Fooled [GyuHan] — for Vernon_SvtFreja

A Collection of One-shots and Drabbles

WORD COUNT: 1466
1004x0406
F O O L E D

Angst?


“Ah, I forgot my Math textbook!” Jeonghan exclaimed as he banged his head on his desk.

“Is it in your locker?” Mingyu asked as he tipped his chair near Jeonghan’s.

Jeonghan pouted. “Yeah, I can’t believe I forgot.”

“I’ll go get it!” Mingyu volunteered and raised his hand before Jeonghan could even complain. “Excuse me, sir, may I go out?”

When he was allowed, Mingyu saluted to Jeonghan. “1004, right?”

“Yeah, thanks.” Jeonghan grinned widely at him.

A pink tint spread on Mingyu’s face as he headed out the room, Jeonghan’s smile causing butterflies in his stomach. He always liked him.

However, Mingyu didn’t catch the sly smirk Jeonghan had when he left the room.

 

 

 

“Mingyu, love, can you get me some water? I’m very thirsty right now.” Jeonghan asked Mingyu with a honeyed voice, his eyes peering at him through his lashes. He wiped the sweat off his forehead for added effect. They had just climbed a mountain for the field trip.

“H-Huh?” Mingyu panted, his shirt slightly damp with sweat. “Water?”

Jeonghan placed a hand on his throat and bit down his lower lip. “Uh-huh, I’m thirsty.”

Damn. Mingyu couldn’t help but gulp. Is he trying to seduce me or something? Well, either way, it’s working. “Okay, I’ll be right back.”

“Thank you, love.” Jeonghan sent a wink his way and Mingyu almost tripped on his own feet.

“Anything for you, Jeonghan.” And Mingyu entered the crowded tent where the food was located. He still can’t believe Jeonghan agreed to be his boyfriend.

Out of his earshot, Jeonghan repeated Mingyu’s words, “Haha, yes, anything for me.”

 

 

 

“Hey, bro,” Minghao began. “Jeonghan is playing you.”

“Huh? Why would my boyfriend do that? He loves me.” Mingyu stared at his best friend incredulously.

Minghao tsked, “You really don’t know anything, do you?”

“Well, I do know one thing: Jeonghan loves me,” Mingyu stressed each word, clearly not willing to listen to Minghao’s words.

Minghao slapped Mingyu on the arm. “Hey! Don’t be so sure, you’ve only known him for a few months. You weren’t even in this city a year ago.”

Mingyu shrugged. “So, what’s your point?”

“My point is: number one, you’re a new student. Number two, you don’t know Yoon Jeonghan. And number three, you don’t know his past.”

“Well, my point is: number one, I don’t give a . Number two, I know who Yoon Jeonghan is. Number three, I don’t need to know his past, I’m lucky enough to be in his present, and I’m praying to be in his future. And number four, did I mention I don’t give a flying ?”

Minghao frowned deeply. “Kim Mingyu, you are a ing stubborn bastard.” He got up from his chair. “Don’t come crying to me when you find out.” Those were his last words before he left the café.

“Hey!” Mingyu shouted, “Am I supposed to pay for all this? I thought this was your treat!” Too bad Minghao was already across the road.

 

 

 

Hey, love. Just texted to say I love you! Don’t forget that.
11:07AM

Dang, sorry for the late reply, I was hanging out with Minghao. I love you more!
11:31AM

It’s alright, hon, hope you had fun. I love you most~ :-P
11:31AM

Mingyu laughed as he read Jeonghan’s latest message. How could Minghao ever say that about him? As of now, he was headed to Jeonghan’s apartment, he wanted to surprise him.

 

 

 

Ding!

He rang the doorbell, expecting an instant answer, but no one came. Is he even home?

Ding!

He rang it again, still no answer. I should text him.

Hey, babe, you home? I’m outside your door.
11:58AM

As soon as the Sent turned into a Seen, he heard someone yell from inside the apartment. “! Mingyu is here. Hide!”

It was Jeonghan’s voice, Mingyu could tell. What’s going on? He asked himself as he heard shuffling and tumbling through the thin walls.

A few more minutes passed and Mingyu decided to ring the bell again.

Ding!

Right on time, the door finally opened, revealing Jeonghan. “Hey, sweetheart. I didn’t expect you today.” His breath was slightly rugged and his cheeks were a flirty pink.

Mingyu could sense something was off, he went with the flow anyway. “I wanted to surprise you.” He engulfed Jeonghan in a hug and pressed a kiss to his forehead.

“And surprise me you did,” Jeonghan mumbled onto Mingyu’s coat.

Before pulling away, Mingyu noted that Jeonghan smelled strongly of alcohol and… men’s perfume? Huh? He rarely wears perfume.

“Babeeee,” Mingyu drew his words out. “Have you been drinking again?”

Jeonghan frowned. “Huh?”

“Nevermind. I bought you flowers, by the way.” Mingyu brushed it off and sat on the couch, leaving the in-season bouquet on the coffee table.

The long-haired male scooped the flowers on his hands and put it in a water-filled vase before displaying it on the kitchen counter. He went back to Mingyu and sat on his lap, pressing a kiss on his cheeks. “Thanks, love.”

Mingyu grinned and showered Jeonghan with kisses, eventually turning from gentle to rough and he found himself on top of Jeonghan. He ran a line of kisses from Jeonghan’s jaw to his chin and went down.

Ugh, why is he wearing a turtleneck? What a hassle. He bit the cloth and pulled on it, exposing Jeonghan’s neck. What he saw broke his heart and he stopped.

Jeonghan was confused. “What’s the matter?”

His eyes widened as he saw tears spill from Mingyu’s eyes, he sat upright. “Oh my god, why are you crying?” He leaned forward to wipe his tears and Mingyu slapped his hand away.

“Who gave you those?” Mingyu willed his voice not to shake.

“Gave me what?” Jeonghan tilted his head, not knowing what he was pertaining to.

“Those hickeys!” Mingyu grabbed Jeonghan’s chin and tipped his head upward, exposing more bright red love marks. “For ’s sake, Jeonghan, they’re fresh!”

Jeonghan gasped and scooted away from Mingyu’s hold. He pulled his turtleneck up again, hiding his hickeys. “I… I can explain, Mingyu.”

This is enough explanation!” Mingyu roared angrily. “Now, answer me, who gave you those hickeys?”

Jeonghan opened his mouth to answer, but a commotion coming from the bedroom halted him. Mingyu turned his head slowly. “Guess I’m going to ing find out for myself.”

He made furious steps to the room and opened the door, using so much force that it hit the other side of the wall. There he found the football captain, Choi Seungcheol, in his boxers.

“Hehe, hey—“

“Don’t ‘hey’ me!” Mingyu cut him off. “You were my friend, Cheol, how could you?” Anger was emanating from Mingyu as fat tears rolled from his eyes.

Seungcheol hurriedly grabbed for his shirt and wore it. “Mingyu, I’m sorry, bro.” He tried to walk closer to the crying man.

Mingyu’s eyes widened in a frightening way as he pointed an accusing finger at Seungcheol. “You aren’t my bro,” he spoke each word with so much fury and pointed at Jeonghan next. “And you!”

His long legs strided to his so-called lover. Mingyu placed both of his hands on Jeonghan’s shoulders and shook him. “How could you do this to me?

Jeonghan cried, “I-I’m sorry…”

I thought you loved me!” Mingyu never imagined he would be saying those words to Jeonghan, and here he was.

Jeonghan whimpered, “I did love you—“

“Bull!” Mingyu bellowed and tore his hands off Jeonghan. “If you loved me, then you wouldn’t have slept with him!”

Seungcheol appeared at the living room and locked eyes with Jeonghan who was shivering in fear and wailing loudly. He rushed to him and shielded him from the enraged Mingyu. “I think you should leave.”

Mingyu laughed, “I can’t believe this. How long have you guys been playing me?” He ran a hand through his hair.

“Mingyu, leave... please.” Jeonghan’s voice was weak and muffled with tears. He kept crying in Seungcheol’s arms. Mingyu’s heart broke at the sight. How could his boyfriend and captain do this to him? "Anything for me, right?"

The tears just kept rushing out of Mingyu’s eyes as he lowered his tone, “Just answer this: how long have you guys been playing me? I need to know.”

Seungcheol was the one to answer, “Jeonghan never loved you.”

Those words did it for Mingyu and he headed to the door. “I’m done.” He spared one last look at Jeonghan. “And to think that I truly loved you. I wasted my damn time.”

He slammed the door on the way out and texted the only person he could trust at the moment.

You were right… I’m sorry.
12:45AM

Did you not hear what I said at the café?
12:51AM

Don’t come crying to me when you find out.
12:51AM


A/N: This one is for Vernon_SvtFreja! Thank you for requesting! I'm so sorry if this isn't angsty oh my god I'm not great with angst ;-; But yeah, you're free to request again~ <3 Thank you for reading!