Chapter 3

BTS Werewolf AU

Taehyung POV

"I'm hungry~" I whined to the others.

"At this time of night?" Hoseok asked looking at the clock which was currently 11 pm. I nodded at him.

"Go buy something to eat then." Jimin said.

"You coming with me?"

"No." Jimin shook his head. I pouted.

"You want me to go out there alone? What if I get attacked?"

"I'll go with you." Jungkook offered.

"Anyone other than the baby to go with me?"

"I'm stronger than you." Jungkook deadpanned.

I sighed. "Fine. Come along with me, you big baby."

"Still stronger than you." He said walking towards the exit. I turned to the others.

"You guys want anything?"

"No, I'm good." Namjoon denied my offer.

Hoseok shook his head. "I'm not hungry."

"I'll order takeout if I get hungry later." Jin said.

"I'm going to shower, then sleep after." Jimin said walking to his room. "Ask Yoongi if he wants anything."

I shook my head. "I doubt it. He's probably sleeping. Bye. We'll be back." I waved at the others and walked out.

"Took you long enough." Jungkook said.

"Unlike you, I was kind enough to ask if the others wanted food too."

"Whatever. Let's get going."

********************************************

"Dude, seriously? Not this place either?" Jungkook asked.

"I don't feel like eating pizza."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Why did you come out with no destination?"

"Aren't I always like that?"

"So annoying." Jungkook mumbled. We continued to walk rounding random corners. "Where are we?" Jungkook asked and I stopped in my tracks grabbing his sleeve.

"Let's go there." I pointed to my destination and dragged him along.

Hime POV

The bell rang signaling that someone has entered the shop. I smiled and turned to the customer.

"Wel...come." My voice faltered.

"Hi, Hime!" Taehyung waved at me excitedly. "You work here?"

"No, the owner here is actually a psychic and I'm here to get my fortune told. Yes, I work here." I sighed. "What would you like?" I asked handing him and Jungkook a menu.

"Wow! There's a variety of food!" Taehyung said. "What should I eat?! There's so much to pick from. Why are there so much to pick from?"

"Because this place is hidden from the public. If some random person was to walk in, hopefully they would be in the mood to eat one of the many varieties we offer."

"Oh! How cool! Then, I want jjangjangmyeon."

"We passed a jjangjangmyeon place earlier and you said you didn't felt like eating jjangjangmyeon!" Jungkook shouted.

"Maybe I feel like eating jjangjangmyeon now."

"You are unbelievable." Jungkook shook his head with a smile.

"Uh, what about you? What would you like?"

"Spaghetti."

"Why didn't you say that. We passed a spaghetti place on the way here."

"I did! But, you didn't feel like eating it and that's why we didn't go in!"

"Oh. Well, hahahaha." Taehyung laughed it off.

"Anything to drink?" I asked.

"Lemonade." Taehyung replied. "What about you, Jungkook? What about apple juice for the baby?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Can I have a beer. Corona."

"How old are you?" I asked knowing that Jungkook isn't of age yet.

"...old enough?"

"Sure. Whatever."

"You're not gonna card me?" Jungkook asked.

"Should I?" I chuckled. "Jungkook, I know you're not old enough. I don't really care."

"Won't you get in trouble?"

"Nobody has to know."

"I know." Taehyung said raising his hand. "Ah, I need to use the restroom. Be right back." He stood up and stopped in his tracks. "Hime, where's the restroom at?"

I pointed at the wall. "It literally says 'restroom' with an arrow, Taehyung."

"Oops." He giggled and walked away.

Jungkook face palmed. "He's such an idiot sometimes."

"But you love him."

Jungkook choked on air and fell into a coughing fit. "How do you know, I'm not of age?" He asked changing the topic.

I just chuckled. "Jungkook, you're two years younger than Jimin. We're in our second year in college, that makes you a senior in high school."

"Then why are you letting me drink?"

"Cause you want to."

"You're a bad influence."

"I know." I smiled and walked away.

Jungkook followed me to the counter. "So..."

"Is ok in a wolf pack?"

"Well, not exactly. I mean, Taehyung and I aren't really brothers."

"I didn't say anything about you and Taehyung." I said making him blush. "So, you're not brothers?"

"Mm." He nodded. "We have different parents, hence, our different last names. But we share the same ancestors."

"You're very distant relatives then?"

"Very distant." He nodded with a sigh.

"Y'know, it's not wrong to love him."

"How do you even-"

"You let him drag you around. Sure you get annoyed but you still let him do what he wants." I cut him off

"It's obvious, isn't it?"

I nodded. "Yeah." I handed him his Corona. He downed half the bottle and set it down.

"Then how come he doesn't know that I love him. More than a brother."

"Cause he's an idiot, but he'll see it one day, don't worry about it." I ruffled his hair.

"And if he doesn't?"

"Confess."

"Confess about what?" Taehyung asked walking up and standing next to Jungkook. "What did I miss?"

"Nothing much. Just Jungkook..." he looked at me intensely with his big eyes. "...downing half his beer." I pointed to Jungkook's half empty bottle and he sighed in relief.

"Hm~ too bad I missed it."

They went to sit in their seats and I brought their food. "Enjoy." I said and went to clean the tables.

"Hime, when do you close?"

I looked at the clock. "12, but I'll close after you leave." I replied.

"But it's 12:15."

"Well, you came in late. And it's not like I'll kick out a customer." I said scrubbing the table down.

"Why do you work so late?" Taehyung asked.

"Cause I have classes in the morning and afternoon."

"When do you start work anyways?"

"After class at 3pm."

Taehyung looked around like he was thinking then turned back to me. "Isn't that 9 hours of work?"

I smiled. "I don't mind. It's only one hour more than a regular shift of 8. Plus, the owner is nice and pays for every hour I work, even the overtime."

"But, don't you have early classes?"

"My first class starts a 11. I don't get tired or anything."

"You're a full time student." I nodded. "And a full time worker." I nodded again. "Why are you working so hard?!"

I smiled. "Because I have bills to pay."

"But you're working so late. It's dangerous to walk home alone. Do you want me to walk you home?" Taehyung asked concerned.

"Ok, why are you two talking like you're friends?" Jungkook asked a bit annoyed.

"Cause we are."

"We're not." I denied and Taehyung pouted.

"We're not?" He purses his lips. "We are too."

"We don't know anything about each other. We are not friends."

"I know that you work here and you attend our school. Also, you live alone with Sarang. That's why you're working so hard, right? I know a lot about you." He smiled. "How long do you think Jimin's had a crush on you. I know more than you think."

"Right." I said and walked to the kitchen to change rags. "Are you guys done?" I asked when I came back out.

They nodded. "Yes, we are. Can we get some boxes to take the leftovers home?"

"Sure." I walked over to the back grabbing some foamed plates. "Here. Now get out."

"How can you treat your dear customers like this?" Taehyung pouted.

"Just leave already."

"We didn't pay yet." Taehyung said quickly.

With a sigh, I walked to the register and printed out a receipt handing it to Taehyung.

"Pay up and get out." Jungkook grabbed the receipt from Taehyung and glanced at the total. He pulled out his wallet and placed some bills on the counter in front of me.

"Keep the change. C'mon hyung, we shouldn't bother her. She needs to lock up." He held Taehyung's hand and dragged him towards the exit. Taehyung waved to me excitedly and the bell rang signaling their exit. I locked the door after they left. I picked up their tray and set it in the sink. I wiped down the table they sat at, then washed the dishes after. I looked around the shop.

"Well, time to go home." I said after making sure the place was clean and locked the doors before heading home.

********************************************

"Hime, girl. I'm leaving. See you later at lunch." I nodded at what Sarang said still half asleep.

When I woke up, it was 9:30. I sighed and got ready for school. I went to sit in the cafeteria to do my homework. I was focusing when someone sat next to me. I took a quick glance and looked at my book, just to take another look in case I saw wrong the first time, and jumped back in my chair in shock.

"J-Jimin." I choked out.

"That's me." He smiled. I stood up and quickly gathered my stuff but he held my hand. "Are you afraid of me?"

"Why would I be?" I asked confused. "There's nothing scary about you."

"Then why are you avoiding me? Ah~ because you confessed to liking me in front of me, in wolf form."

I pulled my hand out of his grasp and feel my cheeks heat up. "I have class."

"Its 10:30, your class doesn't start until 11."

"How do you know that?" I asked and gasped. "Stalker."

"Taehyung told me." Jimin defended himself quickly. "I'm not a stalker. I swear."

"Killers do no admit to being killers either." I said.

"Taehyung told me. Really!" He said.

I looked at him with suspicion in my eyes then let out a chuckle. "I'm joking." I sat down in the chair again. I saw Jimin let out a sigh of relief.

"So..." he trailed off.

"So..." I repeated.

"You wanna...I don't know...go out sometimes?"

"I don't know. I'm kind of a busy person."

"Doing what?" He asked.

"Whatever I have to do." I shrugged and looked at the time. "I have to go."

"Talk to you later?"

"Sure. If you find me."

Jimin POV

"I found you." I said setting my plate of food down and sat next time Hime during her lunch break.

"Congratulations. You get to talk to me. What's up, stalker?"

"I wasn't stalking you. It's BTS' lunch time too." I said pointing at the others who are currently making their way over.

She nodded. "Ok, so you and your whole pack are stalkers. What's up?"

"Hey, this is public space. It's a coincidence. Coincidence."

"Yeah yeah." She waved it off. "But seriously, what's up?"

"Nothing. I just want to sit next to you, can I not?"

"Ok, I guess." Hime shrugged and continue to eat in silence.

"Hey Hime." Taehyung shouted and sat next to her.

"What's up?" She said with a smile.

Taehyung looked up then replied, "the ceiling."

Hime chuckled. "That's not what I meant, but ok."

"Hey, hey, hey. Won't you hang out with me sometimes?"

"Sure, if you find me."

"Yay~" Taehyung cheered. "How about today?"

"Sure." Hime nodded in confirmation.

Wait. How come she will hang out with Taehyung, but not me?

I stared at Hime long and hard.

"-n. -min. Jimin!" She shouted snapping me back to reality.

"Hm?"

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yeah. Yeah." I nodded.

"Uh...then I'll be going to class." She said awkwardly and walked off.

"Hey." I looked at Taehyung. "How come she'll hang out with you, but not me?"

"Who knows?" Taehyung shrugged and continue to eat.

********************************************

"Hey, tell me. Tell me. Tell me." I repeated over and over again while poking Taehyung.

"Stop that." Taehyung said.

"Then tell me."

"How can I tell you when I, myself, don't know why?"

I let out a sigh. This . The girl I like won't hang out with me but would hang out with my brother.

"I'm going to go do my homework." I said and walked to my room. I laid out my books and started reading. Along the way my eyelids were getting heavy and everything went black.

"-n. -min. Jimin!" Someone shook me awake. I sat up immediately.

"Crap. I fell asleep." I said and looked at the person who was shaking me. "What do you need Taehyung."

"Come with me."

"Huh? No."

"Come with me." He pulled my arm.

"I don't want to." I pulled my arm away from his grasp. "It's 8pm."

"Just come with me. You'll like it. Scratch that. You'll love me for this. Come on!" I let him drag me out. We went through several alleys.

"Yah, do you even know where you're going?"

"Of course I do? Are you doubting me?"

"Yes." I replied.

Taehyung rolled his eyes and continued to pull me along. "See? We're here."

"A restaurant." I deadpanned. "Yah! Don't tell me you pulled me all the way here just because you're hungry."

"Of course not! At lunch time, Hime said that she'll hang out with me if I can find her, right?" I nodded. "I know exactly where to find her. See? Over there." He pointed to the restaurant. Hime was smiling and taking people's orders. "She starts work at 3pm and ends around 11 or 12."

"That's so late."

"Exactly. Yesterday I found her for the first time here. I asked her why she works so late and you know what she said? "Cause I have classes in the morning and afternoon." I don't know why she's working so hard."

[Flashback]

I walked into class one morning and Hime wasn't in class. Sarang wasn't either. During break time I overheard some girls talking about Hime.

"A couple of days ago, Hime's parents died in a car crash." Girl A said.

"Really?" The other two girls gasp.

"That sounds terrible." Girl B said.

"But we're only in our third year of junior high. How is Hime supposed to support herself and Sarang? I heard they live together." Girl C said.

"Exactly. We're still practically kids." Girl A said.

"Hey." I spoke up. "Is what you said true?"

The girls looked at me with red cheeks and nod their head in silence.

"The reason Hime and Sarang isn't here might be because they're attending the funeral." Girl C stated.

"Thanks." I said. The teacher came in class and started lecturing but I couldn't concentrate so I packed my things and ran out of class. I could hear the teacher screaming my name telling me to come back but I could care less. I ran to all the places that held funeral services just to find her. When I found her, she was dressed in all black with Sarang next to her. Sarang was rubbing her back comforting her and she just smiled weakly at Sarang as thanks.

Her aunts and uncle were arguing over who is going to take her in and the parents' insurance money.

"Stop!" Hime shouted slamming the floor. "My parents just died, and you are all asking about the insurance money?"

"Hime, that's no-"

"You don't need to pretend." Hime cut off one of her aunts. "If you want to take me in for the insurance money, then don't think about it. Because I'm not of age, the guardian will be given the insurance money; however, when I do turn of age and do not receive that insurance money, for whatever reason, I will sue you, and you will call me ungrateful. So, before any of that happens, let's just all live our own lives. I will live on my own. I talked to the lawyer already. My parents left me the house and the insurance money, so I won't be living with any one of you."

"Hmph. Whatever." They said and all walked out.

"Hime." Sarang said and hugged her.

"It's ok. Everything will be ok." She said to Sarang.

"I should be the one saying that to you." They both chuckled and continued with the funeral.

I sat outside watching over her. It was night time and Sarang fell asleep. Hime was still up and looked at her parents' photos.

"Mom. Dad." She said and touched their smiling faces on the photos as tears fell from her eyes. "What should I do? How can I protect Sarang? I'm just an ignorant kid. Please tell me what to do." More tears trickled down her face.

My heart broke at the scene. I want to protect her.

[End]

"Jimin!" Taehyung shook me out of my trance. "Are you ok?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"I offered to take her home but she refused. It's really dangerous for a female to go home so late like that. You should offer to take her home. You do want to protect her right?"

"Yeah. Thanks Tae."

"It's alright. We're bros. I'll be going." Tae said and walked away.

----------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating for the longest time. I'm such an . Honestly I wanted to update during summer but I ended up taking a summer class instead. And now I'm in fall semester. Σ(゚д゚lll)