Short and Old

A Pile of Drabbles

Every kid was occupied with what they're doing. Some were playing toys at one corner, some are coloring messily at the coloring book that was given to them, some are just running around. Kids being kids. Playing and having fun not caring about a single thing in the world because they're too innocent for some things.

"Come on. Play with them. Go on." His teacher smiles down at him and gave him a light push on the shoulder towards a small group of kids - the same age as him.

He then hesitantly sat down, head hanging low but aware of the eyes that was on him. As their teacher left them, a boy approached him but he remained his head down having no intention of looking up.

"Hello! What's your name?" The boy asked but he didn't respond. The boy frowns a bit but smiles again, sitting beside him and reached out his hands to him, "Hi! My name's Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol. What's yours?"

He stares at the boy's hand for a moment before deciding to look up who it belonged to and saw tbe boy smiling widely at him, showcasing his teeth.

He didn't talk nor did anything. He just look at him with a plain face. And that's when the boy in front of him decided to talk again, "Your name is...?"

He blinks then reach out for his hand. But for the boy's surprise, he didn't took it to shake their hands. Instead, he used his index finger to write imaginary letters at the boy's palm. Despite being confused, the boy managed to understand what he was trying to do.

"Byun.. Bae.. k.. hyu.. n." The boy said out loud while he was writing his name at his palm.

After writing the last letter of his name, he look up at the boy who was still staring at his own palm. Feeling embarrassed at what he did, he hangs his head low again and plays with his fingers but was immediately shot back up again to face the boy in front of him that was smiling widely - showcasing his white teeth again - at him who grabbed his hands and shakes it saying happily, "Nice to meet you, Baekhyun!"

He was startled a bit but managed to smile a little.

Again.

After a long time.