Five

End Of The Wars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When we reached the village, I been blown by the sight. The village is bigger than what I been imagine. The children stop playing when they saw us. The elders who was seating watching the children also look at us. The atmosphere change drastically. From joy to tense. Everyone watching us without saying anything. They all in high alert.
“Song In Ha.....” one lady called and run toward In Ha and hug her tight.
“Eomma.....” In Ha said and hug her back. 
“Thanks god you’re alive.” She said.
“Is my friends here already?” I asked when I don’t see them among the villager. In Ha’s mom looks at me and wiped her tears as she let In Ha go from her arms.
“Yes, they here already.” She answer but didn’t look happy to see me. I can understand that because to them we’re enemy and a killer.
“I need to talk to Older Shin.” In Ha said.
“Sure. We will talk, you and me, later.” She said and follow us to the Older Shin tent. 
I saw Mr. Po and Mr. Yamazaki sitting down talking with Older Shin, I think.
“Older Shin, I think I need to talk with you......” In Ha said.
“Have a seat first. You have a long journey to come back.” He said in calm voice but full with leader charisma. I follow In Ha and seat next to Mr. Po.
“I already heard your plan from your friends. We can talk more tomorrow....” He said again. In Ha nods.
I take a warm bath and change into clean clothes. After dinner that night we go to sleep. 
I wake up when I heard a rooster crow. The cold hit me too. I wrap myself in the thick blanket and walk toward the window. The morning mist at the outside makes all of this so dreamy. Beautifully strange. I heard someone walking behind me and I looks over my shoulder. It’s In Ha’s mom.
“Come go out and have a hot coffee.” She said and I smile. Accept her invitation. I walked out from In Ha’s tent and sit at the small table. In Ha’s mom serve the hot coffee in a big mug. I can see the steam from the coffee mug and the smell so enchanting. I feel calm and comfortable too.
“In Ha told me that you save her and let her stay at your house.” She began.
“Yes.”
“Thank you..... She also told me what is your plan.”
“I just want to help.....”
“I understand but.......” When she said ‘but’ I can feel she don’t like the idea. Yes it’s dangerous but this is the only way I could think of to help them. This will make the world learn about them but at the same time we expose their whereabouts. There is a lot to gamble here. Their safety is the main topic.
“I’m afraid your effort will be wasted.”


****Kang Haneul****


Haneul go report himself for his duty. He join the meeting and listen to the point.
“Sir, We found movement near the border since last night. I believe it’s West Army. We don’t know what their motive for now because they move with small number of army.” Haneul’s team member Corporal Yoo said. 
“Do we need to send our team to investigate?” Haneul asked.
“I thought we just wait but tighten our border security. I already gave order to them.” 
“Good.... monitor every move they made. If they getting to near with our border, send our team there.” Haneul said. After meeting he seat at his desk and looking at the picture frame on his desk. Kim Hanna.
He just met her but he miss her already. Haneul smile then he do his work.
The next day, Corporal Yoo report again.
“Sir, its look like they going further from our border but......”
“But what?”
“From what we saw they chasing one small group.” Haneul feel strangely nervous. Like he can sense something is not right.
“Who are they?”
“They could be our people. They going out from our border last night.”
“Last night? What time?”
“9 pm.” Kim Hanna..... his small voice from his mind said. Just 1 hour after he gone. 
Haneul call Hanna but he can't reach her. He called Ji Soo.
“Where is Hanna?” He asked.
“Japan.... we at Japan now.” Ji Soo lies.
“Put her on.... I want to talk with her.”
“ She’s not with me now. She in restroom.”
“Ji Soo, please tell me the truth. Where is Hanna? She could be in danger now. West Army at their tails....”
“What? West Army? Are you sure?”
“Come here.” Haneul said. 
Not long after they talked in phone, Ji Soo come to Haneul’s office. 
“Japan, huh?” Haneul said while clenching his teeth. He barely stop himself from punching Ji Soo. 
“What are you thinking? This is dangerous. I already have a hunch when I saw border maps at your meeting room.”
“Well you know Hanna..... there is nothing could stop her once she already made her mind.”
“What do you mean with that?”
“This idea come from Hanna when she save someone from borders.”
“What?!”
“Do you still remember casualty at the border 3 years ago? She’s that person sister. Since that day, Hanna keep trying to find his people..... and its proof what her believe is true.” Ji Soo explain. 
“Hanna going to border alone?”
“Most of the time yes..... I kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter