Five

#FAKE

The next school day Mino is there at the front gate as usual, while Taehyun is without Danah because her after-school drama practice is still taking place regularly. Taehyun hadn't spoken to Mino over the weekend, Mino hadn't tried either. Taehyun figures the guy probably couldn't come up with a demeaning job for his slave to do.

"Ready?" Mino holds out his hand for Taehyun to take, he has his usual charming face on, the one Taehyun knows he usually reserved for Danah. Taehyun is suddenly nervous, his hands feel clammy so he has to wipe them against his school uniform. He can see Jongsik from the corner of his eyes. He takes the proffered hand.

The same feeling of closeness washes over Taehyun when Mino clasps over his hand. He forgets about his nervousness. He revels in the sensation, liking the fact that Mino is not against holding his hand in public, he even offered his hand first. He briefly remembers Jongsik shaking him off when they had come across people he knew from outside the school. He shakes the thought away. It's probably just his imagination. Jongsik always holds his hand when they are together.

Jongsik enters the building to his English classes, they no longer have to make a show. Taehyun looks to his side at Mino who has his eyes trained on the road ahead, seemingly oblivious that Jongsik is no longer in sight. He decides not to let the guy know and continues engaging him in conversation instead, from Mino's favorite cars to the drawings on his wall.

Mino is talking about the time he entered a drawing competition when he was still in the same school with a twinkle in his eyes when someone comes bustling towards them from the front. The were too busy talking they hadn't noticed the guy until he is directly infront of them.

"Yah! Dude! You didn't hear me calling you?" the guy says. Taehyun remembers him as someone who always hung out with Mino, a senior at their school who had graduated with Mino.

"Oh, Jihoon..."

"Wait!" the guy, Jihoon, glances at their linked hands. "Don't tell me you finally got the guts to ask the guy ou..." he asks Mino with eyes wide and a -eating grin.

The next thing Taehyun knows, Mino shakes off his hand like it's scalding him. He looks up to see Mino dragging his friend away, putting him in a headlock. Jihoon is waving a hand in the direction of Taehyun, seemingly to say 'Hello' but he can't speak with Mino's arm around his head. "Be right back," Mino had said. Taehyun is stunned.

Something in Taehyun's insides churn, like he want to throw up. Mino really is embarassed to be seen with him. Taehyun had thought it was mighty cool of Mino to be so nonchalant about the whole thing. Now he remembers the one clause Mino had insisted they put in their contract, that Mino didn't want his friends to misunderstand. He guesses Mino had dragged Jihoon away to tell him about the fake relationship. Mino really don't want to be associated as Taehyun's boyfriend. He feels the beginning of tears prickling his eyes. What the hell! Taehyun never cries. He looks up to blink the prickling wetness away. Mino and his friend are a few feet away. A taxi comes by and without thinking, Taehyun hails it and gets inside. Without looking back, he directs the driver to go to his house, even though it is only a few blocks away. He just have to get away as fast as possible.

He goes straight to his room to change, glad that his mother has not yet reached home. He puts on his feel-good clothes, they don't help. Not even his bangles help. He decide to put on the leather cuff Jongsik had given him instead. Its huge and ugly, definitely not Taehyun's taste. He smiles a little when he remembers Jongsik saying he had better taste than him. If it isn't for the person who gifted him the cuff, Taehyun will not be caught dead wearing the damn thing. He directs his thoughts to that instead.

Taehyun settles on his bed with his laptop, surfing aimlessly, checking college applications and requirements. Danah and he have decided they will apply to the same colleges so that they will not be separated. He can't wait to get to college. He re-checks his portfolios and credits, like the meticulous person that he is. College admissions will not start until the next year. Taehyun likes to be prepared. Organising things also help him calm down.

A text arrives. It's from Mino.

Song Minho: Where are you?

Taehyun changes Mino's name in his phone to "Jerkface" in anger. He doesn't reply.

Jerkface: At least you're reading my messages

Jerkface: Why did you leave without saying anything

Jerkface: Did I do something wrong?

Another message comes.

Song Danah: Hey where are you?

Nam Taehyun: Home. Why?

Song Danah: My brother literally barged inside my drama class looking for you

Nam Taehyun: Oh

Song Danah: Did something happe? Was he being an again?

Nam Taehyun: Its nothing. Tell him I am sick or something

Song Danah: Ok. But you have to tell me what happened, I am coming over after practice

Nam Taehyun: No. Don't. I'm just tired. I will see you tomorrow

Song Danah: Fine. But please don't disappear like that again. Mino looked distrought. And I have to know what happened so I can clobber him

Nam Taehyun: Haha don't worry. You know I tell you everything.

Danah still does not seem convinced but she lets it go. She has to get back to practice anyway.

His mood did not improve over dinner even though he refuses to dwell on it. After dinner he goes back to his room to see he has received messages from Jongsik as well. This is the first time Jongsik is messaging him after they broke up.

Jung Jongsik: Hi

Jung Jongsik: I need you to return the books I lent you

Jung Jongsik: You there?

Taehyun giggles. Jongsik is trying to find excuses to talk to him.

Nam Taehyun: I thought you "Gave" them to me

Jung Jongsik: Nope. I definitely said "Lend"

Nam Taehyun: Are you sure?

There is no reply for a while. Taehyun can't leave it at that. He needs to keep talking and keep making Jongsik talk.

Nam Taehyun: Why do you need them back anyway? You don't read novels

Jung Jongsik: I thought I could start

Nam Taehyun: I have a good book I can recommend you if you want to start, for a beginner

Jung Jongsik: REALLY

Nam Taehyun: Yeah. I can "lend" it to you

Jung Jongsik: Great. Thaks. Bring it tomorrow.

Nam Taehyun: ok

Jung Jongsik: Um, Taehyun, ur not mad at me are u?

Jung Jongsik: With the way things ended

Nam Taehyun: Why should I be mad. Relationships end everyday. You can't force yourself to feel what you don't feel

Jung Jongsik: I never had to foce myself to like you

Nam Taehyun: I know I'm irresistible

Jung Jongsik: Yes you are. Friends?

Nam Taehyun: I told you. I don't need more friends

Nam Taehyun: Besides, its difficult to be friends with people you have feelings for

Jung Jongsik: you mean you...

Jung Jongsik: Do I dare ask?

Nam Taehyun: Had*

Jung Jongsik: Uh huh / wink emoji/

Jung Jongsik: Is he better than me?

Nam Taehyun: He's available

Jung Jongsik: So... no?

Nam Taehyun: He has a job, goes to college, great body and flawless face. What do you think?

Jung Jongsik: So, no.

Nam Taehyun: think whatever you like

Jung Jongsik: he looks like a tool. I guess he's good enough for a rebound

Nam Taehyun: Don't be jealous, you broke up with me.

Jung Jongsik: If you guys ever

Jung Jongsik: forget it

Jung Jongsik: I have to study. See you tomorrow

Nam Taehyun: K. Goodnight.

 

Taehyun decides to leave it at that, and not ask Jongsik what he means when he tried to say "If you guys" and stopped. He is surprised to see there is little snark in Jongsik's messages like before. He decides it is only a matter of time, he is sure of it. He will not be needing more help from Mino. He feels better about that. As much as he is angry at Mino for being embarassed about being seen with Taehyun, Taehyun doesn't blame him. It is probably a reflex action. He can't blame Mino for not wanting his friends to misunderstand. Now, there will not be any need for misunderstandings anymore.

.

.

.

Taehyun tells Mino he doesn't need to be picked up the next day, or any day after that. The art club is supposed to help the drama club with preparations for the stage with props and background painting etc. The school is buzzing with a celebratory mood, everyone have their work cut out for them. There isn't time to do much else, or think.

The next weekend Mino messages Taehyun he is owed a few hours of slave service since he missed 2 days. Its Saturday, Taehyun has nothing planned. Normally he will go to Danah's and they will plan the weekend together, however, he has been avoiding the Song household because of Mino. He is sure the guy will ask him uncomfortable questions he is not ready to answer.

This is different. This is a contract he has to uphold.

Mino had asked him to meet at his place. Taehyun goes grudgingly, he missed Danah anyway, even though they had seen each other in school just yesterday. Meeting outside always feels different.

Mino is waiting for him outside their apartment building, dressed in a red plaid shirt with black jeans. He looks really good, with his hair down and black rimmed glasses.

"Why are you outside?" Taehyun asks. He has to squint a little because the sun is behind Mino.

"We're going out," Mino says, twirling his keys in his hands.

"What? Article 2, Clause 3 clearly states..."

"That the slave should not be required to serve the master in public bla bla bla. I know all that but this is different. Instead of slave duties you're coming to flirt with me in front of my friends."

Taehyun is a little confused. Why does Mino want him to flirt with him? And then he remembers the conversation they had about the picture, about how Taehyun said he will help Mino out with his crush. "But I am not dressed to go out!" Taehyun is dismayed. He looks down at his clothes. He is wearing the first shirt he found and normal boring jeans, by Taehyun's standards, since he figured he was only going to Danah's place. He is also pretty sure his eyeliner is smudged and not in an intentional way. His shirt was something his mom had bought for him, a flimsy one with an ugly picture of a beach and 2 sizes too big for him. His mom always said he needed to put on weight. He's wearing his old converse shoes too, dirty and scuffed. "How am I supposed to make your crush find me a threat when I look like crap? Let me go and change."

"You look fine," Mino smiles at him, and he looks so genuine saying that that Taehyun is inclined to believe him. Then Mino moves closer, Taehyun takes a step back, not sure why his body did that. "I am not going to hurt you," Mino says, a little whine in his voice.

"I'm not scared of you," Taehyun spits out but his voice betrays his nervousness.

"Come here," Mino gestures. Taehyun follows like an obedient dog until he's an arm's length away from Mino. Mino touches his hair again. Taehyun thinks Mino has some strange fascination with hair; the first time they were alone in his room, Mino had done the same thing. He sepearates the thick fringe falling over Taehyun's forehead and seperates them in the middle. "Don't hide your pretty face," he says and then he adjusts the shirt on Taehyun, the neck is too big and it is almost falling off his right shoulder. Taehyun is sure he is blushing with his whole body, all the way to his toes because they are tingling.

"It's so hot," he mumbles, hoping Mino will think the weather is making him heat up.

"Shall we go?" Mino directs him towards where his Jeep is parked.

"So what's the plan?" Taehyun asks when they are both settled in the seats, using the same words Mino had used when he agreed to be his fake boyfriend, except for the cursing part. He checks himself in the rear-view mirror, curious to know what Mino did with his hair. He finds his hair parted right in the middle, not so perfectly since he didn't use any hair products, but the spray he used before holds it in place somehow. Taehyun hadn't tried the hairstyle before. It looks a little strange but somehow, he finds it rather suited him. He decides not to change it.

"Just be yourself I guess," Mino says easily.

"Myself but like... flirty?" Taehyun needs specifics.

"You don't have to force yourself to flirt with me if you don't want to," Mino replies, eyes trained on the road.

"No. This is too rash. I can't do this without a proper plan. How do we know each other? Which friend do I need to look out for? Are we supposed to be on the verge of dating or just touchy feely friends? If they ask why they have never met me what do I say? What's the ing plan?" Taehyun suddenly realises why Mino cursed that first time.

Mino pulls over in the middle of the road. Taehyun becomes a little scared and says a silent prayer Please don't let him throw me out again Please, please, please. I forgot my wallet at home. Instead there is silence. Taehyun opens one clenched-shut eye. Mino is looking at him, his face contorting like he is on the verge of laughing out loud. Why do I always make a fool of myself with him? Taehyun opens both his eyes and gives a little cough, pretending as if he just didn't scrunch his eyes shut praying, and glares at the guy who is smiling now.

"Ok. The plan is..." he starts talking without openly making fun of Taehyun. Taehyun is releaved. The simple plan is that they are going to be exactly who they are, but that Taehyun will stick close to Mino. Taehyun figures that will be his only option anyway since Mino will be the only one he knows.

"Okay," Taehyun says finally and they drive off again.

"So... what was it that you were thinking for just now. I saw your lips moving as if in prayer," Mino asks with a quirk of his lips. So much for being relieved.

"None of your business," Taehyun mutters and looks out the window. Mino does not question further. Taehyun lets a part of his arm hang out and feels the wind rushing by, messing up his hair, loving the freedom of being in an open car. Mino is playing rock music on the radio, electric guitar riffs fill his eardrums. He feels strangely adventurous. "Hey, do you think we will get pulled over if I stand up?" he asks Mino expectantly, grinning ear to ear.

"I have no idea," Mino replies honestly, his eyes twinkling, as if he knows what Taehyun is going to do next.

"Are you willing to bail me out or pay the fee?" Taehyun asks, already halfway up his seat.

"Sure, have a go," Mino is grinning too. Taehyun doesn't need more prodding, he has his feet on the seat, using the windshield for hand support and screams along with the song playing on the radio. It is exhilirating as he expected but it has to end too soon. Mino is starting to slow down after he takes a left. They have reached their destination.

"I wanna do that again," he gushes as he gets back to his seat, uncaring that people are staring at him. He checks his reflection in the mirror again, his hair looks like a bird's nest. He pouts, trying to fix it.

"Come here," Mino beckons him again from his seat. Taehyun turns and offers his head without a word, letting Mino part his hair the same way he had done before they got in the Jeep.

"Ahem," an exagerrated cough disturbs them, jerking Mino's hand away from his hair. Taehyun turns around to see the same guy from before, Jihoon, with a bunch of other guys. Taehyun recognises another senior from school, Seung-something and two other guys he does not recognise.

"Ah, hey guys," Mino greets his friends, and did Taehyun detect a hint of a blush? Is Mino's crush among these people? Taehyun gives each of them a once over trying to determine who is the lucky one when introductions are made. Jihoon does not seem likely, not Seungyoon either. Then there is Jinwoo, a really pretty one with big doe eyes. Taehyun decides Jinwoo must be the one. He does not believe anyone will pass up a face like that. He is absolutely gorgeous.

Taehyun greets everyone with a bow when he gets down from the jeep and the group makes their way inside. Taehyun notices the doe-eyed guy sidling up to Mino. He is sure he had guessed correctly. There are more people waiting for them inside the bowling arena. Another quick round of introductions are made; Seunghoon, Oh Hyuk and Jackson. Taehyun's head is swimming with names, he hopes he can remember them all.

"Yah! What took you so long?" Seunghoon is scolding Mino.

"I had to wait for the Diva here," Mino blames Taehyun. Mino had never called him a diva before, maybe it is a game he decides the two of them should play so he decides to go along.

"Hey don't blame me. If you made plans you could at least tell me the day before."

"Latecomer buys drinks," someone shouts. Some of the guys start betting on the game with everyone crowding around the table the Seunghoon guy is sitting at, ready to start a game. Mino agrees gamely and goes towards the food section, Taehyun follows closely at his heels. "Sorry, I didn't bring my wallet with me," he tells Mino while the guy ordered.

"Don't worry. Its on me. What would you like to have? You haven't had lunch, have you?"

Taehyun shakes his head no but he isn't hungry. They settle for pressed juice.

"So, who's the crush?" Taehyun asks while they are waiting for their drinks to be finished. They are both looking in the direction where Mino's friends are sitting.

Mino looks a little flustered. Taehyun figures he is embarassed. "Uh...um... Ja.. Jackson," he manages to spit out.

"Huh? I thought it would be Jinwoo?"

"What? No! Jinwoo is with Seungyoon," Mino explains.

"I was pretty sure Jinwoo had a crush on you," Taehyun murmurs. He hadn't even given Jackson a second glance but he knows it to be the over-enthusiastic one with the slight accent. Granted Mino's friends are all loud and energetic, but Jackson is a slight step above the rest. "Didn't think he would be your type."

"And you thought Jinwoo is my type?"

"Oh come on! Look at him. He is everybody's type," Taehyun gestures towards the guys.

"Is he your type?"

"Well that's different, you know," Taehyun smirks. "Let's just say if I were a straight girl Jinwoo would be another straight girl, but I am allowed to appreciate pretty faces."

"Ah! Got it!"

"Are you sure your crush is gay?" Taehyun asks, zeroing in on Jackson trying to get a read on him. He doesn't seem interested in guys at all. He hadn't even given Taehyun a once over apart from the cursory glance which is an anomaly. Taehyun always makes people look twice.

Mino looks panicked. Taehyun hopes he hadn't said something wrong. It will be awful if Mino's crush is straight, reducing him to pine with unrequited love. Mino deserves better than that. He hopes he is wrong about Jackson.

He gives a comforting squeeze to Mino's tense shoulders. "I'm sure he'll like you back. I am sure you can even turn straight guys gay," he reassures him. Mino manages a nervous smile. "But back to Jinwoo. If he has a boyfriend why does he stick to you like that? Are you sure he doesn't have a crush on you?"

"No!" Mino denies vehemently. "He just likes me that's all, like in a normal friendly way, he finds me cuddly. He and Seungyoon have been together for 3 years."

"So Seungyoon doesn't get jealous?"

"I don't think so. I mean, couples don't need to cling to each other all the time right?"

"Oh no!" Taehyun groans, hitting his head on the counter as a sudden frightening thought fills him. "Do you think Jongsik dumped me because I was too clingy? Like, we see each other everyday in school but I still sorta demand we go out on weekends too."

"I don't think that's what I meant," Mino's tone is soft, trying to be comforting. Taehyun continues hiding his face on the marble counter-top with self-inflicted misery.

"He is so busy you know, with his school work, sports and his plans to go abroad and maybe..."

"I don't think its wrong of you to demand dates on weekends, its not like you asked him to skip classes, right?" Mino's voice is closer to him now, next to his ears, calm and soothing. Taehyun finally looks up.

"You think? And no I never did that. I know how much the UK meant to him," Taehyun is very hopeful. He hadn't yet thought about what will happen once Jongsik goes out of the country. He wants to focus on the now, while Jongsik is still tangible and... here.

"I think a boyfriend should naturally love to spend time with you. I wouldn't consider spending time with someone I like as a waste of time. If he thought that way then there's no point fighting for him," Mino says with heat in his tone.

"You're right," Taehyun decides.

"I am?"

"Yeah. I am sure he didn't dump me because of that. I am sure its because of his stupid friends. You know... he almost asked me back several times this past week," Taehyun remembers with a little smile on his face. They have been texting each other constantly, and there were those lingering looks inside the classroom. There was also another close encounter in the boy's restroom, but they were disturbed by a flow of students coming in.

"Ah." Mino's jaw clenches, Taehyun feels he can probably cut himself on it, staring at that jaw from the side. "So I guess our contract will be over soon." It is not a question. There is fire, something akin to determination, in Mino's gaze. Taehyun thinks he seem way too excited for it to be over.

Their drinks arrive, Mino's friends are getting restless so they rejoined the party. "Yeah. You'll be off the hook soon." Taehyun smiles as bright as he can.

The group decides to split up into 2 groups, with a bet that says the loser team pays for the food and bowling fees. "I have never played before," Taehyun announces to Mino, although everyone can hear.

"You have to play, we will be short on one player," Jackson insists. "None of us are good players."

"No one will want me on their team," Taehyun does not want to spoil their fun. He certainly don't want to be the reason his team fails.

"Jinwoo is the worst player we know. He has hit only a single pin his entire life. You'll be fine," says Seungyoon.

"Hey!" Jinwoo protests

"Did I lie?" there is a glint in Seungyoon's eyes. Jinwoo pouts, obviously unable to retort because it is the truth. Seungyoon gives him a peck right on the adorable pout making the boy smile. It is decided Jinwoo and Taehyun will not be on the same team. Taehyun finally relents.

Taehyun, Mino, Jackson and Seunghoon are on one team while the others form the other team. They start a practice round first. Taehyun is nervous. He don't want Mino's friends to hate him. He wants to make a good impression, although there is no reason why that matters, he probably won't ever see them again. He picks up a bowling ball with ginger hands. A body appears behind him.

"Just focus on making the ball roll in the middle," Mino says close to his ears. He holds Taehyun's bowling ball and tells him which fingers to insert, two fingers and a thumb.

"Isn't there a particular way to throw it? Like, I can't roll it with two hands can I?" Taehyun asks.

Mino tries to show him, Taehyun can't understand, and the ball is freaking heavy. Mino gets behind him again and ushers him towards the starting point. He holds Taehyun's bowling hand at the wrist while the other hand holds his waist.

"I don't think that's how you teach someone to bowl, Mino," someone shouts from the back and there is laughter. They both turn at the same time, jerking away from each other. The caller was Jackson.

"Ooh. I think we are doing well here," Taehyun whispers to Mino. "You're getting your crush' attention."

Mino flushes again. He does not put his hand back on Taehyun's body, deciding to show by examples instead. Taehyun almost misses the warm, strong hands but shakes the feeling away. He is here to help Mino get with a guy. Mino takes another ball and throws it at the pins. It rolls flawlessly, a proper strike. The other team curses saying they are screwed. Mino has the most satisfied smile on his face.

"Do you think you can follow that?" Mino asks him. Taehyun wants to say No so that Mino will try teaching him again, unnecessarily putting their bodies close, but he goes with yes, the more logical choice. Danah will probably kill him if he is to start flirting with her big brother. He tries to remember what Mino did and rolls his ball. It is a little shaky but he knocks down a few pins. He lets out a whoop. At least it is not a gutter ball.

"I think he lied about his bowling skills to throw us off," Jinwoo complains loudly as he steps up at the starting point to bowl too. Its a complete gutter ball. "Yah! Yoonie. Come help me like Mino did?" he complains with his hands on his waist. He is the epitome of adorableness, it is clear Seungyoon feels the same because he approaches his boyfriend with the same indulgent smile on his face.

Practice rounds are over. Taehyun fares better than he thought he would. His face is flushed with excitement as he high fives the people on his team after he makes his biggest hit, leaving only 3 pins standing. Seunghoon makes up jeering songs to taunt the other team. Taehyun joins in the fun. They are the noisiest bunch of customers in the place though no one seem to mind.

Mino is good, Taehyun notices. Before he bowls his brows will knit in concentration, his veins will pop a little from his neck as he throws the ball, and Taehyun wishes the guy will wear that tank top again so that he can see his muscles work. They are annoyingly obstructed from view by the plaid shirt. He has to chide himself again for thinking that way. He isn't supposed to find Mino an eye-candy.

Taehyun starts bowling gutter balls, distracted and nervous. His feelings are all over the place and he doesn't have time to sort them out. After every gutter ball he will get even more nervous, ruining his game. When it is his turn again, Mino comes up to him, holds him on his shoulders and gives him a pep talk like he is about to compete in the Olympics. Everyone is insanely competitive. Taehyun hates losing too. "It's okay. Just do your best. Shake off your nerves."

Taehyun shakes his body as if he is possessed, making brrrrrr noises with his mouth. "Yeah!" he mumbles.

"Louder!" Mino shouts

"Yeah!" he mimics Mino's voice.

"Now go!," he says and slaps him on the . That is probably a mistake. Nerves rush back, although they are probably the good kind. Taehyun closes his eyes and concentrates on the pins, not the sting of Mino's palm on his bottom. He lets the ball drop. It’s a strike!

He can't contain his happiness. He turns around and hugs the first person he sees, who holds him tight and literally lifts him up in the air; his legs are clinging on for dear life. The team cheers around them. It is the last game. If the next person doesn't throw a gutter ball, they will win.

The euphoria wears off and Taehyun tries to get down. As soon as his feet touch the ground he realises what happened, that it is Mino whom he is clinging to. They both take a step back as if realising the same thing, turning away instantly pretending they have other things to do.

Seunghoon steps up, he knocks off 8 pins. They win! Jackson and Seunghoon links both their hands and dance around in front of the other team, celebrating the moment. Taehyun is too busy trying to avoid Mino he can't join the celebration.

They decide to leave the bowling arena and eat somewhere else. Seunghoon and Seungyoon suggest seafood. Being both from Busan they have a healthy appetite for the stuff. Seunghoon says he knows a great place nearby.

"No. Korean barbecue," Mino argues.

The group is divided. They finally decide on a place that serves both things. Mino seats Taehyun away from the seafood eaters. "You knew I am allergic to seafood, didn't you?" Taehyun asks when the two of them order pork belly.

"Of course," Mino gives him a winning smile.

"Thank you," Taehyun mumbles. He can see Jackson staring at the two of them from the corner of his eyes, the guy looks disapproving. He is seated on Taehyun's left, opposite to Mino who is on the right. Taehyun being at the head of the table. He  whispers in Mino's ears. "I think you should pay more attention to your crush."

"Am I not doing that?" Mino blurts out, but then his eyes go wide as if realising that no, he really isn't paying any attention to his crush so he shifts away from Taehyun, creating some space between them and starts grilling the meat on the table.

"Shouldn't Taehyun do that? Since he's the youngest and all," Jackson teases.

"He doesn't know how to grill meat," Mino replies without missing a beat, inviting no dissent. Taehyun has no idea how Mino knows that, or whether he said that only to make things less awkward for Taehyun.

By the time they leave the restaurant, the sun has set. The air at dusk was even better for a top-down drive through Seoul. Taehyun wonders when was the last time he ever had fun with such a huge group of people.

"Did you enjoy yourself?" Mino asks on the way home. "I hope my friends were not too much for you?"

“They were all really nice," Taehyun remembers with a smile. "Although you didn't seem to be doing what we came here to do; woo your crush."

Mino chuckles. He always finds it funny when Taehyun uses the word "woo"

"I have a feeling it doesn't really matter," he answers vaguely. Taehyun tries to ask what he means, but Mino is not forthcoming with answers. He figures if Mino is happy then he should probably let it go. He is sure Mino can figure out what to do by himself. Nobody in their right mind would turn down a guy like Mino anyway, Taehyun thinks then quickly adds; unless they experienced his short tempered self.

Mino drops him at his place like a gentleman. Taehyun is a little guilty he hadn't seen Danah the whole day, but it is late. He decides to be a good son and go home on time. He closes the door of the vehicle after he jumps out and smiles at Mino. "That was really fun. We should do it again sometime."

Mino looks at him, mild confusion in his features. Then Taehyun realises what he just said. His stupid brain must be thinking this is a date of some kind, when it clearly isn't. He is about to run off and hide under his blankets for eternity before Mino stops him with that chocolaty gruff voice of his.

"That's awesome! My friends are asking for a repeat match next week and they wanted me to ask you but I wan't sure."

"Oh," Taehyun is saved from the embarrassment. If only his cheeks would stop burning up. "Sure. I owe you two days of slavery anyway."

"You are being awfully well-treated for a slave," Mino teases.

"Well I am too pretty to be a slave anyway," Taehyun audaciously replies.

---------------------------------

 

A/N: So I'm writing a new Namsong story but I decided it will be invite only so in a few days I will be sending all the people who commented here to read it, like beta-testers sort of, but in this case, it will be beta-readers I guess, because I need people who will give me feedback/reviews. If you don't wish to be invited please let me know.