Doesn't Matter

Recycle Bin

originally published - 082216

rating: e
(current) length: 915 words
genre(s): high school au, slice of life, humor, cross-dressing, romance
pairing(s): jindy, possible ricsyung / ricsung
description: jun jun falls in love with a person.

+ finally found eng sub of shinhwa's good morning and in the first part andy mentioned that his older sister used to put make-up on him and dress him up as a girl. thus, this short chaptered fic was born. most fics where one dresses as a girl are about the other falling in love with them because they're a "girl." i thought i'd change it up a bit (hence why the description is jun jin falls in love with a person). that's all i'll reveal for now but i hope you'll like it!


  "Watch out!"

  Andy hears the voice before he sees the figure, but by then it's too late. He turns, only to find himself knocked the ground as someone rams into him. 

  "Oh my God, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

  He groans, blinking and shaking his head. When his eyes finally focus Andy finds himself staring up a handsome - albeit worried - face. They owner of said face reaches out with their hand to help him off the ground. 

  Once he's standing up he looks down at his dress, scowling at the dirt marks because his sister is going to kill him

  Yes, his sister felt the need to dress her little brother up in girl clothes. Andy was already in high school and she still managed to rope him into it. To be honest he wouldn't mind all that much if he didn't have to worry about people from school seeing him. The only friends of his that knew about her hobby were Eric and Hyesung. Eric found out when he dropped by the house unnanounced once (and proceeded to laugh his off until Andy threatened to destroy his collection of secret Hyesung photos). On the other hand, Hyesung became aware of it when his sister asked if she could do the same to him. Andy had to push him out of the house so he wouldn't explode. 

  Sighing, hoping she wouldn't be too mad, Andy tried to brush some of the dirt off - which only succeeded in smudging it some more. 

  "Oh no." he lamented, hanging his head and momentarily forgetting about the other standing in front of him. They were still worried, hands waving and making a commotion in the middle of the street. 

  "Are you sure you're okay? I didn't mean to-oh , I ruined your dress. I'm so sorry, here, I've got money, just-"

  Andy grabs them by the arm and tugs them to the sidewalk.

  "Shut up." he growls, keeping his head down and letting the waves of a dark red wig fall over his face. "I'm already embarrassed enough."

  "Wow."

  Letting go of the other Andy finally looks up, brushing the hair away and blanching for a moment because yeah, he didn't really take in how good-looking this guy was until now. Even disheveled and in the process of pulling a few bills from their wallet they still looked great. 

  Andy swallowed. 

  "What?"

  "It's just...you're really cute." he says. Blinking again Andy watches as a light blush settles over the guy's cheeks. He avoids his eyes and , Andy thinks he's adorable.

  "You, you shouldn't say that to a person you've just met." 

  Now they're both blushing and stuttering, standing in the middle of the sidewalk. The stranger coughs and starts pulling money from his wallet again. Andy watches as he holds it out towards him before shaking his head, using his hands to push it away. 

  "I know it's not enough to pay for a new dress..."

  "You don't need to do this."

  "But-"

  "Just keep your money."

  Andy sees the guy pout and holds back to urge to pinch his cheeks. 

  "There's gotta be something I can do. I feel bad for running you over in the middle of the street."

  "Then...take me out for ice cream or something."

  It's only after he finishes making his demand that Andy realizes that sounds like a date. Especially when he's dressed like a girl. He winces and slowly turns away because why did he say that? However, looking back at the other Andy finds him smiling brightly and nodding.

  "Sure!"

  What has he gotten himself into? 

---

  Sitting on the steps leading into a city park with a vanilla cherry ice cream cone makes Andy realize how good of an idea this was. Sure, he's still dead when he gets home and his sister sees her dress destroyed, but at least he got free ice cream out of it. Things would be even better if he was alone. 

  It seems the universe is out to get him because the stranger that sacked him like a football player is happily eating their own frozen treat next to him. 

  Andy feels a headache coming on, taking a particularly large from his ice cream and shivering at the cold. 

  "So," He was broken from his thoughts as the guy started to speak. "What's your name?"

  He blinks, turning to look at them and blanking. What should he say? If he told them his real name they'd think him weird for sure. Andy had never met a girl with the name Sunho. Besides, the stranger seemed to still think he was a girl. His best route was to just use his alias.

  "Andy."

  "Ah, is that short for something?"

  "Um...yeah," Andy cringes inwardly because no, Andy is not short for anything - that's his name. "Andrea."

  "Well then, nice to meet you Andrea or, no, you said Andy first so I think I'll just call you that. Anyways," They hold their hand out, this time to shake, and Andy takes it hesitantly. "My name is Jun Jin."

  "Nice to meet you too, Jun Jin."

  Immediately returning to his ice cream as means to avoid conversation Andy wonders why he lied. Honestly, he just fears the other's - Jun Jin, he reminds himself - reaction. Not many people would be very welcoming to some random kid who just so happened to cross-dress every once in awhile (even when it wasn't his choice in the first place).