heart o1

Double Tap Heart

[Lee Miyeon] he was totally checking you out when you weren’t looking!!!

I wasn’t there but I’m sure he wasn’t…

[Park Raon] are you sure? It didn’t feel like it back then

That’s because he wasn’t!

[Lee Miyeon] that’s the male strategy!! makes you think they’re uninterested to force you to make the first move!!!

What? No, that’s not true

[Park Raon] oh?

Dude, oh my god, don’t believe it

[Lee Miyeon] trust me, I understand how men work

No, you don’t!

Taehyung waited until he was sure Raon went to sleep to let out a frustrated groan. After finishing her conversation with her friend, she sent one last “goodnight” text to that douchebag before going to bed.

The bastard didn’t reply even though he received and read the text. Taehyung could see it on one of his computer screens. He was probably going to ignore the text or answer around 3 or 4 in the morning when Raon would be sleeping to avoid getting in a conversation with her. And honestly, Taehyung wasn’t sure which option was better…

One time, he almost hacked the guy’s phone to send a nice text to Raon for once but he thankfully stopped himself before doing so. That was a stupid move which would give Raon false hopes. Sometimes, he wondered if he should delete all the dude’s social accounts (it was stupid, he could create new accounts), maybe Taehyung could just get rid of him or text Raon to move on or something, the guy annoyed him to no end but then again, he wasn’t supposed to interfere with an ongoing case. 

To this day, he still had no idea why Park Raon’s profile was among the ones he was recently assigned to monitor. But he didn’t mind, he was highly suspicious of her at first but she appeared to be your average college student, she didn’t text that much as she only had a few friends, she used her email address for important matters only and spent most of her time on the internet watching cartoons and doing her assignments.

When it became clear that she liked memes, she unknowingly gained Taehyung’s infinite respect and love. Other than that, he learned that she loved reading hardcover books, Taehyung didn’t understand why. EBooks were cheaper and took less space but in all honesty, he was just bitter over the fact that he couldn’t know what kind of books she was reading.

He shivered at this last thought, that was wrong, he was curious about her but he felt like a ing creep. He even told his superior, Namjoon, that he had most likely been assigned the wrong person because she didn’t seem suspicious at all but even Namjoon couldn’t do anything about it. This file came from the higher-ups, he told him.

But each day, he felt like he was invading her privacy (he was) and the guilt was bothering him. He never felt like this before because he knew the people he was watching were criminals, but clearly, she wasn’t, or at least he hoped so.

Raon seemed like a nice girl. But Kim Jiwon was her only problem.

Taehyung knew it was wrong but he did a quick research on him when he learned of his existence. The guy was an absolute douchebag, he wondered what Raon liked about him but it seemed like she didn’t even know him at well.

Girls, he thought, something I will never understand.

Each time the subject came up in Raon's conversations, Taehyung had to stop himself from logging out of the session. It didn’t help that her friend, Lee Miyeon, seemed certain that Kim Jiwon was interested in Raon when he clearly wasn’t. At least, Moon Gayoung, Raon’s best friend, seemed to share his opinion on the matter but she unfortunately didn’t voice her thoughts that much.

He sighed. He was so glad he was over college and all the drama with it.

A notification got him out of his thoughts. Raon received a message.

 

[Kim Jiwon] hmm ok thanks

 

It was three in the morning.

He ing knew it.