A Second Chance [JeongCheol] — for Vernon_SvtFreja

A Collection of One-shots and Drabbles

WORD COUNT: 1403
1004x0808
A  S E C O N D  C H A N C E

Angst


Jeonghan knew. He knew what his husband was up to.

“Hey, honey, we have to talk about something,” Jeonghan said as he played with Seungcheol’s fingers, he had already memorized every nook and cranny of his hand, so well that he could probably distinguish it with his eyes closed. He especially liked Seungcheol’s right ring finger.

Seungcheol hummed in response, not even sparing a glance at Jeonghan, he was too preoccupied with his phone.

“Are you—“ Ding! A text notification from Seungcheol’s phone interrupted him.

“Sorry, hon, but I have something really urgent to attend to.” Seungcheol got up the couch and wore his coat. He finally looked at Jeonghan. “How about we talk about it next time? I’m really sorry.”

“No, it’s okay,” Jeonghan lied, a fake smile plastered on his face. “Take care, don’t go home too late.”

And Seungcheol was gone. Jeonghan found himself empty and a soft whimper escaped his mouth, “No goodbye kiss?”

 

 

 

Jeonghan knew. He knew what his husband was up to.

Seungcheol was in the shower, taking one of those long and soothing baths after a tiring day. So far, he has spent twenty minutes inside, and Jeonghan could hear him singing indistinct songs. As someone who has spent five years living with him, Jeonghan knew he always took hour-long baths whenever he was exhausted. And damn was Seungcheol exhausted.

Seeing as he had forty or so minutes to himself, Jeonghan grabbed the phone on the nightstand. In the last few months, it was his first time to hold Seungcheol’s phone again. If I remember correctly, his passcode is 1004. He tapped it in and it didn’t work. What?

He tried 0808, Seungcheol’s birthday, and it didn’t work. Hmm…

Finally, he tried 1122. I ing knew it. Jeonghan pursed his lips as he immediately went to the phone’s Messages—more specifically, Seungcheol and Jihoon’s conversations.

HOONIE ♥

Heeeeeeey
Yesterday, 11:42PM

Soonyoung is out of town… again but whatever
Yesterday, 11:42PM

Maybe we can have some fun? ;-)
Yesterday, 11:42PM

 

Great! Jeonghan’s asleep
Yesterday, 11:47PM

I’ll be right there
Yesterday, 11:47PM

Jeonghan unconsciously growled as he read those texts. So that’s why I woke up with no sign of Seungcheol anywhere.

HOONIE ♥

Damn, Seungcheol, I had fun
November 23, 10:48AM

Kinda wished you stayed though
November 23, 10:48AM

I couldn’t, you know that
November 23, 10:49AM

Jeonghan would worry
November 23, 10:49AM

Who cares about him?
November 23, 10:49AM

I’m pretty sure he’s around with Jisoo
November 23, 10:50AM

 

Oh, I’m sorry
November 23, 11:02AM

Did I strike a nerve?
November 23, 11:02AM

No, no, it’s okay
November 23, 11:07AM

You’re right
November 23, 11:07AM

Ugh, I don’t even know why the two of you got together
November 23, 11:08AM

It should’ve been us
November 23, 11:08AM

Soonyoung doesn’t love me, no one loves me
November 23, 11:09AM

Don’t be like that
November 23, 11:10AM

Huh, why?
November 23, 11:10AM

I love you
November 23, 11:11AM

Jeonghan put the phone down, he couldn’t bear to read more. His body was shaking in silent fury. How could they do this to me? And the fact they dragged Jisoo into this mess was unforgivable, Jeonghan would never cheat on Seungcheol, Jisoo was only his best friend.

Oh, but I shouldn’t stop. He held it again and went to Seungcheol’s conversations with Soonyoung, Jihoon’s husband and another friend of Jeonghan’s.

Hoshi

Whatever’s going on between you and my husband, stop it.
December 23, 4:20PM

Huh, what’s going on, Hosh?
December 23, 4:39PM

Don’t play dumb
December 23, 4:39PM

I read your ing text messages, man!
December 23, 4:40PM

STOP IT
December 23, 4:40PM

“Early Christmas present”??? WHAT THE ?
December 23, 4:40PM

THAT’S DISGUSTING
December 23, 4:40PM

CUT THIS OUT, OKAY?!
December 23, 4:41PM

JIHOON
December 23, 4:41PM

IS
December 23, 4:41PM

MY
December 23, 4:41PM

HUSBAND
December 23, 4:41PM

NOT YOURS
December 23, 4:42PM

You get me?
December 23, 4:42PM

[This person isn’t receiving messages from you at the moment]

Holy . Jeonghan was covering his mouth to prevent him from making any loud noises. Even Soonyoung knows? The tears were falling from his eyes as the phone dinged.

There was a message from Jihoon.

HOONIE ♥

Cheol, how was it? Sorry for falling asleep earlier haha
Just now

You were too rough!
Just now

To say that Jeonghan was enraged would still be an understatement. So Jihoon is work now, ain’t he? He took the phone with him and knocked on the bathroom door. “Seungcheol, can you clean up any slower?!” he shouted.

“Ugh, wait!” Jeonghan heard the shower turn off and the door opened, revealing Seungcheol in his full glory, he didn’t even bother to wear a towel to cover his lower zone. “What is it?”

“What is this?” Jeonghan put the cellphone in the confused male’s face.

Seungcheol’s confusion turned into anger. “What are you doing with my phone?” He snatched it from Jeonghan’s hands and finally grabbed a towel, wrapping it around his waist.

“What were you doing with Jihoon?” Jeonghan screamed and poked Seungcheol’s chest at every word. “You were too rough!” Jeonghan mocked and stomped his feet. “I thought you were exhausted from doing work! Not from doing Jihoon!”

Jeonghan collapsed on the bathroom floor and Seungcheol tried helping him up, but he scurried away from him, sobs wracking his entire body, he couldn’t speak without choking.

“Honey.” Seungcheol forced Jeonghan in his arms and held him closely. He pressed his lips to Jeonghan’s ear and whispered, “I’m so sorry.”

Jeonghan was wheezing, “S-Sorry? That’s what I get?” He covered his eyes and wailed, “We’re ing married, Seungcheol! You shouldn’t around with other people because you’re married! You’re married to me!” Jeonghan hit Seungcheol repeatedly.

Seungcheol let him, he even hugged the crying man tighter. “I’m truly sorry, please hear me out: I won’t do this again.”

I won’t do this again. That’s such a cliché line, Seungcheol! Do you think I’ll believe that?” Jeonghan tried to get out of his embrace, but his efforts were in vain as Seungcheol was too strong.

“I know it’s a cliché line, but please, believe me,” Seungcheol insisted as he entwined his fingers with Jeonghan’s.

“I-I don’t know if I should believe you anymore.”

Seungcheol pressed a kiss to Jeonghan’s forehead and pleaded, “Give me another chance… please. I love you, everything I told Jihoon was a lie! I was only playing him since Soonyoung is a big . Come on, you know I only love you, right? I married you, not Jihoon.”

With his mind fogged, Jeonghan nodded reluctantly and gave in, “Alright, just one chance.”

“Thank you, love.”

 

 

 

Jeonghan knew. He knew his husband wasn’t cheating on him anymore. It was a great feeling.

“Do you really have to go?” Jeonghan pouted and scooted his head closer to Seungcheol’s chest, cuddling was an everyday thing now. “I’m going to miss you.”

“I’m going to miss you too, love.” Seungcheol frowned and tightened his arms around Jeonghan for the last time before rising from the bed.

“I can’t believe the company is making this mandatory!” Jeonghan whined and tugged on the hem of Seungcheol’s dress shirt. “Can’t you stay?”

“Love, I’m already ten minutes late. If I stayed any longer, my boss would get angry.” Seungcheol carried his luggage downstairs and Jeonghan followed him.

When they were at the door, Seungcheol gave Jeonghan a quick peck on the lips. “I’ll be back before you know it, okay? It’s only a week, love.”

“But a week without you makes me weak!” Jeonghan laughed at his wordplay and gave Seungcheol a pat on the . “Out the door, then! See you next week, I’ll be waiting.” He blew a kiss at his husband and he caught it.

Jeonghan watched Seungcheol get inside his car and drive away, he’ll miss his big guy. It’s definitely a great feeling when you know he’s loyal now. Everyone really does deserve a second chance.

 

 

 

Ring, ring, ring!

Seungcheol answered his phone and his favorite voice greeted him. “Hey, Seungcheol, did he buy it?”

“He totally did, I can’t believe it!” Seungcheol snickered into the phone, he couldn't believe he would be spending a week at Jihoon’s house. “How about Soonyoung?”

“He’s out for the whole week!” Jihoon’s voice was excited and it turned sultry, “I can’t wait to do bad things to you.”

“Neither can I.”


A/N: This one is for Vernon_SvtFreja! Thank you for requesting again, feel free to request again hihihi writing keeps me busy <3 I hope this one-shot lived to your expectations HAHAHAH but yeah, thank you for reading! <3