked into the mirror.

He walked out, and called for her.  “How do I look?”



MingHua couldn't believe her eyes.  He was so cute!  But what surprised Junkai, was that she went to the female section of the store, and picked out a matching dress.  She looked beautiful in Junkai's eyes.  His eyes widen, and look all around her.

He dropped the roses, and walked up to her.  "MingHua, what is this feeling I have?"  Junkai asked.

"What feeling do you have?"  She replied shyly.

"My heart beat, I can hear it.  It sounds like a machine, and its going out of control.  My head feels dizzy.  But at the same time, I feel like none of this is real.. Like it's a simulation."  Junkai explained.  "What is this?"  Junkai asked.

MingHua came even closer.  "Junkai, this is love."  MingHua stated.

"Why is it I don't have this feeling with anyone else?  I love my parents too."  Junkai asked.

MingHua put her hand over his heart.  "This is a special love, a love between only two people."  She said with innocent eyes.

Junkai leaned down, and kissed the girl's lips very gently.  "I'm in love then?"  Junkai asked.

She nodded and hugged him.

His eyes widen.  "I'm in love!"  Junkai shouted with a smile.  He hugged her once more before running out of the shop, leaving MingHua confused.

He ran so far, he had gotten to the hospital where his mother rests and his father watches after her.  He runs intp the room, and pushes his uncle out of the way.

"Ma, Ba!"  Junkai said between pants. 

"What's wrong dear?"  The mother asked.

"Nothing wrong!  NOTHING!!! Everything's wonderful!!"  He said, skipping around the room.

"Son, what happened?"  The father asked, stopping Junkai's movement.

Junkai giggled once before opening his mouth.  "I'm in love~~"