Mt. Silver (Get the Off This Goddamn Mountain)

Recycle Bin

originally published - 120516

rating: e
(current) length: 409 words
genre(s): pokemon!au, slice of life, humor
pairing(s): ricsyung / ricsung
description: hyesung decides he's finally had enough of eric ignoring everyone (even his own mother! the cretin) and heads up mt. silver to do what he should have done 3 years prior.

+ what is this? it's me, shamelessly inserting hyesung and eric into the roles of green/blue & red respectively. nothing more than a silly little au (not actually part of my big pokemon au), but please do enjoy!

eric - pikachu, espeon, snorlax, venasaur, charizard, blastoise
hyesung - pidgeot, alakazam, rhydon, arcanine, exeggutor, blastoise


  It's ing cold. Then again, it's always cold on Mt. Silver. Frigid, cool and snowy - there must be a blizzard going on right now because Hyesung can barely see two feet in front of him. 

  The snowfall got so bad he even forced pidgeot to land so he could return it to it's pokeball. 

  Climbing the rest of the way up proved challenging, but Hyesung's done this a handful of times so he likes to think he knows what he's doing. However, the chilly wind welcoming itself into his jacket has him second-guessing this particular trip. He doesn't remember Mt. Silver ever being this cold. Maybe it's just worse this year? How is Eric dealing with it?

  No doubt his charizard is keeping him warm. 

  The thought pushes Hyesung to climb faster. Damn Eric if he thinks Hyesung is going to freeze to death out here. 

  In fact, he can practically see the top of the mountain already. 

  Ha! Take that, moron. 

  Standing outside of the entrance to the cave Hyesung kicks against the rock, trying to get as much snow off him as possible before walking inside. Farther in he can see a flickering light, and delights at the thought of warmth. 

  "Eric?" he calls, even though he knows he won't receive an answer. 

  Hyesung rounds the corner and finds the other laying calmly on the floor of the cave, Charizard's tail dipping lazily into a pile of semi-dry firewood surrounded by stones. Used to scene Hyesung simply pulls off his backpack, dropping it in front of the fire and sitting down across from Eric. 

  "How are you sleeping when it's this cold?" he grumbles, reaching into his bag and pulling out a small blanket to throw over the other's shoulders. 

  Once that's done Hyesung gets to work on pulling out the food he brought. He'd made sure to stop in Pallet Town for a few minutes, meeting up with Eric's mother to see if she had anything she wanted to give him. Remembering it made Hyesung smile sadly. She'd been so sweet, but he could tell she was pained by the fact that Eric was still on top of this damned mountain. 

  When was the last time he'd even been around his mother? 

  At this point Hyesung feels more like her son than Eric does, and that's just not right.