The Challenge & The Comeback

There's More To Life Than Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The place is quite different. Everything is now neatly covered in white cloth. Jennie's roaming around through her apartment,  giving one last look to the things she must leave. She asked Rosè to help her, the younger said yes,  but being a rebel that she is,  she didn't came. Jennie expected it though,  but she is also half expecting that the latter will pop out and give her a hand to make the chores easier and besides,  who doesn't want a companion? 


She left her room just the way it is to spend one more night in the city. Jennie decided to hang out with Rosè later as the younger insisted because the guilt she's feeling will not leave her for not helping her bestfriend and breaking her promise,  she wants to spend some time with her before the older will finally go back to Seoul. 


Just then, Jennie's phone light up. She extends her hand to her bedside table. She then reads the notification in the screen with a name, 'Yoo Hyuk sam-chon'

"Jennie yah,  I want you here tomorrow. I'm expecting you. Please don't disappoint me. Come straight to the house after you arrive,  we have some very important matters to talk to. Anyway, have a safe flight. Goodnight. "


Another message in the screen shows up,  and it's still from her uncle. 

 

"And oh, I will not wear my eyeglasses the moment you arrive,  I want to deeply gaze into your eyes,  because I just want to see you so much. I repeat, I will not wear my eyeglasses tomorrow,  it will be my welcome for you. I am so excited. Bye. "


"What?!  Now I'm thinking if I want to go back. Arrghh!  Why is he so rude? "


A loud knock from the door is heard from Jennie's room,  it must be Rosè she thought. 


"Hi there! " Rosè greeted Jennie as soon as she opened the door and ushered her in. Rosè wears her black party dress on,  the length of it was just two inches above her knee that anyone can still have a peek of her long flawless legs, she also curled her black hair a little bit that makes it slightly wavy. She also has her make up on that makes her twice as attractive. They both sat in Jennie's mini kitchen. 

 

"Jen,  you're not dressed yet?  I told you earlier that we're gonna hang out tonight right? "


"Actually,  I got lazy. I'm tired after cleaning up this place. Can we just stay here and order some food instead?  I still got wine here. "

 

"Okay then. We'll just order. With my make-up on and my party dress. Yeah,  lets just call for some food. "


"Yah!  I thought you wanted to spend some time with me before I leave?! What's with the blabbering? "

 

"I'm just joking!  Geez,  you really can't take jokes now. "

 

"I'm exhausted I guess,  and it's all your fault. "

 

"I'm here now,  and I'm sorry okay? Now what do you want to eat? "

 

"I'm fine with anything,  just don't forget my milk ice cream. "


Rosè ordered not plenty but sure it can feed three people. She ordered some mozzarella  pizza,  cheeseburgers,  fries,  chicken wings, some salad, and last but not the least Jennie's all time fave,  milk ice cream. 

 

"Wow. Are you sure these are just for the two of us? "

 

"Yeah.  Why?  You're not hungry?  I'm just filling your stomach some good food. "


"You're right,  and some bad calories. " Jennie sarcastically stated. 


"If you dont want to eat then leave it there. You told me you're fine with anything and now that 'anything' is in front of you and you're whining. "

 

"Ugh,  alright then. Let's just not fight, its my last night here in Oz. Thanks for coming over,  even though you really want to party. "

 

"Well you started it,  but I forgive you anyway. Besides,  its just one night and then I can party all I want because you're outta here by tomorrow and also there will be one less mouth to lecture me. "

 

Jennie stayed silent for a moment. Then she proceeds to Rosè whose delightly munching the 'good food' she ordered. 

 

"You really want me to disappear didn't you Chaeyoung? " Jennie replied with a seriousness in her face and tone of her voice, and Rosè knows that when she is called by Jennie in her real name,  she's in big trouble. She needs damage control real quick. 

 

"Jennie,  I was just kidding okay. Sorry,  I didn't mean it like that."

 

"No Chae,  its okay, really. I know you hate me being here.  I'm sorry if I followed you all the way from Seoul. I should've known. "

 

"Unnie,  I'm sorry. I will stop throwing jokes. Forgive me please. " 

 

Jennie mentally grinned,  feeling triumphant of making Rosè upset. The younger girl rarely calls her unnie,  its because she said they are only one year apart so why bother?  Besides they aren't in their home country. Jennie knows whenever Rosè calls her unnie she mean it,  like really mean it, its not only Rosè whose knowledgeable about the two of them,  Jennie too. 

 

She faced the younger girl,  lifting her chin up, she boasts, "Yah!  Got ya." Jennie  winked then laughed to an embarrased Rosè, "I thought I will never hear you calling me unnie for the last time. "

 

Rosè sat up straight,  regaining her composure, damn she tasted her own medicine. "I-its my ugh,  well,  my farewell present, so I guess you like it,  you're welcome by the way. "

 

"I really like it when you call me unnie Chae,  why don't you start doing that?  I'd be glad."

 

Yeah,  Rosè also knows if her unnie is sincere if she calls her by her real name,  not just by getting disappointed and upset you kno. 

 

They've been best friends since they can remember, and their bond is like a family. For Rosè, family is not necessarily has to be family. It can also be found with friends, and other people. Like her unnie, Jennie. She loves her like a sister, and the sudden come back to S. Korea is making the younger sad. She's shy to admit it tho. 

 

"If you like it that much then okay,  I'll start calling you unnie right at this moment and to the succeeding days."

Jennie gives back a smile. 

"By the way unnie, are you sure you're ready?"

 

"Yes. My things are all packed."

 

"No,  that's not what I meant. I mean, are you ready to go back there again?  Don't tell lies to me,  I won't buy it. "

 

While Jennie is busy tracing the rim of her wine glass, she confessed to the worried Chaeyoung. 

 

"Honestly Chae,  I don't know. I thought about it a hundred times after that phone call with uncle last week. If I'm not ready now when will I be?  If I will not face it, I think I can't let it go forever. I was thinking,  would you like to go with me? "

 

"Nah. You know unnie I like it here. But I will think about it, maybe not tomorrow okay? "

 

"If you say so. Give me a call if you finally decided to go back too."

 

"Sure will. Cheers for the great comeback of Jennie Kim. Have a safe flight tomorrow. "

 

~•~•~


Lisa makes her way to the house she was invited two days ago. Its her first time to go out of her loft. She got busy from decorating her mini home studio. The blonde is not planning of a business yet, but having a studio in the house is somewhat therapeutic to her,  she will also use it as her mini gallery, soon to be filled with her new subjects. 

 

Lisa is surprised upon seeing the house of Jisoo, its not huge looking from the outside,  but once you passed the gate you will be welcomed with different kinds of plants and flowers,  it kinda looks like a botanical garden,  the simplicity of the house makes it elegant. She was greeted by one of the Kim's helpers, he directed Lisa to the living room. 

 

"Just wait for a while Miss Manoban, Miss Jisoo is informed of your existence, she said she'll meet you here."

 

"Okay. Thank you."


While waiting for her bestfriend, a dog barked from nowhere, just then the puppy was in front of her,  barking his lungs out. 


"Hey! I did not steal anything! Nice to meet you too."


"Dalgomie, no! She's a friend." Its Jisoo,  with an apron and a spatula in her hand. 


"Do I look like a robber to your dog or something? "

 

Jisoo then hugged her bestfriend,  she hug her so tight that the younger almost lost her breath. She lets go of her upon realizing the blonde's desperate tapping of her back,  signaling to let go. 

 

"Sorry. I'm just happy that you're here!  And I missed you too! " She hugs her again,  but now with self control. "I'm sorry too that we have to move the dinner this Sunday,  I got an unexpected appointment yesterday and I can't reschedule. "

 

"Nah it's okay and I missed you too Chichu unnie! It's been two days since I arrived and I still can't believe that I'm here. Anyway, you smell like gamjatang. "


"Oh yeah. I forgot I'm cooking. Are you hungry? C'mon I'll introduce you to Mom. "


The dinner has been wonderful. Jisoo's mom and dad are grateful for Lisa having her in their house and for taking care of their daughter when the older was in Thailand. Lisa jokingly said that its hard to babysit Jisoo but she had no choice anyway because she's the only friend Jisoo had. Lisa felt a little bit of envy while she's admiring how Jisoo's family throw jokes at each other. She wished she still had a family like that. 


After the hearty meal,  Jisoo toured Lisa throughout the house. When the two are done,  they rested themselves in Jisoo's garden, sitting in the swing. 

 

"Hey,  thank you for the wonderful dinner. Your house is fascinating by the way, you're Mom and Dad too. " Lisa said, her eyes still roaming around the garden, amazed. She then added, "Now I fully understand why you gave me January. " Lisa chuckled. 

 

"Did you bring her here?  I want to say hi. "

 

"Yeah,  I can't leave her there you know,  she might die while longing for me. You can visit her anytime at my place, its really cool. "

 

"Of course. Maybe one of these days,  or some other days. I'm busy establishing the pre-school."

 

"Woah,  a pre-school? For real?  After seeing your house I forgot you're a teacher,  I almost thought you're a botanist with all these plants here. "


"It's not just me you pabo, mom too. Can't I be a teacher at the same time a nature loving person?"

 

"Well,  I see nothing wrong with that. But,  why a pre-school?  Last time we talked, before I flew here, you said you got hired from a prestigious university, that's why you took your Master's degree at Thailand right?  Because you wanted to teach there?  What happened to that? "

 

"I turned it down. Though the university insisted,  I let it go. Sure they offered me a very good pay,  but I thought about it a thousand times."

 

"And then? "

 

"And then,  when I was taking some fresh air at the park,  I was amazed by myself giggling at the children playing, laughing,  like they don't care about the world. "

 

"So?"


"So,  I wanted to be with them. "

 

"Unnie,  can you please be straight to the point? "

 

"You see Lisa, it feels really good to be around with children,  and I want to share my passion with them,  through teaching,  just like you,  you finally pursued your love in photography, I got a little bit inspired with it too, so that's one of the reasons why. Did I finally answered your question your majesty? "

 

"Ohh. Now I see. Well,  I wish you all the best,  and good luck to those children who will be enrolling though. "

 

"Yah! You're gonna regret you said that!"

 

"What are you going to do huh?  Punch me in the knee? "

 

"You post! "

~•~•~


A day has passed,  and finally the class commenced at Seoul Home of  Photography. Lisa didn't know how to describe her feelings,  she's very excited,  yes. Anxious,  super yes. Nervous? Absolutely. She feels like peeing and pooing at the same time. All the courage she gathered all the way here has vanished.

 

"What the fu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter