One

End Of The Wars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

I sit at the coffee shop looking at the photo in my camera. I work as freelance photographer and I don’t have any theme. I just take picture that I think pretty and nice.
“Kim Hanna!!” I’m surprise when someone almost shout my name. I looked up and saw his face. I immediately smile hope my smile will melt his anger. 
“Where are you going? I looking everywhere for you....” He said and sit down. He drink my ice coffee and finish it in one breath. I know he must be very thirsty and worry with my sudden disappeared.
“Sorry..... I.... I.... Kang Haneul, I’m hungry....” I said then smile again. He take a deep breath and shakes his head slowly. I never tell him how he look when he angry . I feel cold and scare because of his aura and charisma. He’s not a bad person and he is very caring. One of people that I cherish very much.
“Now you sweet talk with me..... What you do while you’re MIA on me? Why you don’t eat while waiting for me?”
“I’m waiting for you so we can eat together.....Palli....choose your menu. I’m hungry.” 
“Araso.... I will let you go for today but next time......”
“Ara...you will punish me.”
“Ani...I will kills you.” He said and I just laugh and nods. Suddenly Kang Haneul hold my hand tight and I look at him. He don’t look angry or upset but serious. Like there is something make him worry.
“Don’t MIA on me.... I will find you even if you go to the end of the world.....” He said and I nods. Understand his message perfectly. 
“I understand....Don’t worry. I won’t MIA on you.”
“If you want to break up with me....I will respect your decision and I will let you go but don’t disappear on me.”
“I understand Kang Haneul.....” I know what he means with MIA because my father is a soldier so Kang Haneul is. MIA meaning that I could be dead somewhere and no one can help me. There is no such thing as no news is a good news for him and my dad. If I wish to not talk with them just tell them directly and they will give me time to cool down. Don’t just simply don’t answer the phone and stay silent.
This what I like the most about Haneul. He respect me and love me unconditionally. Its hard to see him upset or angry but I don’t like to see his serious face. His serious face seem like he could kills someone with his laser eyes.
After dinner Haneul send me home and my dad asked him to join him for a cup of coffee.
I go to my room and call Kim Ji Soo. My partner in crime. I know him since high school and Haneul once believe that Ji Soo and I were in relationship.
“Ji Soo-ah, can you come over tonight? I want to go to this place.” I asked while standing near with my door. I don’t want anyone to know about my crazy plan for tonight.
“Are you sure you want to do this? If Haneul know, he will kill me.”
“That’s why you should never tell anyone about this. Are you in or out?”
“I’m in. If I’m out from this plan you will go alone.” Ji Soo said which make me smile. He know me too well.
“What are you looking at that place?”
“A thousand years of treasure chest.” I said make Ji Soo scoff. 
“Ya right.... treasure chest. If Haneul found out later both of us will be bury 6 feet under together with your treasure....” I laugh.
“Do you scare of Haneul that much?”
“Yah if I have girlfriend like you, I will be more strict than Haneul because I know how mischievous you are.”
“I prefer free spirit than mischievous....”
“Whatever you like Kim Hanna.... I will make preparation. I will come when you send me our secret code.”
“Ok....”
The world now days is very different than 50 years ago. Now its separated with 2 sided, East and West. No one ever cross over the big wall around the border. I always wonder what is there beyond the wall. Is there a place like here too? 
I found a place that very close with the border and no army guard that place. It could be a chance for me to go out from this city without no one knowing it.
I sit down with Haneul and my dad but I barely focus on them. My mind keep thinking about tonight mission. I already made my preparation and I will go after my dad sleep and Haneul go home.
“Appa, what if suddenly I’m not coming home?” I asked suddenly make Haneul face turn red from blushing. My dad smile then looks at Haneul.
“Kang Haneul did you do something to my daughter?” My Dad asked make me understand finally.
“Appa....its not like that..... I just asked something that nothing to do with Haneul.”
“Do you have someone else and you will run away with him?” 
“Appa!! It’s not like that.... Aaahhhh ...forget it.” I said and just look at the TV. My dad and Haneul just laugh. I could feel my face burning hot from embarrass. 
“I will turn this earth upside down just to find you.... If that what you means with if you suddenly not coming home.” He answer and I look at him. Satisfied with his answer. 
“I have no one else only you.... So I will do whatever power I have to find you back to me again.... safe and sound.” I no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter