Four

Blood Sweat and Tears

Yoongi slid into the chair and ran a hand through his sweaty hair, making it stand on end. It was a busy night and his arms hurt from washing dishes. At least he was done, though he had to go to his second job first thing in the morning. His phone read eleven o'clock. With a soft groan, Yoongi pushed himself to his feet and grabbed his bag from the locker. When he shut it, he jumped. Jin stood there, leaning against the lockers. He had been so quiet, Yoongi hadn't heard him approach.

"You look like ," Jin remarked, smirking. 

Yoongi shoved his jacket into his bag and shrugged. "And you look perfect as ever, princess." 

Jin frowned. "Don't call me that. Someone's in an irritable mood." 

Yoongi sighed. Jin was the one who got him the job as dish washer in the first place, and he would be forever grateful, but sometimes he wished that his hyung got him a serving job. His fingers were usually raw from being immersed in water, his arms were sore, his feet hurt from standing in one spot for long periods, and he had to be quick to keep up with the stacks of dishes that piled up rapidly. The amount of plates he broke.... Yoongi threw on a tight smile. 

"Sorry hyung, just tired I guess," he said.

Jin's frown deepened. "Don't overwork yourself. Last thing you need is a trip to the hospital." 

Yoongi nodded and tossed his bag over his shoulders. "I appreciate the concern, but I'm okay."

"Want a ride home? It's too dark for a pretty boy like you to be wandering around at night," Jin snickered, changing the subject.

Yoongi knew Jin would keep prying if he wanted, so he was thankful his hyung moved on. Or, he was offering the ride so he could keep prying. Yoongi was never one to share his feelings, and yet somehow Jin seemed to make it happen every time. With another sigh, Yoongi nodded. He was too tired to decline the offer, and the sooner he got home and got to bed, the better. "Lead the way hyung.

Jin headed to the back door, as Yoongi stuffed his hands into his pockets. He froze as his fingers brushed something in the corner of the pocket. Slowly, he pulled it out, and saw the strange coin. It took him a moment to recall where it had come from, and his brow knitted together. He didn't even realize he still had it. Well, he had no use for a coin that wasn't usable, but he paused. He didn't want to part with it either. It was strange, the whole encounter was strange. What did that guy say? When the time came he would find Yoongi with it? What did that even mean? 

Suddenly, the light flickered, and when Yoongi yelped. There was a figure standing in the corner, shadowed by darkness. The only thing he could see were the glowing blue eyes. The figure was there only briefly, but Yoongi swore he heard a whisper right next to his ear. It felt like warm breath tickled his neck, but when Yoongi spun around, no one was there. 

"You can't be saved." 

"Yoongi?"

There was a deep, chilling laugh and then the light came back on and Yoongi found he was trembling. He stared where the figure had been, and clutched the coin so tightly that it left indents in the palm of his hand. He released a shaky breath. Jin stood in front of Yoongi, concern etched on his face, hands resting on his shoulders. Yoongi blinked, his vision clearing.

"You okay? You look ready to pass out," Jin said, leading Yoongi to a chair. 

Maybe Jin was right, Yoongi was crashing. He was hallucinating now. He sank into the chair, eyeing the now vacant corner warily. Jin grabbed a glass of water and forced Yoongi to drink. 

"I'm alright, I just...I think I'm more tired than I thought," Yoongi said, after he set the glass on the table.

"You screamed and I thought you hurt yourself, but you looked petrified, staring into the corner," Jin explained, "you need to slow down, or you'll make yourself crazy."

"I know. But Jimin needs me," Yoongi sighed. "He needs to be able to live a normal life, and I don't want him to be stuck worrying about everything. He's going back to school soon...." 

"You are a great big brother, and Jimin knows that," Jin pointed out, "but running yourself into the ground for his happiness isn't going to make him happy." 

Yoongi nodded, but he still felt responsible for Jimin's well-being. Jimin was young, and he wanted to go back to school. He worked to save up, and Yoongi let him while he handled everything else. It wasn't fair for Jimin to become an adult so soon when he had the potential to make choices Yoongi wasn't able to.

"Come on, let's get you to bed." Jin helped Yoongi to his feet, and led him to the car. 

****

A/N: Ah sorry for the long absence!!! My work the past couple weeks has been all over the place, and I didn't have much time to work on the fanfics! Anyway, enjoy ^^