| Mermaid | Haejoon |

| Boys 24 - One Shots |

My first love was a mermaid ]

I remember it all as if it happened yesterday

I remember it all as if it happened yesterday.

All the signs were out there to not go into the ocean. The high waves, dark clouds and the few droplets of rain coming from the dark clouds above.

However I was stubborn.

I had just learned how to surf, and with my stubborn 16 year old head I had to go surfing that day.

If I didn't then I would have never met her- which would be a sad thing. But also a relief because my heart wouldn't have been broken as it was back then.

The weather only got worse when I got in the ocean, my family yelled at me to get back to shore- but I ignored all their desperate calls. It was distracting me so I zoned them out, pretend I didn't hear them as I prepared myself for the coming wave.

If only that wave didn't hit me that soon. Then I might have made it out on my own. But no, it took me by surprise as the strong lower part of the wave was dragging me further into the ocean. I tried to come back to the surface to breath- the only thing I needed so desperately in this situation.

But every time I got to the surface- I was pulled back under water. I slowly felt my consciousness slip away from me. As I felt myself getting pulled deeper into the water, I accepted my faith.

A hard hit on my chest made me jump up as I coughed up the water I had swallowed earlier. I had tears in my eyes because of how much my throat hurt.

"Are you okay?" A soft voice asked.

I rubbed the tears out of sight as I looked around- just trying to figure out who the voice belonged to. But I couldn't figure it out.

There was no one in sight, that was until I saw her, a girl hiding behind a broad rock- almost as if she was hiding something from me. Of course I didn't get what was going on here, did she actually save me? Did she save me after I was too stubborn to listen to the ones who care? But how could someone so small save me? Or perhaps I was washed up here and she just found me like this.

However I noticed how worried she looked, never taking her eyes off me. Afraid something would happen to me and it would all be her fault.

"Who are you" I asked her.

"Are you okay?" she repeats.

I sit up right as I study her features, she looks very pretty. But I do find it odd that she doesn't approach me, after asking me twice if I'm okay.

I stand up as I take a look around to figure out where I am. All I see is that I'm on the off side of the beach, in the distant I can see the beach houses I was staying at.

The thing I noticed was the weather, the storm had calmed down and now a pretty light blue colour was decorating the sky.

"Don't come closer" she told me as she backed away from the rock.

I got confused as I saw the top part of her body floating in the water.

She really is hiding something from me, and she now has made me curious what it is.

"What why? What's going on".

The girl shakes her head as backs out futher, "I just need to know if you're okay, tell me you're fine".

I raise one of my eyebrows.

"What do you mean? You're planning on swimming away like some athletic swimmer and leave me here to die? Just tell me what's going on" I ask her again.

She shakes her head, "you wouldn't understand".

"I won't if you don't try" I reply as little harsh, immediately regretting on how rude I sounded.

She sighs as she swims back towards the rock she was hiding behind earlier.

"I'm not an athletic swimmer, I just saw you" she says as she looks down. "How can someone be so stupid, who goes out on sea in this kind of weather. I saw you from a distant, trying to stay on that thing. But then you fell in and I couldn't leave you".

She saved me?

She just saw me?

Is she a freaking mermaid?

"Were you? But how? I don't get it".

She gives me a sad smile, "you won't understand".

I raise one of my eyebrows as I watch her swim towards me- to a part I can fully see her.

What I see takes me by surprise, my jaw drops as I study her features- or should I say tail. There's a blue greenish tail where legs should be.

"You're... a mermaid" I whisper as I sit back down, closer to her as I dangle my feet in the water. "That does explain things".

She looks up surprised, "Why aren't you freaking out like the others did".

"Honestly I should be freaked out right now, but for some reason I don't care. You're still beautiful" I tell her, making her cheeks heat up. "But how do you speak my language? Not trying to offend you".

She chuckles softly, "I picked it up from the fishermen I come across. However you really are something".

I simply shrug my shoulders.

"I've always been open minded to new things, you never know what could happen. If you're lucky you could meet a mermaid".

Her laugh makes me feel all giddy inside, it's so melodic and soothing.

Even though I'm still trying to figure out what happened and how 'the Little Mermaid' books are real.

"Anyway I'm Haejoon, Lee Haejoon".

"It's nice too meet you Haejoonshe smiles, she leans forward as she presses a soft kiss on my cheek. "I have to go now, but don't worry we will meet again. Please be save" she adds.

After one last smile she dives into the water, leaving me behind.

-x-x-x-

Now five years later I'm sitting at a restaurant, close by the sea.

The same waters that almost took my life, where I met her.

It's sad to say that I never saw her again. Every day I visited the spot where she dropped me off at, hoping that she might visit me again. But she never came.

I was so deep in thoughts that I didn't notice the waitress standing next to me, until she cleared .

"Can I take your order, Lee Haejoon" a familiar voice asks me.

When I look up I see her standing there, along with the same smile she showed me five years ago.

My first love is a mermaid ]

[ My first love is a mermaid ]