The Plan

There's More To Life Than Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though she's tired, Lisa can't sleep. She's been rolling in her bed and she'd lost count on how many times she's been doing that. She tried counting sheep in her head, didn't work. Listened to her sleep playlist, didn't also. Suhyun toured her around Jeju, but did not last long because the manager of the villa needed her. Though Suhyun insisted that Lisa would be fine alone, the blonde rejected the thought. She needed someone to show her around, and a map can't provide that.

 

Lisa asked Jennie if the older can tour her around the island. But Jennie plainly pointed out, "Sorry, but we don't offer touring packages here."

 

As for Jennie, despite of her uncle's plea,  she didn't listen, her reason? She's not in the mood.

 

Well, she always was. She tried to be as friendly as possible during the sudden encounter this morning. But she doesn't know the blonde yet. All that she knows is, Lisa is one of her uncle's students,  as the latter emphasized "one of his best students". Jennie, in her usual mood swings, turned down the blonde. She's confident that the younger will not share any information to the ahjussi left in Seoul. It appears that Lisa knew nothing about Jennie and Jae Suk's relationship yet.  And also, the order relayed to her. To make her conscience clearer than ever, she mumbled to herself, "If she's that great, she can make her ways here. "

 

But she felt a little bit of guilt too,  Lisa appears nice based on how the younger bowed to her. Yeah,  Jennie can be cold,  but she has a good judgement when it comes to minding other people's actions. As far as she can comprehend,  the Thai wants to make friends, or in a simpler thought, acquiantance. So that someone, in an island that she knows nothing of, can show her around. Because of this,  she appointed Suhyun,  one of her trusted staff and a Jeju local, to tour Lisa around during her stay. She also gave the blonde a map, in case she'll be needing it.

 

Back to the wakeful blonde.

 

"What the hell. Insomnia's been bothering me."

 

Lisa got out of her room to get some fresh air,  who knows she may meet god of sleep outside. She let her feet lead in her way. While walking,  she recollected her thoughts. She forgot to tell her professor that she finally arrived in Jeju. She thought of sending him a message,  but she realized that she left her phone in her room. "Ah, I'll call him first thing tomorrow then."

 

She still can't believe Jennie turned her down. At first,  she thought the latter was friendly, but it turns out the brunette has unexpected mood swings. How can someone shift their mood as fast as that? The little ray of hope of having a beautiful tour guide during her trip darkened.

 

"Good evening Miss Lisa,  can't sleep eh?  Would you like something to drink?" Because Lisa was so busy swimming in her thoughts, she didn't notice she's in the villa's mini bar.

 

 "Nah,  I'm fine Suhyun,  and I don't drink,  but I would like some tea if you have." Lisa settled herself to one of the bar stools in the counter.

 

Suhyun left Lisa to prepare her tea. She shifted her position to have a nice view of the beach. The moon and the starry night gives it a radiant view that makes the water glow, the cold breeze of the air brushed her blonde hair.  While appreciating mother nature's creation, she sighted a lit up cottage, with a figure that she definitely recognize. Meanwhile,  Suhyun came back with her tea.

 

"Hey,  Suhyun, is that your boss, Jennie? " Lisa inquired with her finger pointing Jennie's direction.

 

Suhyun followed her gaze,  "Sheesh, not again. "

 

"What 'not again'?" Lisa with furrowed eyebrows and curiousity beating her asked.

 

"Well," Suhyun addressed while wiping the table. "Boss isn't always like that. As I can see,  she's drinking again. And we all not like it when she's drunk, especially my brother. Why I didn't notice it earlier? Manager will surely scold me tomorrow."

 

Lisa took a sip of her tea, then continued with her interrogation. "Why? What happened to him?"

 

Suhyun now wiping the glasses replied, "My brother Chanhyuk approached her. I'm the one who instructed him to do so. Because I was worried that Boss might catch a cold in the beach. I told him to usher Boss Jennie back in her room to get a good night sleep. "

 

Lisa's listening with her attentive ears to Suhyun who then continued. "To his surprise,  Boss yelled at him,  saying random things. Gosh,  I almost laughed when I saw his face. But then I saw it beet red and I knew he got his beating. "

 

"And then? " Lisa  further inquired.

 

"He said,  Boss Jennie is so  heart broken."

 

Lisa processed what she heard. "Heart broken?  So she drinks if she's heart broken?"

 

"It's the second time actually. As far as I know,  she's not that fond of alcohol. So,  the way I see it,  yes." Suhyun said.

 

Lisa got up from her seat. "I'll go talk to her. "

 

"I'm not so sure that's a good idea. You'll regret it for the rest of your life." Suhyun declared.

 

"Gosh Suhyun,  I think you're being over dramatic. I'm just gonna say hi. And besides, I wanted to confirm if she's drinking or not. Our view from here isn't clear."

 

"Don't tell me I didn't warn you Miss Lisa. I hope you can sleep soundly after you talk to her. "

 

Lisa found Jennie with her rested arms in the table, her head above it. Lisa got her answer. She's also certain that the shorter girl has been drinking all night,  by the number of empty bottles scattered in the table. Some are in the cottage's floor.

 

Lisa softly tapped Jennie's shoulder, "Hey,  Jennie,  wake up. I'll help you to your room."  Lisa scanned the area again, "Wow,  you drank all  of these? "

 

Jennie opened her eyes to oversee who's speaking, "W-whatt? Who-- oh, Ohh the blonde Thai is here!  Come join me."

 

Jennie isn't fond of alcohol but she don't hate it though. To her,  alcohol is her reliable companion at times like this, she wanted to forget,  she wanted to wash away the pain,  every single bit of it. All the hurt and sorrow are coming back to her again.

 

"Hey,  that's enough,  you're drunk. "

 

"Who's drunk?  Em not dr-drunk. I'm not even halfway there. Just a little bit,  tipsy. Come here,  sit beside me. "Jennie pulled Lisa beside her.

 

"What the hell Jennie."

 

Jennie reached out for another bottle of beer and opened it, which she handed over to the frustrated Lisa, "Sssssshhhhhhhhh. Don't talk. Drink this. "

 

"Hey,  I don't drink and  I hate alcohol! Get that away from me. " Lisa said trying her best to shove away the bottle Jennie's offering her.

 

"Hmm? Why?  You're so rude. Don't listen to her beer." Jennie hugged her bottle of beer like a stuffed toy protecting it from Lisa's words. The brunette takes another sip which made Lisa annoyed.

 

"You can't be serious."

 

"What?!"

 

"Okay,  that's it. I guess Suhyun is right,  I shouldn't have come here. Enjoy your beer Jennie Kim,  goodnight. "

 

When Lisa's about to stand up,  Jennie stopped her by grabbing her wrist. "Where 're you goin' huh?  We're not finished yet. I'm not even drunk. Stay here. "

 

Jennie successfully stopped Lisa from escaping, she then captured the blonde's face. Because of Jennie's actions, they stared at each other and stayed like that for a while. Lisa felt her cheeks burning. "Hey,  what are you doing? "

 

Jennie smirked,  "Hmm,  not bad, not bad." The brunette remarked while inspecting Lisa's face like a furniture if it's a good buy,  she continued "You're such a beaut you kno' that? "

 

Lisa's surprised to hear that words coming out from Jennie's mouth, remembering what happened this morning. She felt good upon knowing that Jennie finds her pretty,  for she is admiring Jennie's beauty too. "Uhm, yeah, thank you. Same goes for you too."

 

But Jennie seem not to hear anything,  she began pinching Lisa's face. "Such mmmh, chubby cheeks. How many hearts did you broke already huh? "

 

Lisa took Jennie's question as a compliment, she then acknowledge the brunette's query, "Well,  I--"

 

Jennie slapped Lisa out of the blue. The blonde forgot she's talking to a drunk girl. She stopped herself with all her might not to punch Jennie's face. No one,  in her existence,  has slapped her,  not even her aunt, or even her parents if that would count. "Ouch!  What the fu- What was that for!? "

 

"You!  Tsk tsk tsk. Don-don't break other's heart! Don'-play with it. It hurts so much you kno'. So so much. "

 

"Guess what?!  I'm not. You pun--"

 

Jennie carressed Lisa's cheek that she slapped,  which made the latter stop on her cussing, she then inquired the blonde, "Does it hurt? "

 

"Hell it is! "

 

"If that's the case,  let's make it even then. " Jennie slapped Lisa again,  now in her left cheek. As a result of the slaps, Lisa felt her blood boiling,  her face is definitely scorching. When she's about to make her revenge, Jennie smiled at her. Jennie flashed her gummy smile to Lisa's face,  which Lisa can say is pure perfection.

 

"Well,  I didn't know you can smile like that. "

 

"Hmm?  What smile?  I'm not smiling. "

 

"That. What do you call that then? Ugh,  what's the point,  you're definitely drunk. Come on,  I'll take you to your room. "

 

"I said no!" Jennie is still looking at Lisa's face,  they're so close that they can feel each other's breaths.

 

"Gods Jen,  you smell awful. Let's go, its pretty late. "

 

"No! No!  I said I won't go!" Jennie shouted at Lisa's face with her hands grabbing the blonde's collar.

 

Because of the little gap between them,  Lisa can clearly see Jennie's eyes. It would be so beautiful if it weren't empty. Lost. She definitely knows what that eyes meant,  for she looked at the same eyes in the mirror every god damn day years ago. Lisa,  with a little knowledge about drunk people, used this opportunity to make Jennie open up to her, and maybe, she can finally convince the latter to tour her around the island, if Jennie can remember the following day. For the blonde knows that drunk people tend to spill things out they aren't able to say when they're sober.

 

"Jennie what's wrong?  I know that we just met  but you can tell me what's bugging you, I'm not a complete stranger now but they say that it's much easier to open up with people you didn't know. "

 

"Really? " Jennie said,  on the verge of crying out the tears she's been holding back. Bottle of beer isn't enough,  she knows it at the pit of her soul. She needed someone to talk to, or atleast someone who will patiently listen to her. She hated the fact that it is Lisa who's now with her. She's so embarrassed of herself that her first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter