Second Chapter| [Memory Box]

Fool's Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Second Chapter| When We Parted

Jung Eunji| Son Naeun

 

“First loves… It was one of the biggest trap people can never run away from.” Eunji muttered as she was playing with a Rubik’s cube on her hand. A song was playing through her earphones but she only had one of it on. At that moment, she was focusing on three things, or maybe four. The song, the Rubik’s cube, Oh Hayoung and her thoughts of the past.

“This is why I could never like Son Naeun. Who could stick you up in a puddle for a long time? I mean, you are always weak because of her!”

The two girls were in the rooftop, having their lunch. The sky wasn’t that bright, in fact it was clouded. Eunji was hoping for a small chance of sunshine but nothing. The atmosphere was just as dark as her heart.

“I was never weak because of her, or because of love. We all just tend to be fools because of it.” Eunji chuckled as she finished the easy puzzle in a minute before throwing it off on the edge, hoping that no one would be hit down below. “First love… that’s all it was. A dungeon you can never run out from. You can’t move on from it. You can’t run away from it. You just stand there and you’ll hear that first song, you’ll see the first balloons and you’ll just realize you are locked up on it. Because that’s your first…”

The older girl stood up, resting her hand on the pockets of her blazer before heading to the doors.

And the moment it closed, the tears welled up her cheeks; hoping, wishing and praying that it will be the last time she’ll cry for her.

     “Hey, four eyes! What are you doing here?!” Thirteen year old Jung Eunji chattered as she spotted a little girl in her middle school class huddled up in a hidden spot of the park. She was on her way home, when she noticed something moving earlier on. Thinking that it might be a ghost that she could befriend with, she approached only to see that little girl.

        That little girl was Son Naeun, who used to have those big pair of eye glasses. She’s that little girl who used to be in the farthest back in the class, the quietest one. The little brunette, who used to be such a social butterfly, tried to befriend her before but never really got a reply so she thought it was better to step back. However, seeing Naeun silently weeping on the hidden spot of a tree, something tugged the little brunette’s heart.

        She doesn’t like it, for one lame stupid reason. She just seemingly hates it.

        Twelve year old Son Naeun looked up at that moment and sniffed remnants of tears and snot all over the place. Little Eunji almost cracked a laugh if she weren’t being careful. “Why are you talking to me…?” She asked back, looking away.

        “I-I want to talk to you! Am I not allowed to! Then what am I supposed to do?” The thirteen year old pouted and squatted down to be on Naeun’s eye level. Unknowingly, she flashed her cute eye smile, finally offering her hand in the process.

        “W-what are trying to do?”

        “You’re supposed to hold my hand like this…” Right then, the little brunette clasped her hand to the other girl, entwining their fingers before standing up. “You wanted that big teddy bear in the local toy store right? I saw you looking at it earlier. Do you want to go and see it?”

        “B-but…”

        “Come on, it’ll cheer you up. Especially since I’m gonna be here for you from now on~”

 

       “Uh… thank god my money was enough.” Fourteen year old Jung Eunji cheered as she received the big stuffed toy she has been saving up for almost a year now. Her younger best friend’s birthday was today and she was readying for a little surprise. It wasn’t much

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter